Nothing ever changes

coult44

Reaction score
When 98% of the people who do the NFL for a living think the Cowboys have failed miserably in building a winning team, then you have to start agreeing. I have not heard one person anywhere agree with how the Boys have approached FA, the staff, the draft, or the off season as a whole. It is completely evident that being below average and one of the worst teams in the NFL for the past TWO DECADES does not bother anyone within the organization.

Say what you want about spending too much, giving out smart contracts,not overpaying for top tier guys, etc etc etc. The bottom line is The Cowboys do not care that they are in the bottom 5 of teams in the NFL. They are completely content with being below average. This team is ran with one objective. To make money from what has become the most ignorant or most naive fan base in professional sports. And yes we are all part of that crowd. Those of us who hate it, but still partake are as much to blame as those who will defend it until their death because they are in lala land and blinded by blue and silver stars.

You can't make this stuff up. We were 4-12 last year. One winning season in 5 years, and we are waiting to sign any guy that's a little better than trash on other teams. "Just wait, they know what they are doing" is what you want me believe??? While teams like Minnesota, Cincinatti, Arizona, and Houston are making the playoffs more than the Dallas Freeking Cowboys!! Denver, Seattle, and New England build storied franchises and win Superbowls with what they do in FA. And JJ thinks he can build a team through the draft alone? Where has that gotten us? Oh yea I forgot about all those championships we've won in two decades. HAHA. We draft at best, OK, by hitting on can't miss guys and then SUCKing every where else, I guess that evens out.

Face it fellas/and Woodys girl, we are doomed. While other teams overspend on Free Agents every year like Manning, Ware, Talib, Walker, Daniels, Moore, and win superbowls in Denver, we sit patiently and wait for guys like Brandon Weeden, Jeb Collins. Andrew Gachkar, Corey White, and Jasper Brinkley. Why? Because we are patiently waiting to draft guys like Gregory, Green, Gibpson, Wilson, Russell, and the vaunted ultra talented Nzeocha. In the slim 10% chance that any of them actually end up helping us, they are all long term projects. With That kind of draft production. How many drafts do we need before we start contending?

movaughn88

Reaction score
98% of the time, you're drunk, every time.

The one-pump reactions are amazing. I'm very sure people being compensated for their efforts, who have dedicated their whole adult lives to this sport, and recently this team, don't care, but us message board guys do way more.

If Romo is ok, we are great, if not, yeah maybe doomed. That's the NFL.

waving monkey

Reaction score
When 98% of the people who do the NFL for a living think the Cowboys have failed miserably in building a winning team, then you have to start agreeing. I have not heard one person anywhere agree with how the Boys have approached FA, the staff, the draft, or the off season as a whole. It is completely evident that being below average and one of the worst teams in the NFL for the past TWO DECADES does not bother anyone within the organization.

Say what you want about spending too much, giving out smart contracts,not overpaying for top tier guys, etc etc etc. The bottom line is The Cowboys do not care that they are in the bottom 5 of teams in the NFL. They are completely content with being below average. This team is ran with one objective. To make money from what has become the most ignorant or most naive fan base in professional sports. And yes we are all part of that crowd. Those of us who hate it, but still partake are as much to blame as those who will defend it until their death because they are in lala land and blinded by blue and silver stars.

You can't make this stuff up. We were 4-12 last year. One winning season in 5 years, and we are waiting to sign any guy that's a little better than trash on other teams. "Just wait, they know what they are doing" is what you want me believe??? While teams like Minnesota, Cincinatti, Arizona, and Houston are making the playoffs more than the Dallas Freeking Cowboys!! Denver, Seattle, and New England build storied franchises and win Superbowls with what they do in FA. And JJ thinks he can build a team through the draft alone? Where has that gotten us? Oh yea I forgot about all those championships we've won in two decades. HAHA. We draft at best, OK, by hitting on can't miss guys and then SUCKing every where else, I guess that evens out.

Face it fellas/and Woodys girl, we are doomed. While other teams overspend on Free Agents every year like Manning, Ware, Talib, Walker, Daniels, Moore, and win superbowls in Denver, we sit patiently and wait for guys like Brandon Weeden, Jeb Collins. Andrew Gachkar, Corey White, and Jasper Brinkley. Why? Because we are patiently waiting to draft guys like Gregory, Green, Gibpson, Wilson, Russell, and the vaunted ultra talented Nzeocha. In the slim 10% chance that any of them actually end up helping us, they are all long term projects. With That kind of draft production. How many drafts do we need before we start contending?

bs

coult44

Reaction score
98% of the time, you're drunk, every time.

