Not so fast J.J. some of us remember the last 20 some years!

rwalters31

Reaction score
OK, JJ has done a lot for the NFL and I get that. His record for the Cowboys should have tarnished the partying. Remember he fired the second best coach we every had that built a team and won a couple of Superbowls. He also fired the best coach we every had who made us Americas Team and won a couple of Supperbowls. As a GM he spent large amounts of money on specialty players and nothing on the OL and DL. That got us 21 years of NO Supperbowls and not too many post season appearances. Until I see us in a Supperbowl I will have this same opinion of JJ.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OK, JJ has done a lot for the NFL and I get that. His record for the Cowboys should have tarnished the partying. Remember he fired the second best coach we every had that built a team and won a couple of Superbowls. He also fired the best coach we every had who made us Americas Team and won a couple of Supperbowls. As a GM he spent large amounts of money on specialty players and nothing on the OL and DL. That got us 21 years of NO Supperbowls and not too many post season appearances. Until I see us in a Supperbowl I will have this same opinion of JJ.

Jimmy has as much to do with leaving than Jerry. As for your opinion everyone has one.

rwalters31

Reaction score
I hope all your retirement ceremonies from wherever you guys work there's some drunk guy that shows up to talk about the times you showed up late to work or were written up :facepalm::facepalm::huh::facepalm::facepalm:

I do remember some of the avatars from some of our members that showed JJ Sh_t faced. I presume he was who you were talking about?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, thank God Jimmy was his roommate in college.
There is a lot of luck and right timing that goes along with winning and losing. Everything from coaches, players, injuries etc needs to fall into place just right. Not only for your team, but for the other teams as well. Jerry's biggest problem is probably winning too early. He thought it would always be that easy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I Thought from the initial post, this would be a rant zone thread....but it turned out so far only the thread creator should be in the rant zone....:lmao2:

Reaction score
My biggest complaints about Jerry during the dark years were that he didn't prioritize the OL sufficiently and his drafts were abysmal. He's seemingly fixed that in recent years so we ought to give him some credit for improving as a GM,,, Garret probably deserves some credit for this as well. ha, that would make some people's heads explode.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What so many tend to forget was Jimmy did not hire himself. Jerry played a big part in Jimmy career even on college level of helping Jimmy get hired on at OSU and then giving Jimmy a great opportunity in Dallas on the pro level. Jerry took the heat early on, Landry being fired, the walker trade where many fans were upset with letting our best player go that is until the move proved itself as a spring board for major success. Hell Jerry was being mocked for hiring a college coach until the move turned out to be great. Jimmy clearly deserves props for the Cowboys success but then none of this happens if Jerry does not step in as owner of the Cowboys and gives Jimmy the chance. Now even Jimmy leaving is dumped all on Jerry when the reality was both men played a part in this. This we know based on Aikman comments who was in the room with both men the day they parted ways.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cool story bro.

Hardline

Reaction score
Is this Supperbowl an eating championship?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Two guys with large egos
Jerry has made his share of mistakes and his share of good moves
As for firing Landry, as much as I loved Landry, it was time to move on and we would not have had those teams in the 90's had we not

I agree. Funny part the season before the Cowboys were sold to Jerry many Cowboy fans where calling for Landry head. People had said the game passed him by and wanted him gone yet when he was gone Jerry took the blame. Fact is Jerry has been getting blamed since Day 1 by many fans. I don't always agree with Jerry but I also know that the Cowboys are more than just a money making business for Jerry. He does have passion for this team and success and while he deserves blame for these past season as GM I don't doubt his intent of trying to build a winner. For me I can laminate on the past or look forward to what is being put in place today and for me that is an easy choice. You can't change what has already happened but you can move forward and build a better future.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jerry is one of the biggest icons in the history of the NFL so of course he deserved to be in the hall of fame.

But...

His ego has held this team hostage and we have had to do our best to win while not letting his ego take too big of a hit.

Instead of having the best coaches and GM's we've had horrible to mediocre at both. Excluding Parcells who started with next to nothing here and in his short time got us headed back in the right direction.