Notable QB's Records When D Gives up 30pts

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not sure how this means anything---good or bad--for Dak

But it's pretty amazing that ANY teams (and QB) won a playoff game after their D gave up 30 points.
Kudos especially to Warner and Brady.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak was terrible in the LA playoff game until garbage hour against their prevent defense. His arm gave us zero chance to win that game. Same story against anyone good last year. The man did not engineer a single 4th quarter comeback in 2019. But wait, lets harken back to 2016.

But no worries, Jerry is trying to buy more. The offer is now 35 million annually with 106M guaranteed. We should have 8-8 sewn up for the foreseeable future.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/da...uhX2N5kk5fkyr6aKef65uOnOFmbnNg8QVCV627-XHXVic
Goff was terrible too....but see Goff got 200 plus rushing yards from his running backs. That was the difference in the game. Wasn't Dak.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I have no issues paying Dak a little more than Wilson just so he can say he is the highest paid player in the NFL. I do not think any fan would say they think Dak is the best QB in the NFL or better than Wilson. But most understand that is how contracts work (when your up you get paid more).

This whole contract structure you speak of is honesty nonsense. We know Dallas isnt doing anything out of normal contracts and the important part is the guaranteed which is at least 106 million. So I'm not playing a game there could be some off wording in the structure because when that happens the reports are that both sides agree to the principle terms and just need to fine tune the language. How many times as sports fans have we seen that being reported? Too many times to be counted.

The real issue is the amount of years. lets be honest here. That is the issue I now have with Dak. Its outrageous for him to turn this down. Plain and simple.

No, you really don't know what the Cowboys are doing. We aren't hearing Dak's side talking. And any leaks to the media are only going to be on the side of "outrage" at what Dak is allegedly asking for because that sells way better. Remember the $40M a year figure? That was so outrageous even Dak's camp had to come out to refute that. And it still doesn't stop people here from bringing it up because it's what they want to believe to have as ammo against someone getting paid. The media understands the public being anti-money for athletes so they play to that angle. And if they think there's a market to exploit, that means it exists in good measure. It's good business sense just like what Dak is doing is good business sense. Same for Zeke.

I honestly don't get why the years would make people turn against Dak. That's what he wants for whatever reason he wants it as part of his business plan. If it's to get another contract at higher dollars, then why not? If he's not as good on the theoried current 4-year deal the price actually goes down (which might actually be up at that point in time) but the Cowboys can also move on if they didn't like what they saw. If he is worth it then the Cowboys have the inside track to sign him up again. Are people just upset with him because it's unsettled what will happen then or because a player is maximizing getting paid which the media knows people hate and feeds it to them? I think it's both.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mahomes is left off and he has a superbowl ring and a win when his team has given up +30 points. I feel like its one of those meaningless arbitrary stats... Why 30+ points? Whats so magical about that number?
Mahomes when his defense gave up over 30 points:

Regular Season 2 wins, 6 losses

Playoffs 1 win, 1 loss

DFWJC

Reaction score
No, you really don't know what the Cowboys are doing. We aren't hearing Dak's side talking. And any leaks to the media are only going to be on the side of "outrage" at what Dak is allegedly asking for because that sells way better. Remember the $40M a year figure? That was so outrageous even Dak's camp had to come out to refute that. And it still doesn't stop people here from bringing it up because it's what they want to believe to have as ammo against someone getting paid. The media understands the public being anti-money for athletes so they play to that angle. And if they think there's a market to exploit, that means it exists in good measure. It's good business sense just like what Dak is doing is good business sense. Same for Zeke.

I honestly don't get why the years would make people turn against Dak. That's what he wants for whatever reason he wants it as part of his business plan. If it's to get another contract at higher dollars, then why not? If he's not as good on the theoried current 4-year deal the price actually goes down (which might actually be up at that point in time) but the Cowboys can also move on if they didn't like what they saw. If he is worth it then the Cowboys have the inside track to sign him up again. Are people just upset with him because it's unsettled what will happen then or because a player is maximizing getting paid which the media knows people hate and feeds it to them? I think it's both.
Fwiw
I keep hearing that Dak is asking for 4 years but with 5 years of guaranteed money.
So if Dallas offers 106 guaranteed for 5 years, he wants that in 4 years. Plus slightly more overall per year as well.
But, none of us really know the full story.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was terrible in the LA playoff game until garbage hour against their prevent defense. His arm gave us zero chance to win that game. Same story against anyone good last year. The man did not engineer a single 4th quarter comeback in 2019. But wait, lets harken back to 2016.

But no worries, Jerry is trying to buy more. The offer is now 35 million annually with 106M guaranteed. We should have 8-8 sewn up for the foreseeable future.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/da...uhX2N5kk5fkyr6aKef65uOnOFmbnNg8QVCV627-XHXVic

The Cowboys were only behind by 8 points at the end of the 3rd quarter and ended the game down by 8 points.

Nobody with an IQ above pre-school level would consider that garbage time.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Fwiw
I keep hearing that Dak is asking for 4 years but with 5 years of guaranteed money.
So if Dallas offers 106 guaranteed for 5 years, he wants that in 4 years. Plus slightly more overall per year as well.
But, none of us really know the full story.

You're right. No one knows. We all just "hear" things. And folks use what they hear as support for already-entrenched viewpoints to come down on the side they're against. Again, no investigation is ever necessary for using it as ammo.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wouldn't this seem to suggest that cap space is better spent on the Defensive side of the ball?

The truth is that Offense effects Defensive play and the Defense does the same for the Offense. Long successful drives help the D and short fields and three and outs help the O.

