Not shocking at all

HungryLion

Reaction score
The results so far this season are not shocking at all.

The weaknesses of the team are exactly what the “haters” have been pointing out all off season long.

Can’t stop the run. Can’t run the ball. No good RB’s. No good DT’s. Inconsistent Lb play due to the youth at the position.

Lack of speed and explosiveness at WR2 and WR3.

Rookies on OL are struggling as they learn and Terrance Steele is still vastly overrated.

The Cowboys just aren’t a very good football team right now. So it shouldn’t shock anyone when they play poorly and get beat.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Don't disagree with one word you have said.

Can improve over the season though, since a lot is inexperience. Can move both ways.

Defense is truly just an immense anchor.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

The weaknesses of the team are exactly what the “haters” have been pointing out all off season long.

Can’t stop the run. Can’t run the ball. No good RB’s. No good DT’s. Inconsistent Lb play due to the youth at the position.

Rookies on OL are struggling as they learn and Terrance Steele is still vastly overrated.

The Cowboys just aren’t a very good football team right now. So it shouldn’t shock anyone when they play poorly and get beat.
I don't think anyone is going to say 'I told you so'. There's no point.

I'm curious why you didn't say anything about Dak. His passes were all over the place and contributed to the poor offense.

J_Allen

Reaction score
So strange! So being unwilling to improve your team results in your team not improving?
We like our guys, especially Malik Davis. Well, Jerry does at least.

Every year we ignore the interior of our defensive line and every year we have the exact same results. You cannot run to the Bargain Bin every year to fix it. It doesn't work. The same goes for running back. We had zero running backs on the roster capable of helping the offense and we didn't draft one.

It would be interesting to see what running backs were on the board when we took our fourth backup tight end in the second who contributes absolutely nothing to the offense.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

that about sums it up. BUT....that was the outlook PRIOR to the season....but yep....Dak and his contract are the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!! If only Dak had taken the contract that Tua got...it would have solved everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

movaughn88

Reaction score
Could, maybe. But every game counts. Games in week 2 and 3 count exactly the same as games in week 18.
I think everyone realizes if we are anywhere near .500 by week 9 we can have a good season.

But unless the defense improves, its a lost cause.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
About where I thought the Cowboys would be record wise, 1-2, didn't expect to beat the Browns or Ravens, even though beating the Browns and losing to the Saints......Cowboys are just a very average team

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is going to say 'I told you so'. There's no point.

I'm curious why you didn't say anything about Dak. His passes were all over the place and contributed to the poor offense.

Because I don’t want it to devolve into a solely Dak thread man.

Dak hasn’t been good so far this year either. But we are stuck with him for at least 3-4 more years.

But beyond Dak this roster has serious serious issues too. So I wanted to focus on that. Plus. We know Dak is good enough to win a bunch of regular season games. He just can’t get it done in the playoffs. Which of course is a big problem. But now the problems are even worse team-wide.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Why do the DE/Edge players who give up the edge all the time get a free pass? I get it, DT is bad. But Parsons, Lawerence, ect... have been just as bad in the run D.

Just want to make sure we are being complete in blame for the run defense issues.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think everyone realizes if we are anywhere near .500 by week 9 we can have a good season.

But unless the defense improves, its a lost cause.

Hey. Maybe the cowboys still have a winning record. But do they look anything like a contending team right now? Like they’re even close to being Super Bowl caliber?

I mean. They’re awful the last 2 weeks. Just awful.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Why do the DE/Edge players who give up the edge all the time get a free pass? I get it, DT is bad. But Parsons, Lawerence, ect... have been just as bad in the run D.

Just want to make sure we are being complete in blame for the run defense issues.

Parsons is who he is. He is undersized at DE. But he’s also an elite pass rusher.

The FO should be putting players around him to help the run defense. So parsons can focus on what makes him special, chasing QB’s. That’s what the FO should be doing. But we haven’t had a great DT in like 15 years.