CFZ Not many folks, locally or nationally, gave the Cowboys a Chance

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, the team I’m picking to win NFC is SF. And I think we’ll win WC round. Will be tough on road at Phil or SF. We won’t be favored to win any after WC round.

But winning 12 or 13 games and 1 playoff game will be a good season for us. Much more than expected . And should provide confidence and momentum moving forward for 3 consecutive playoff seasons which hasn’t been accomplished since the 90’s.
Who is favored doesn't even matter. I hope everybody keeps doubting the Cowboys. They seem to win the games they're expected to lose. 8-1 at home and 3-3 on the road so far. It will be tough not having another home game, but if the defense gets healthy, I think the Cowboys can beat anybody. Anybody.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Almost all the Fox talking heads, the BSPN talking heads, the Zoner talking heads gave no chance for the Cowboys to beat the Eagirls. And after the first series pick 6 to give the Eagirls a 10-0 lead it was looking pretty bleak. The haters were out in force. Dak sucks! The Cowboys suck! The rats were jumping off the ship in record numbers. The haters were pounding their little chests saying “I told you Dak sucks!”

The Cowboys offense never blinked. Led by Dak, they converted 10 3rd/4th down conversions 2 for touchdowns. The run game was going nowhere. The defense was struggling. Dak had to put this team on his shoulders and he kept bringing the team back from behind. Something the haters said he couldn’t do. Yet he did. Over and over. Lamb was doing #1 WR plays the haters said he couldn’t do.

The haters are focusing on the pick 6 which was a bad play by Dak. The haters are also ignoring the 27/35 for 3 td’s and a 77% completion rate. Ran for 41 yards. They totally ignore that. Won’t acknowledge it. Won’t acknowledge that the only reason the game was close was because of the defensive deficiencies due to injuries. So fellow Zoners, ignore these haters. See them for what they are. Listen to them and understand that they are clueless about football. Embrace this team. It’s different than the teams of recent years. They’re not faltering down the stretch but instead making big plays to win games. This team is resilient. Defensive players Hankins and LVE will be coming back. No reason to cheer against them like the Dak haters do. They are guys/girls of low character. Low morals. Ignore them. Don’t let them push a perception into reality. That’s what they are trying to do.

Go Cowboys!
Dallas was a pretty big favorite to win this game.
Not only that but millions bet on them so much that the spread actually went up
Not sure what you are talking about.

If I'm not mistaken, even in the pick thread in this very forum, more people picked Dallas.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dallas was a pretty big favorite to win this game.
Not only that but millions bet on them so much that the spread actually went up
Not sure what you are talking about.

If I'm not mistaken, even in the pick thread in this very forum, more people picked Dallas.
:huh::facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dallas started at 1.5 point favorites and it went up to 4.5 points becasue so many people bet on Dallas

In this forum
74 picked Dallas (and 50 picked us to win by >4 points)
64 picked Philly
So more picked Dallas, but not by a lot.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/who...how-much-vote-now.504888/page-2#post-12417128
Did you watch the Fox pre game show? Not sure if JJ picked them, but none of the rest did. The vast majority of all the talking heads picked the Eagles. And I wasn’t talking about Vegas.

JBS

Reaction score
Dallas was favored by 6 points when the news that hurts wasn’t going to play broke

anybody that didn’t give Dallas a chance is just stupid

JBS

Reaction score

DFWJC

Reaction score
no. This is not what happened Hahahaah. Not even close..not the forum picks..the line movement
I know. It bounced all over the place...but with Dallas favored all week.

it opened at 1.5 and bounced as high as 6.5 and as low as 4 throughout the week.
We were favored the entire week

JBS

Reaction score
I know. It bounced all over the place...but with Dallas favored all week.

it opened at 1.5 and bounced as high as 6.5 and as low as 4 throughout the week.
We were favored the entire week
Correct. But the majority of the bets were on Philly. The reason the line ballooned up was bc hurts was ruled out after the opening line came out. It then fell back down bc the money came in on Philly

jwitten82

Reaction score
Almost all the Fox talking heads, the BSPN talking heads, the Zoner talking heads gave no chance for the Cowboys to beat the Eagirls. And after the first series pick 6 to give the Eagirls a 10-0 lead it was looking pretty bleak. The haters were out in force. Dak sucks! The Cowboys suck! The rats were jumping off the ship in record numbers. The haters were pounding their little chests saying “I told you Dak sucks!”

The Cowboys offense never blinked. Led by Dak, they converted 10 3rd/4th down conversions 2 for touchdowns. The run game was going nowhere. The defense was struggling. Dak had to put this team on his shoulders and he kept bringing the team back from behind. Something the haters said he couldn’t do. Yet he did. Over and over. Lamb was doing #1 WR plays the haters said he couldn’t do.

The haters are focusing on the pick 6 which was a bad play by Dak. The haters are also ignoring the 27/35 for 3 td’s and a 77% completion rate. Ran for 41 yards. They totally ignore that. Won’t acknowledge it. Won’t acknowledge that the only reason the game was close was because of the defensive deficiencies due to injuries. So fellow Zoners, ignore these haters. See them for what they are. Listen to them and understand that they are clueless about football. Embrace this team. It’s different than the teams of recent years. They’re not faltering down the stretch but instead making big plays to win games. This team is resilient. Defensive players Hankins and LVE will be coming back. No reason to cheer against them like the Dak haters do. They are guys/girls of low character. Low morals. Ignore them. Don’t let them push a perception into reality. That’s what they are trying to do.

Go Cowboys!
You didn't give Dallas a chance because you're a hater and a quitter. Everyone here knows that

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Go Cowboys!

I bet all week you will see those same people making excuses for the Birds.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Our defense is REALLY suss. Yesterday, they did enough to help Dak via turnovers.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hurts didnt play. If he does, we lose that game. That said, lets give credit to the defense for getting timely takeaways. We earned the win.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
When I have watched and listened to national media, they have given up on the Cowboys and the Eagles and Niners are the media darlings. I don’t think that narrative will change because Hurts didn’t play yesterday. I don’t buy that at all and think we still would have beaten them even if Hurts played. I personally like it when the Cowboys are counted out by the media as it puts the pressure on those other teams. The playoffs haven’t even started yet so no one has won jack just yet.

As evidenced in our own forum by some of our alleged “fans”, unfortunately the Cowboys have a lot of haters and none more than Dak. So to all you fake fans…suck it, go away, jump off then bandwagon that you probably were never on in the first place. The rest of us are going to ride and hope this year is different. And if it’s not, at least they had chance.