The one-pump reactions are amazing. I'm very sure people being compensated for their efforts, who have dedicated their whole adult lives to this sport, and recently this team, don't care, but us message board guys do way more.

If Romo is ok, we are great, if not, yeah maybe doomed. That's the NFL.

Your not here enough to know if I'm drunk all the time lol. You average about one message every 4-5 months .. But just so you know, I might drink 6 drinks a year.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Who did the Pats, Broncos, Seahawks, etc. sign today? When I look at the teams that were big today: I see the Eagles (0 SB ever), the Bears (have been struggling the past decade), the Texans (see how I described the Eagles), etc. I don't see the teams that have had consistent success. Maybe that's not such a coincidence.

Edit to add: As far as I can tell the Seahawks got one of their players back, the other two teams did nothing

Questfor6

Reaction score
Somebody must of got Malik Jackson and Oliver Vernon on Madden and doesn't understand it's not real...

coult44

Reaction score
Youre welcome to stop following the team. Stop being a sheep.

No thanks. I've spent wayyyyyyyy too much money and time on them. I'm one of those guys who give JJ the reason not to care if we win or lose/

movaughn88

Reaction score
Your not here enough to know if I'm drunk all the time lol. You average about one message every 4-5 months .. But just so you know, I might drink 6 drinks a year.

I average a bit more, but not as much as some! I do apologize for making that personal, that was out of bounds and to each their own on the drink front.

I do know these coaches devote night and day to this (so do other teams guys yes) but I just think the margins in this league are SO SLIM. It comes down to a lucky pick/signing or two, then it takes breaks. Read my posts and I'm a probability guy, which is nerdy but whatever haha. I'm a beane/alderson "make it into the tourney and roll the dice" guy.

I just don't believe the "we are running this thing into the ground" narrative. We were a play away from NFC champs a year ago, and last year was a cluster-chicken. We are way better than 4-12 and you know that. Go watch Romo's starts and see.

coult44

Reaction score
I average a bit more, but not as much as some! I do apologize for making that personal, that was out of bounds and to each their own on the drink front.

I do know these coaches devote night and day to this (so do other teams guys yes) but I just think the margins in this league are SO SLIM. It comes down to a lucky pick/signing or two, then it takes breaks. Read my posts and I'm a probability guy, which is nerdy but whatever haha. I'm a beane/alderson "make it into the tourney and roll the dice" guy.

I just don't believe the "we are running this thing into the ground" narrative. We were a play away from NFC champs a year ago, and last year was a cluster-chicken. We are way better than 4-12 and you know that. Go watch Romo's starts and see.

No offense taken, I laughed. I respect everyone's opinion. I hope everyone knows that. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean I don't hear you or realize that we all have different ideas.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:clap:

ICP

Reaction score
I don't know, after being a mediocre(at best with the exception of a couple good seasons) for the last 20 years(and you could actually go farther back than that because that moron Switzer won with what was left of Jimmie's team) it's hard not to agree with those that are ranting on how the Cowboys are joke. I personally have very little to no faith that the front office will ever build anything exceptional. When I used to tell people I was a Cowboy fan the would comment on how much they hated the Cowboys(because they were winners) now I get laughed at because they are a joke, basically two steps up from the Clevelands of the NFL.

endersdragon

Reaction score
I don't know, after being a mediocre(at best with the exception of a couple good seasons) for the last 20 years(and you could actually go farther back than that because that moron Switzer won with what was left of Jimmie's team) it's hard not to agree with those that are ranting on how the Cowboys are joke. I personally have very little to no faith that the front office will ever build anything exceptional. When I used to tell people I was a Cowboy fan the would comment on how much they hated the Cowboys(because they were winners) now I get laughed at because they are a joke, basically two steps up from the Clevelands of the NFL.

So your solution to the problem is to copy what the worst teams in the league consistently do? Look at the big players today and tell me, which of the teams strike you as being decent.

coult44

Reaction score
So your solution to the problem is to copy what the worst teams in the league consistently do? Look at the big players today and tell me, which of the teams strike you as being decent.

We ARE one of those "worst teams" lol. I sure don't want to copy what we do.

endersdragon

Reaction score
We ARE one of those "worst teams" lol. I sure don't want to copy what we do.

So you want to do what the Seahawks, Panthers, Broncos, and Pats all did today (mainly, nothing)?

Last edited: