Nothing ever changes

coult44

Reaction score
So you want to do what the Seahawks, Panthers, Broncos, and Pats all did today (mainly, nothing)?

No I want to do what they did the last couple of years. You know how Denver got Manning, Ware, Talib, Walker. Moore, or Daniels. Wow, all I'm one SuperBowl year. Or the Seahawks with Lynch or Bennett. Both huge FA pickups in their SB teams. We can talk all night about what the Pats do every year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So you want to do what the Seahawks, Panthers, Broncos, and Pats all did today (mainly, nothing)?

Those teams have little reason to do much in FA, they did it last year, and dallas has more needs and problem areas than those teams.
Those teams have all been to a SB recently so they are way ahead of dallas.
In fact 3 of those won the SB in the last 3 years, so they have less need to be active in the FA market.

Dallas did want murray back, but again did not want to pay for it.
They wont do anything significant in FA.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I cant believe I just wasted 5 mins of my life reading this thread. I should have just stopped before even finishing the OP :banghead:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
When 98% of the people who do the NFL for a living think the Cowboys have failed miserably in building a winning team, then you have to start agreeing. I have not heard one person anywhere agree with how the Boys have approached FA, the staff, the draft, or the off season as a whole. It is completely evident that being below average and one of the worst teams in the NFL for the past TWO DECADES does not bother anyone within the organization.

Say what you want about spending too much, giving out smart contracts,not overpaying for top tier guys, etc etc etc. The bottom line is The Cowboys do not care that they are in the bottom 5 of teams in the NFL. They are completely content with being below average. This team is ran with one objective. To make money from what has become the most ignorant or most naive fan base in professional sports. And yes we are all part of that crowd. Those of us who hate it, but still partake are as much to blame as those who will defend it until their death because they are in lala land and blinded by blue and silver stars.

You can't make this stuff up. We were 4-12 last year. One winning season in 5 years, and we are waiting to sign any guy that's a little better than trash on other teams. "Just wait, they know what they are doing" is what you want me believe??? While teams like Minnesota, Cincinatti, Arizona, and Houston are making the playoffs more than the Dallas Freeking Cowboys!! Denver, Seattle, and New England build storied franchises and win Superbowls with what they do in FA. And JJ thinks he can build a team through the draft alone? Where has that gotten us? Oh yea I forgot about all those championships we've won in two decades. HAHA. We draft at best, OK, by hitting on can't miss guys and then SUCKing every where else, I guess that evens out.

Face it fellas/and Woodys girl, we are doomed. While other teams overspend on Free Agents every year like Manning, Ware, Talib, Walker, Daniels, Moore, and win superbowls in Denver, we sit patiently and wait for guys like Brandon Weeden, Jeb Collins. Andrew Gachkar, Corey White, and Jasper Brinkley. Why? Because we are patiently waiting to draft guys like Gregory, Green, Gibpson, Wilson, Russell, and the vaunted ultra talented Nzeocha. In the slim 10% chance that any of them actually end up helping us, they are all long term projects. With That kind of draft production. How many drafts do we need before we start contending?

I suggest you become a Denver fan.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Yes I know we are better than 4-12, but not as good as 12-4 either. We are a 8-8 or 7-9 team, and that's not good enough.

How much better...Davis said it best yesterday morning even WITH the injuries with all the "talent' still left in Dallas they still should have won more that four games...I agree with that 100%..there is nothing wrong with the opinion you have and the way you presented it. Not everyone will agree but entirely sweeping it under the rug is not a very good response either imo.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nahhhh like I said, I've invested too much to not walt out the inevitable.

Does it make you feel good to do nothing but whine about the front office over and over and over and over again and again and again? Rhetorical question.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Going from 12-4 to 4-12 is a change, just saying...

coult44

Reaction score
Does it make you feel good to do nothing but whine about the front office over and over and over and over again and again and again? Rhetorical question.

Does it make you feel good to cae what I do? Or, does it make you feel good to be on this board 12 hours a day liking every post on every thread? I'm a long time fan with a lot invested in and given to the Cowboys. If I want to whine, it's as much my right as it is yours to be a clown. If you don't want to read it, ignore it. Ever heard of self control? Use it and don't read my posts.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Every offseason it's the same thing. Nothing ever really changes. Next year at this time it'll be another rerun.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Does it make you feel good to cae what I do? Or, does it make you feel good to be on this board 12 hours a day liking every post on every thread? I'm a long time fan with a lot invested in and given to the Cowboys. If I want to whine, it's as much my right as it is yours to be a clown. If you don't want to read it, ignore it. Ever heard of self control? Use it and don't read my posts.

Whine away and be miserable.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'd also like to win like they do too. Or have a competent coach like they do too. But any comparisons don't include that part.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those teams have little reason to do much in FA, they did it last year, and dallas has more needs and problem areas than those teams.
Those teams have all been to a SB recently so they are way ahead of dallas.
In fact 3 of those won the SB in the last 3 years, so they have less need to be active in the FA market.

Dallas did want murray back, but again did not want to pay for it.
They wont do anything significant in FA.

That's the part of the comparisons they can't deal with.

ICP

Reaction score
So your solution to the problem is to copy what the worst teams in the league consistently do? Look at the big players today and tell me, which of the teams strike you as being decent.

All I was pointing out is the fact that Jerruh and his perennial lousy coaching staff/front have made a joke of a once respected(and as a result hated) and feared franchise. They hit on too few draft picks and it doesn't seem to matter if they spend big in free agency or not they just don't seem to go anywhere and for many fans it's probably getting old.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

whine = critcize or complain
and I think it does make people feel good to complain, and get it out.
The thing is jerry and his boy, and JG and coaches give us plenty to complain about, and not much to praise them on.

When Jerry speaks, you just about need a code book to figure out what he is saying.
It is like thoughts are just bouncing around in his head and come out his mouth in random order.

People say he is smart cause he is a billionaire, but with the tv contracts, and the way things are set up, anyone can
make money as a owner of a NFL Team.
He also probably has a lot of actually smart people working for him that helped to make that money and Jerry
just gets all the credit for that.

The 3 8-8 years , were all years that dallas should have gone to playoffs.
the 12-4 year fizzled as soon as we got in the playoffs.
And last year showed how inept we are without Romo.
Not saying we should have been 10-6 with no tony, but 1-11 ????????? lol that is pretty inept.

They didnt want to pay the guy who led them to 12-4 season, but did pay the guy who showed up not ready to play
in 2015.
Some think that is great management some dont.

Bottom line is people come here to express their opinion, There is no right or wrong opinion, because they are all just opinions.
It isnt a Rah Rah all things Cowboys is wonderful site, that would be sort of mindless and boring.