Notes from Skins v Ravens game

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
*final preseason game so first team offenses only stayed on for 3 series. i got to see Mcnair throw a nice td to Clayton i think it was and sean taylor was just a second late with his knock out hit....nice job holding on by clayton

*skins offense was horrible.......awful Brunell hit a few guys but i think he was around 40% on the night comp percentage. Ladell Betts had a few decent carries but simply will not be able to get it done.

*Skins Oline looked worse than ours tonight first teamers allowed 3 sacks and i think atlest 3 more were allowed by the 2nd teamers.

*Campbell looked rough but he had one good pass, and one good run for about 20 yards (2nd team defense) note: Collins looked good but that was against the scrubs of the Ravens he is ok had the skins only td on the night with 3 min left in the game.

*skins first defense gave up 7 early and their second teamers gave up two field goals to a Ravens team that somtimes looked good sometimes sloppy

*many penalties on the skins, the fans were being very sarcastic about the whole situation and i sense that alot of the young fans are acting tough and pretending that it is just preseason but the older guys the 50, 60, 70 year old die hard fans from the district were hanging their heads and when i talked to them most couldnt' believe how bad the skins looked and were amazed at the fall they had taken since last year.

we will see how they start the year but i was deffinitely not impressed.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
washington is beginning to remind me of the campo-era cowboys. offensive ineptitude backed by defensive mediocrity.

thanks for the good report.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Every time something bad happens to the washington Commanders God spares a kitten. Please save the kittens. :(

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite said:
Every time something bad happens to the washington Commanders God spares a kitten. Please save the kittens. :(

There is no god. I am the one that spares the kittens.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
washington is beginning to remind me of the campo-era cowboys. offensive ineptitude backed by defensive mediocrity.

thanks for the good report.
minus the part where campo was the coach

MossBurner

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
*final preseason game so first team offenses only stayed on for 3 series. i got to see Mcnair throw a nice td to Clayton i think it was and sean taylor was just a second late with his knock out hit....nice job holding on by clayton

*skins offense was horrible.......awful Brunell hit a few guys but i think he was around 40% on the night comp percentage. Ladell Betts had a few decent carries but simply will not be able to get it done.

*Skins Oline looked worse than ours tonight first teamers allowed 3 sacks and i think atlest 3 more were allowed by the 2nd teamers.

*Campbell looked rough but he had one good pass, and one good run for about 20 yards (2nd team defense) note: Collins looked good but that was against the scrubs of the Ravens he is ok had the skins only td on the night with 3 min left in the game.

*skins first defense gave up 7 early and their second teamers gave up two field goals to a Ravens team that somtimes looked good sometimes sloppy

*many penalties on the skins, the fans were being very sarcastic about the whole situation and i sense that alot of the young fans are acting tough and pretending that it is just preseason but the older guys the 50, 60, 70 year old die hard fans from the district were hanging their heads and when i talked to them most couldnt' believe how bad the skins looked and were amazed at the fall they had taken since last year.

That is the most incorrect game summary i have ever seen. Wow!

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
sorry i was unclear.....st was late on the coverage he seemed to be the closest guy to clayton and he did hit him. but Archuleta is the one who stuck it to clayton.

its hard to tell live and since it was a good play for the ravens the damn skins stadium people don't show replays........yet they show every completed 5 yard out by the skins.........lame.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
MossBurner said:

hahah

i was there i got the facts right your beef is with the opinions and if u want people to agree with you then you have a place for that.

show me where i am acctually wrong here i didn't see who hit clayton on his td does it matter? he held on!

tell me where you can dispute the facts not the opinions cuz i know what i heard.

1fisher

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
show me where i am acctually wrong here i didn't see who hit clayton on his td does it matter? he held on!

tell me where you can dispute the facts not the opinions cuz i know what i heard.

I hear ya J Jones...... Mossburner is accustomed to having all his cronies waving their pom pons for everything the skins do.... good or bad! They can do no wrong! They are 0-4 in the preseason BUT they WILL win the EAST and ultimately the SB...(according to them).. Don't believe me? Go visit ES.....:laugh2:

lspain1

Reaction score
1fisher said:
I hear ya J Jones...... Mossburner is accustomed to having all his cronies waving their pom pons for everything the skins do.... good or bad! They can do no wrong! They are 0-4 in the preseason BUT they WILL win the EAST and ultimately the SB...(according to them).. Don't believe me? Go visit ES.....:laugh2:

This is true...amazingly!

LINK

Gfunk

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Dallas homers aren't known for unbiased reviews my friend
lol.gif

they don't even bother to find out who was actually on the field starting

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
* but the older guys the 50, 60, 70 year old die hard fans from the district were hanging their heads and when i talked to them most couldnt' believe how bad the skins looked and were amazed at the fall they had taken since last year.
quote]

I just don't understand this way of thinking. What fall? I know all the skins fans think they were a great team last year. But they were 5-6 at one point before they beat a heavily injured Dallas team, Philly team, and the god awful cardinals to finish the season.

I say they are right where they should be. They are a 8-8 team at best. The patriots exposed that Defense last week. Lets face it, the only thing they have is the blitz. Once you figure that out, its curtains for them.

