Not shocking at all

movaughn88

Reaction score
Hey. Maybe the cowboys still have a winning record. But do they look anything like a contending team right now? Like they’re even close to being Super Bowl caliber?

I mean. They’re awful the last 2 weeks. Just awful.
No real arguments other than the defense maybe found something in the 2nd half - but that could be because of the score.

Not sure what else to tell you - but I always like to have hope. Most people that post here are just "betting on the no pass line"

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Because I don’t want it to devolve into a solely Dak thread man.

Dak hasn’t been good so far this year either. But we are stuck with him for at least 3-4 more years.

But beyond Dak this roster has serious serious issues too. So I wanted to focus on that. Plus. We know Dak is good enough to win a bunch of regular season games. He just can’t get it done in the playoffs. Which of course is a big problem. But now the problems are even worse team-wide.
Dallas is stuck with him for at least another 4 and a half. Remember? He fleeced Jerry for another NTC.

Sydla

Reaction score
The results so far this season are not shocking at all.

The weaknesses of the team are exactly what the “haters” have been pointing out all off season long.

Can’t stop the run. Can’t run the ball. No good RB’s. No good DT’s. Inconsistent Lb play due to the youth at the position.

Lack of speed and explosiveness at WR2 and WR3.

Rookies on OL are struggling as they learn and Terrance Steele is still vastly overrated.

The Cowboys just aren’t a very good football team right now. So it shouldn’t shock anyone when they play poorly and get beat.
I mean any sane person knew these would be issues.

Our owner is not sane.

HungryLion

Reaction score
No real arguments other than the defense maybe found something in the 2nd half - but that could be because of the score.

Not sure what else to tell you - but I always like to have hope. Most people that post here are just "betting on the no pass line"

I wish I could have hope. But I’m trying to be realistic. This is not a Super Bowl caliber roster. It’s 100% absolutely not.

They would need like absolutely crazy development from a bunch of young players and those players improve miraculously from where they’re at right now.

It’s just not realistic at all.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is going to say 'I told you so'. There's no point.

I'm curious why you didn't say anything about Dak. His passes were all over the place and contributed to the poor offense.
This is something the Dak lovers omit.. he sucked for 3 quarters and finally plays better in the 4th when the Ravens have taken their foot off the gas.. Garbage time stats once again. Loser.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

The weaknesses of the team are exactly what the “haters” have been pointing out all off season long.

Can’t stop the run. Can’t run the ball. No good RB’s. No good DT’s. Inconsistent Lb play due to the youth at the position.

Rookies on OL are struggling as they learn and Terrance Steele is still vastly overrated.

The Cowboys just aren’t a very good football team right now. So it shouldn’t shock anyone when they play poorly and get beat.
I decided 2 weeks ago to stop watching games for the first time in, I cant remember frankly. Lets just say I dont feel stupid for my decision

movaughn88

Reaction score
I wish I could have hope. But I’m trying to be realistic. This is not a Super Bowl caliber roster. It’s 100% absolutely not.

They would need like absolutely crazy development from a bunch of young players and those players improve miraculously from where they’re at right now.

It’s just not realistic at all.
You seem like a rational person and that is much appreciated on this board.

Yes. Involves 1) young OL mostly LT finding a way 2) one of the WRs to step up and 3) some wild combination of breeland and other young guys standing up on D.

Unlikely my man.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Yes. Involves 1) young OL mostly LT finding a way 2) one of the WRs to step up and 3) some wild combination of breeland and other young guys standing up on D.

Unlikely my man.

Thank you. I appreciate your discussion.

I’m trying to be calm. This is very frustrating. It didn’t have to be this way. They could have fielded a better team this season.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Thank you. I appreciate your discussion.

I’m trying to be calm. This is very frustrating. It didn’t have to be this way. They could have fielded a better team this season.
They could have paid these contracts 6 months ago where we still have $25M IN CAP SPACE

DT? RB? WR?

Everyone gets mad at our players but this is the core issue.

Fmart322

Reaction score

Unlikely my man.
And the running game improving somehow too. I think the Cowboys need to start looking at other teams practice rosters and hope to find a hidden gem.

Also, if Schoonmaker could improve that would be great. Having 2 TEs that are a threat is great to move the chains and on the goal line.

HungryLion

Reaction score
They could have paid these contracts 6 months ago where we still have $25M IN CAP SPACE

DT? RB? WR?

The roster the cowboys have is 100% the FO’s choice. They could have done more. They could have added more players. They chose not to. It was a choice they made.

Now we all have to lie in a bed of their making.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The haters don't have to constantly point them out, we all have eyes. But, thanks for your contribution

NumOneQB

Reaction score

Spot on.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Sthu....I see, I just don't have to yell it from the rafters minute after minute.

You’re so stoic and commendable. Really you’re just a leader setting the example for the rest of us posters.

What would we do without you.