Not motivated to make my 2 year old a fan of the mediocre team

SDCowboy

Reaction score
My son is following in my foot steps..

Yesterday he asked did the cowboys win daddy? I responded with " nah the @##$ty cowboys lost again" let's go play catch or something.

He comes outside 5 minutes later with a cowboys jersey on... I told him to take that @#$$$ off and come back outside lol.
:laugh:

Reaction score
The Cowboys drove me to drinking and I will forever be grateful!! Salud!!
I must have a good buzz going when watching the Cowboys with the goal of timing the numb for the end of the game - not sure if that says more about me or the Cowboys!
:laugh:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please don't involve your son into this misery...He will only grow up to be another EMO fan and we have enough of them already.

Off to the drama zone.

Last edited:

DiResta

Reaction score
AT this point.. we will be LIKE THE BROWNS
Ben Roethlisberger threw 5 interceptions yesterday including pick 6
its fair to say he has the best wr in the nfl, a top 3 rb, 2 or 3 more receivers that could be number 1 on lesser teams
loads of talent on defense not just 1 guy like us
the Jaguars humiliated them the stadium emptied
after the Jags said this
"they’ve got a really good team. Hope nobody sleeps on the Pittsburgh Steelers"
lol
life is hard in the nfl if you slip for a second thats all it takes

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
First of all... I welcome all those SILLY, naive fans that will white knight this GARBAGE OF A TEAM AND organization to see with that things they come up with... or to ask me to leave.... PATHETIC.

I have gotten to a point where I will no longer encourage my 2 year old son to be a fan of something that represents inconsistency, lack of spirit and mediocreness as the Dallas Cowboys. There is simply no excuse, and justification to this GARBAGE. Please, avoid all those stupid comments such as:

Winning in the NFL is not easy
The salary cap era has made things tough
BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA
We have a touch schedule....
MORE BLA BLA BLA

The one AND ONLY, YES ONLY reason is compete is to WIN. PERIOD!!!!
We havent wont anything in 20 years.... Fans that were born in the late 90s have grown up cheering a team that has offered us more headaches than satisfaction.

Aside Bill Parcells, we have had CLOWNS and wannabe Headcoaches..... How can we win with those guys leading our team? Yes also the front office is horrible, but this is simply so dissapointing and frustrating.
I will always be a fan, no matter what, but boy o boy.. how hard it is to cheer and try to enjoy this team. It amazes me how long it has been, and we are just getting used to being beaten and mocked at.

I ever wonder if I will see this team win a championship while I am still alive....
At this point, I dont know what needs to happen for things to change.

Rant off... back to work.
Go away then. You have a loser mentality.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My kids are fully grown now and out of the house. They are all healthy, independent and all Cowboys fans but they wanted to be part of a winning team when they made that decision for themselves. They grew up in the 90's. Kids can think for themselves.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
It’s just a cry for help.

I’m here for you when you need the push

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
My son and I are die hard Cowboy fans, his first born son due in January will be the same. It's in our blood. Not going anywhere. We're staying put. :thumbup:

Go Cowboys :flagwave:

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I sometimes feel bad that I molded my 11 year old into a Cowboys fan. I got so excited about the team last year, that I took him to big D for the playoff game. Yes we lost, but now that he's been to the stadium, been to a playoff game, my kid is in it for life. He watched the entire game with me on Sunday, and was just as depressed as I was when we blew it at the end. That being said, it's great spending time with my kid watching the game, and having a team we both love. If and when the Cowboys finally do win it all again, it's gonna be awesome sharing that moment with my boy.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I will still be here.. just venting sigh...

Don't listen to goofballs that say stuff like that. They are cheerleaders not diehard fans. Your anxiety is well warranted. People have to realize in the last 20 years there are only a handful of teams that have had less success. If you are 30, you were 9 the last time this team was a champion. I had this discussion with a Jets fan who was saying how much more successful Dallas has been than the Jets. I had to remind him, they have been in 3 conference championship games since Dallas has been in one. I would say Bring your kid up to be a Dallas fan, as Jerry can't be around forever....can he??

Darkhound

Reaction score
Don't listen to goofballs that say stuff like that. They are cheerleaders not diehard fans. Your anxiety is well warranted. People have to realize in the last 20 years there are only a handful of teams that have had less success. If you are 30, you were 9 the last time this team was a champion. I had this discussion with a Jets fan who was saying how much more successful Dallas has been than the Jets. I had to remind him, they have been in 3 conference championship games since Dallas has been in one. I would say Bring your kid up to be a Dallas fan, as Jerry can't be around forever....can he??
True