Note to JJ: Fans don't care about how contract negotiations are going

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If only Jerry Jones could realize how stupid he looks when he talks publicly about “how negotiations are going” with any player in any contract situation. He seems to think that he’s giving fans important updates. No one cares how contract negotiations are going. No one. What matters to fans? Either getting a deal done (or not) and moving on. Period. Give us the best players we can fit under the cap that help us win.

I honestly believe Jerry thinks it’s all part of the entertainment process he so loves. It not only doesn‘t work, in fact it often drives a player and their agent to dig their heels in deeper. Rarely do you see a player’s agent come out and speak publicly about “how the negotiations are going”.

And as far as fans go, I can only speak for me but I could not care less what JJ thinks about anyone’s contract negotiations. Probably 99% of what he’s saying is pure bull excrement. What matters to fans? Either getting a deal done (or not) and moving on. Period. Just shut up Jerry and give us the best team you can. Contract negotiations are not entertaining.

The BEST deals for both sides usually happen quickly and with almost no public comments made by either side. Contract negotiations are not entertaining. Give us the best team you can as soon as possible. We don’t need no stinking’ updates, lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s all about appealing to public perception.

It’s why it’s a conflict of interest for him wearing both hats of owner and GM.

Jethro cares more about what the public (fans and media) think than what’s actually goping on.

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If only Jerry Jones could realize how stupid he looks when he talks publicly about “how negotiations are going” with any player in any contract situation. He seems to think that he’s giving fans important updates. No one cares how contract negotiations are going. No one. What matters to fans? Either getting a deal done (or not) and moving on. Period. Give us the best players we can fit under the cap that help us win.

I honestly believe Jerry thinks it’s all part of the entertainment process he so loves. It not only doesn‘t work, in fact it often drives a player and their agent to dig their heels in deeper. Rarely do you see a player’s agent come out and speak publicly about “how the negotiations are going”.

And as far as fans go, I can only speak for me but I could not care less what JJ thinks about anyone’s contract negotiations. Probably 99% of what he’s saying is pure bull excrement. What matters to fans? Either getting a deal done (or not) and moving on. Period. Just shut up Jerry and give us the best team you can. Contract negotiations are not entertaining.

The BEST deals for both sides usually happen quickly and with almost no public comments made by either side. Contract negotiations are not entertaining. Give us the best team you can as soon as possible. We don’t need no stinking’ updates, lol.
You're right - no one cares about stuff like this, but Jerry thinks he needs to make a show out of everything he does. He gets far more satisfaction out of the franchise simply being in the news than he does about the on field performances.

For Jerry it's all about promoting the circus and maintaining the 'relevance' and 'interesting' part of the day to day operations. He fails to see (or is just totally ignorant) of the fact that building a dominant winner on the field will get him all the media attention he could ever want, but that isn't high enough on the list of priorities because win or lose, he is still getting what he craves most.

There is only one thing that will get Jerry to change and we all know what that is, but because the Dallas / Fort Worth are is such a melting pot it will never happen. There are far to many fans of other teams moving to this area that even if all Cowboys fans boycotted the games the stadium would still be filled on game days. Jerry wouldn't care if the stadium was 99% filled with cheese heads, Iggles turds, or Stealer fans, it will always be butts in seats.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iA746rP.png

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Don't worry it should all be over soon!!

Creeper

Reaction score
I care how contract negotiations are going. I just don't believe media reports or what either sides are saying about how contract negotiations are going. If negotiations are going well, a deal happens. If there is no deal, then things are not going well.

Swanny

Reaction score

Jerry has proven to be the best at making money. If Jerry thinks that giving updates on contract negotiations helps him make money then who are we to question if it helps him make money? He's the best there is at making money in the NFL. That's the one thing he does well.

Contract negotiations are entertaining. It gets the Cowboys in the news cycle. It creates clicks. It creates controversy amongst fans. For example this post. This post only helps support Jerry's potential thinking that contract negotiation updates make him money.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has proven to be the best at making money. If Jerry thinks that giving updates on contract negotiations helps him make money then who are we to question if it helps him make money? He's the best there is at making money in the NFL. That's the one thing he does well.

Contract negotiations are entertaining. It gets the Cowboys in the news cycle. It creates clicks. It creates controversy amongst fans. For example this post. This post only helps support Jerry's potential thinking that contract negotiation updates make him money.
I’m glad you enjoy it. You willl be hearing lots more, lol.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

The messages of your threads often strike me as the absolute obvious, but unfortunately with this team, these things have to be said.

So thanks!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I beg to differ with the number of threads on the contract negotiations and the debates on whether players are worth $$ vs $$$, along with the size of the threads.

Nah fans care. YOU might not personally care, but quite a few folks can go forever discussing them.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I beg to differ with the number of threads on the contract negotiations and the debates on whether players are worth $$ vs $$$, along with the size of the threads.

Nah fans care. YOU might not personally care, but quite a few folks can go forever discussing them.
Amen WG!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

Most are discussing in the context of how it hurts or helps the salary cap, which is valid because it's part of the game. Nobody would care if that were not the case.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

No one cares, but yet they keep talking about it? And starting threads about it? Oh, brother....who are you trying to fool?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Some of you are ridiculous. Do you think Jerry is calling press conferences to announce the status of contract negotiations? He makes statements because reporters ask him about them. Don't complain about Jerry, complain about those that are asking him questions.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I care about knowing how they are going with players like Lamb who are holding out and also huge keys to this teams success. My problem is that I don't believe a word that Jerry or his dopey son say about how they are going or really about anything else either. Hearing them talk about it knowing it's BS is counterproductive

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I only care about getting Lamb signed this year and Parsons next year ........ we need to go another direction at the QB position.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I wish it was more about winning football and less about entertainment.