1fisher

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
Dallas homers aren't known for unbiased reviews my friend
lol.gif

they don't even bother to find out who was actually on the field starting

unbiased..... read a few more threads regarding last nights game..... yea, some of the homers think we are on the way to the SB but MOST see where we actually are.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Really... Lets see. These stats are per the Washington Post:

Washington Passing
Player Att Comp Comp % Yds TDs Ints
T Collins 22 13 59.1% 201 1 0
J Campbell 7 3 42.9% 12 0 0
M Brunell 4 2 50.0% 12 0

Washington Rushing
Player Carries Yds Avg TDs
L Betts 7 23 3.3 0
A Harris 7 22 3.1 0
N Broughton 7 21 3.0 0
T Duckett 3 18 6.0 0
J Campbell 1 18 18.0 0
R Cartwright 4 13 3.3 0
T Collins 1 3 3.0

Now for the Story from the Paper that covers your team:

A No-Win Situation
Again Inconsistent, Commanders Conclude an 0-4 Preseason

When the final minutes of their fourth and final preseason game sealed another loss as similar and complete as the previous three, the Commanders could take comfort in one major victory last night at FedEx Field: No starter was injured.

The initial value of the 17-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens that concluded the first winless preseason of a Joe Gibbs-coached team in 24 years was tangible in that Gibbs offered his strongest support yet of backup quarterback Todd Collins, who played the second half surrounded largely by third-stringers. Gibbs said he would address who would be the backup quarterback at a later date.

Playing behind a reserve offensive line that over the past month has not yet jelled, Collins completed 13 of 22 passes for 101 yards and a touchdown. Collins threw two sure touchdown passes that were dropped, the most glaring a third-quarter end zone fade route that bounced off the hands of backup running back Nehemiah Broughton.

Long the handpicked choice by associate head coach-offense Al Saunders to work with both Brunell and Campbell in grasping the offense, Collins for the first time seemed to have gained the endorsement of Gibbs, while the coach referred to Campbell as "the future."

"Some guys stood out in my mind," Gibbs said. "Todd, with a bunch of young guys in there, I thought that was stellar. After the two touchdown passes that were dropped, I walked over to him on the sideline and said to him, 'That says to me that you've got something inside you.' "

The secondary value of the game was in the questions that persisted after an 0-4 preseason. Will the consistent deficiencies -- including last night's uneven play by the first-team offense, defense and, most notably, special teams -- that have plagued the Commanders over the past month remain? Or will, as the coaches and players suspect, these problems be harmlessly left behind, as meaningless as the scores of the games.

"If it were the regular season, I'd be real concerned," linebacker Lemar Marshall said. "It's a totally different game once the regular season starts. You game plan. You don't just take one or two days to line up against someone. We don't have to live with this preseason. Right now, at the end of the day, we're 0 and 0."

For a team that has professed to place little emphasis on this preseason, the month-long dress rehearsal is over.

"I'll be happy to play a whole game, and actually get back to a normal schedule, knowing what to expect every day makes a huge difference," linebacker Marcus Washington said. "I think this whole preseason has been very deceiving. You can always get worked up about it because you always want to win, whether its Monopoly or tic-tac-toe, you want to win. But I think you can learn from it, but it is an evaluation time and you can learn from it."

The dichotomy between a new offense that has behind closed doors bolstered the optimism of the coaching staff and a Commanders team that against four opponents reached the end zone just once and struggled with penalties and inconsistency officially has been dissolved.

"We've been waiting for it, we've been anticipating it, and now it's here," defensive end Andre Carter said. "This is when the real deal starts. It's been a long time coming, and now it's here."

Each phase of special teams -- punting, kicking and coverage -- suffered significant breakdowns. The Ravens' first score was the byproduct of two crushing penalties, one on special teams, the other on defense.

As you can tell, J.Jones21 was fairly unbiased. You took offense, because this is a Dallas board and he said unkind but true words about your poor wittle team. Just curious. Why don't you write the Washington Post and say the same thing. To me, The Post and J.Jones wrote the same thing. The Skins did not look good last night.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Actually Clayton beat Carlos Rogers and Adam A. for that first touchdown. Adam A. played into the second quarter and was burned bad on a bomb that would have been an easy touchdown if Boller didn't overthrow the pass. Adam A. was sucked in and the WR had a couple of yards on the CB.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
The skins offense sucked last year, But boy did they embarras the cowboys twice....don't under estimate those pesky deadskins

MossBurner

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:

Ok, let's go one by one:

1. You said ST was late on the knockout hit. ST was on the other side of the field, nowhere near the play. AA had inside responsibility on the TE/slot and came over to help just late. McNair and Clayton had a perfectly timed post, just perfect execution and I can't get upset.

2. Brunell was 2/4 for 12 yards. Cooley dropped a 3rd and 2 pass in his chest that would have extended a promising drive. Ladell Betts played great behind a make-shift line. He carried the first team offense last night. He's more than capable as a #2/3 RB.

3. The first team OL (which lacked its two best players - Samuels & Thomas) allowed two sacks. Both of those sacks were allowed by an experimental LT (who didn't pass the test and will be cut) - Spencer Folau.

4. Campbell played great for being on the run all night. His passes were accurate. Two of his three drives were ended by soon-to-be-cut receivers drops past the first down marker. Collins played very well with the third string offense against the third string defense.

5. D played very well last night. McNair's TD drive was stopped on a missed FG. Unfortunately, the special teams had 12 on the field as someone didn't run off the field in time which allowed the drive to continue for a TD.

6. Since when is 5 penalties for 39 yards alot? If I remember correctly, 4 of the 5 were 5 yard penalties and 1 penalty was a 19 yard PI call against a third team DB.

These are the facts, not the garbage in your post!

sacase

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
1. You said ST was late on the knockout hit. ST was on the other side of the field, nowhere near the play. AA had inside responsibility on the TE/slot and came over to help just late. McNair and Clayton had a perfectly timed post, just perfect execution and I can't get upset.

Oh you mean like what happend to Roy Williams on the First Moss touchdown last year....

But wait...you guys claim Moss owns Roy so that must mean that Clayton Owns AA. :)