It would suggest that unless they think the reason is quarterback related.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You're right. No one knows. We all just "hear" things. And folks use what they hear as support for already-entrenched viewpoints to come down on the side they're against. Again, no investigation is ever necessary for using it as ammo.
All we know is that the two sides don't agree.
We have general ideas on what the offer is, but really not much info on what the ask is, other than that it is more than the offer.

BigD_95

Reaction score

I tend to disagree. I do not think people care what athletes get paid as far as their earnings. At least it has never stopped people from supporting their team and going to games or watching them on TV.

I think why people do care about what NFL athletes get paid is only about winning. At least that is my issue. See, I support the Cowboys not Dak. I will support Dak as long as he is the QB for the Cowboys. But I and most fans tend to side with their teams over players because we are fans of the teams first. If Dak's actions make it harder for us fans to see the Cowboys win then thats where I believe most have issues. I could careless if Dak makes a Billion dollars in endorsements. Good for him. If there was no salary cap and Dallas paid Dak 60 million a year ...good for him

But when Cowboys, under a cap, offer him a more than fair offer making him the highest paid player in the NFL. ... which any Cowboys fan will say he is not the best player in the NFL and he says no. Then yes, I have an issue. When we know as fans... that Dak needs talent around him to win and want other good players... then I have an issue with his greed. Because I want the Cowboys to win. Yes, I want Dak to be treated fairly but Im more concern with the state of the Cowboys than Dak.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Wouldn't this seem to suggest that cap space is better spent on the Defensive side of the ball?

The truth is that Offense effects Defensive play and the Defense does the same for the Offense. Long successful drives help the D and short fields and three and outs help the O.

you still need a very good QB to make key plays to win playoff games,unless you can guarantee a QB better than Dak then i would rather stick with Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Cowboys were only behind by 8 points at the end of the 3rd quarter and ended the game down by 8 points.

Nobody with an IQ above pre-school level would consider that garbage time.
dak detractors do....get your science straight

bandfan

Reaction score
Shouldn't Jim Kelly be on that list? I can think of 2 games really quick....

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tip of the cap to
Brady
Warner
P Manning

Each QB'd teams to 2 wins when their D's gave up 30

The rest of the thread basically says nothing, as nobody else did that.
Teams with Andy Dalton and Mark Sanchez starting also went 0-1 in that situation.
It's the norm. Not good, not bad.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I tend to disagree. I do not think people care what athletes get paid as far as their earnings. At least it has never stopped people from supporting their team and going to games or watching them on TV.

I think why people do care about what NFL athletes get paid is only about winning. At least that is my issue. See, I support the Cowboys not Dak. I will support Dak as long as he is the QB for the Cowboys. But I and most fans tend to side with their teams over players because we are fans of the teams first. If Dak's actions make it harder for us fans to see the Cowboys win then thats where I believe most have issues. I could careless if Dak makes a Billion dollars in endorsements. Good for him. If there was no salary cap and Dallas paid Dak 60 million a year ...good for him

But when Cowboys, under a cap, offer him a more than fair offer making him the highest paid player in the NFL. ... which any Cowboys fan will say he is not the best player in the NFL and he says no. Then yes, I have an issue. When we know as fans... that Dak needs talent around him to win and want other good players... then I have an issue with his greed. Because I want the Cowboys to win. Yes, I want Dak to be treated fairly but Im more concern with the state of the Cowboys than Dak.

Oh, yes they do care. As I said before, the salary cap makes for a convenient cover but you go searching other sports without a salary cap and it's the same "they need to take less" spiel. You can criticize the media for what you will but they are some of the best people experts out there. They know how to use people's emotions to get them to click and watch so they love stoking the "player X turned down millions" angle to get people in a frenzy about their "greed." Holdouts make excellent stories in that regard.

But as for Dak, I responded to a deleted post from earlier that stated that Wilson ($107M), Goff ($110M) and Wentz ($108M) got more guaranteed money on their 4-year extensions than Dak is being offered on this alleged 5-year deal. If Dak wants a 4-year deal and the FO wants 5, is it a "fair deal" to offer less guaranteed than others got on their 4-year deals? If you wanted a 4-year deal, would you sign at 5 for less guaranteed than your peers got on 4-year deals, two of which you can argue you're better than? Plus, it's a year later in the QB market which means it's even higher than when those two signed.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
You can't bring back the past, the future is an unknown, live only for the here and now, That's why they call it the "Present" it's a gift.
Let's see how well Dak plays with better coaching, players around him and hopefully a defense that can stop our opponents once in awhile.
If the team fails after this, you Have to look at the quarterback. He will be paid like a star, it's time he played like one, against bad And good teams, both at home and On the Road.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Oh, yes they do care. As I said before, the salary cap makes for a convenient cover but you go searching other sports without a salary cap and it's the same "they need to take less" spiel. You can criticize the media for what you will but they are some of the best people experts out there. They know how to use people's emotions to get them to click and watch so they love stoking the "player X turned down millions" angle to get people in a frenzy about their "greed." Holdouts make excellent stories in that regard.

But as for Dak, I responded to a deleted post from earlier that stated that Wilson ($107M), Goff ($110M) and Wentz ($108M) got more guaranteed money on their 4-year extensions than Dak is being offered on this alleged 5-year deal. If Dak wants a 4-year deal and the FO wants 5, is it a "fair deal" to offer less guaranteed than others got on their 4-year deals? If you wanted a 4-year deal, would you sign at 5 for less guaranteed than your peers got on 4-year deals, two of which you can argue you're better than? Plus, it's a year later in the QB market which means it's even higher than when those two signed.

fair point of the guarantee the others got. Dallas would have to increase that on a 5 year deal. I agree