Notre Dame vs. USC: Who wins?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone else pumped for this game tomorrow? This is probably the most exciting college football game thus far this year. Battle of the top college coaches. Weis has Notre Dame back on top, they've beat several ranked opponents, USC has had mostly a cakewalk schedule. I was even watching ESPN and they said Weis was talking smack about Carroll and how he always had his numbers in the pros. LOL

joseephuss

Reaction score
I think it will be a good game. I think ND will get a couple of bounces. Or calls. :)

Close game and I think ND wins.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
As a Buckeye...I don't like either team..But it sure would be nice to see USC get knocked down a rung or two!

jimmy40

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Anyone else pumped for this game tomorrow? This is probably the most exciting college football game thus far this year. Battle of the top college coaches. Weis has Notre Dame back on top, they've beat several ranked opponents, USC has had mostly a cakewalk schedule. I was even watching ESPN and they said Weis was talking smack about Carroll and how he always had his numbers in the pros. LOL
Who has Notre Dame beat?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Who has Notre Dame beat?

Every freaking week Notre Dame is beating a ranked opponent. They've had at least three opponents on their schedule who were ranked at the time of the game.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Normally I would root for the underdog.....but since it is Notre Dame....GOOOOOO TROJANS :laugh2:

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I think Notre Dame wins this game, but I really don't think either team could be classified as "great". Niether has an even passable defense.

USC plays a cupcake schedule and has had trouble with that and still hasn't faced a mediocre defense at best.

Notre Dame's schedule looked very impressive on paper at the start of the year. Pitt (a ranked team in the preseason) has been downright awful, losing to the likes of Ohio and Rutgers, Michigan is 3-3 and out of the top 25 for the first time in forever. Purdue's struggling in B10 play.

The two most impressive teams in the country right now are Alabama and Penn State based on who they have beaten.

jimmy40

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Every freaking week Notre Dame is beating a ranked opponent. They've had at least three opponents on their schedule who were ranked at the time of the game.
Where are they freakin ranked now?

Michigan? They're rank allright.
Who else?

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
USC on the strength of their run game. Both teams' strength is their offense, but neither team has faced world beating defenses. The best D USC has faced is ranked around 70th in points per game allowed, and the best D ND has faced is somewhere in the top 40 in PPG.

Both pass defenses are pedestrian, USC has the edge in run defense and ST. Both teams can pass the ball well, but USC has an easy edge in the run game. Bush/White>>>>>>Walker/Powers-Neal/Thomas.

USC, 41-31.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
wow, that notre dame punt returner just broke about ten million tackles on that TD

notre dame winning 21-14, i smell potential upset

kmp77

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
wow, that notre dame punt returner just broke about ten million tackles on that TD

notre dame winning 21-14, i smell potential upset

Ten million.....give or take 9,999,996 million :laugh2:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Normally I would root for the underdog.....but since it is Notre Dame....GOOOOOO TROJANS :laugh2:
Tough one, BP.

I want to see USC taken down a rung too, but not by THEM.

Can they both please lose? ;)

GREAT game, tho!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
where is ambrose wooden projected in the draft? smart corner

making all the plays for notre dame

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
What a game!

And Carroll outfoxes Weis, ha!

I disagree. Considering USC has a lot more talent then ND, I'd say Weis outfoxed Carroll. With all coaching being equal, USC blows ND out. Coaching is the only reason it was close.

Weis > Carroll. By far.