Now I really wish we had Greg Hardy on this team still

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Yea, I’ve long felt we needed a guy on defense to disrespect the coaches and not try hard in practice. Really fits with what we have going on here. If only...

I feel he was pissed because he knew we could be better just my 2 cents

Scotman

Reaction score
Not me, not one bit. Hardy did not elevate the play of those around him when he was here. He didn't make enough plays to be any kind of a headache. You have a person on the d-line RIGHT NOW that has the ability to take over a game with an unstoppable tenacity that surfaces from time to time...David Irving. And he brings nothing to the table because he isn't available

I want no part of Hardy again..

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Not me, not one bit. Hardy did not elevate the play of those around him when he was here. He didn't make enough plays to be any kind of a headache. You have a person on the d-line RIGHT NOW that has the ability to take over a game with an unstoppable tenacity that surfaces from time to time...David Irving. And he brings nothing to the table because he isn't available

I want no part of Hardy again..
What are you talking about, greg hardy joining the team allowed d law to have his best year at that time.

Scotman

Reaction score
What are you talking about, greg hardy joining the team allowed d law to have his best year at that time.

I don't give credit to Hardy for Dlaw coming into his own. Dlaw has been doing it without Hardy.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Not the best thread I guess. I was just showing guys at work his fights today and hes intensity is insane. Dudes a monster. But he blew his NFL career and that's on him.

Scotman

Reaction score
But he wasn't up to that point.

"But after the ******** story, Cowboys sources say Hardy’s mood soured. He slept through meetings and practiced in a fog, and as he went, so went his impressionable young teammates," wrote MMQB's Robert Klemko, the author of the story. He also had a visible argument with Dlaw on the sideline during a game. He didn't have a positive impact on Dlaw from any source that I've seen. After leaving the Cowboys he was arrested for cocaine

He had a total of 6 sacks and an interception for us that season. Decent. But, I just don't see it. Could he have been a beast? A difference maker? YES...no doubt. But he is just another gifted athlete who didn't do everything he could to maximize his own talents on the field.

jaybird

Reaction score
I really wish we had Greg hardy on this team still. Hes nastiness would be perfect with this bada** defense and he really wouldnt have costed much! The UFC just signed him though but I know he'd rather be with us right now. That's that 90s type of player we used to love!

Lol I not I'm sorry mods.
The mods should ban you from posting for 1 week. The last thing this team needs is Hardy anywhere near the facility.

I lost a lot of respect for Garret and the FO for playing him every week in spite of consistently being late and distributive for team meetings. I’m just now learning to trust Garret again.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Hardy got that mad at ST coach what would he do to our great OC? Hardy would probably choke out Scott live on TV. I can see him now running up to the coaching booth and grabbing Scott after the offense got into the red zone but couldn’t score a TD.

Haha! That would be worth the price of admission. Brilliant post.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I don't think inserting a volatile player, marching to his own drumbeat, is adding any value to a unit that is playing well together and near dominant.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
"But after the ******** story, Cowboys sources say Hardy’s mood soured. He slept through meetings and practiced in a fog, and as he went, so went his impressionable young teammates," wrote MMQB's Robert Klemko, the author of the story. He also had a visible argument with Dlaw on the sideline during a game. He didn't have a positive impact on Dlaw from any source that I've seen. After leaving the Cowboys he was arrested for cocaine

He had a total of 6 sacks and an interception for us that season. Decent. But, I just don't see it. Could he have been a beast? A difference maker? YES...no doubt. But he is just another gifted athlete who didn't do everything he could to maximize his own talents on the field.
And D law had zero sacks in 14. 8 sacks in 15 with greg hardy being there. 1 sack in 2016 when hardy left. Hardy was double teamed every play which opened up opportunities for Dlaw.

Scotman

Reaction score
And D law had zero sacks in 14. 8 sacks in 15 with greg hardy being there. 1 sack in 2016 when hardy left. Hardy was double teamed every play which opened up opportunities for Dlaw.

2016? He had back surgery in January and, even though he was suspended the first 4 games, wasn't really healthy by game 5. He was reinjured and sat out after game 14 with another back injury. I'm not sure Greg Hardy would have made a big difference in his production. In 2017, without Hardy, Dlaw was very good.

I get what you're saying. A real stud opposite Dlaw would always help. Hardy absolutely has the physical talent. For me, Hardy wasn't worth the extra baggage.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't give credit to Hardy for Dlaw coming into his own. Dlaw has been doing it without Hardy.
But he wasn't up to that point.
Im not a Hardy supporter (off the field), but Hardy was absolutely responsible for DLaw's 2015 season. Hardy's presence on the line allowed DLaw to rush almost exclusively from a 9 gap, where he was able to feast on TE's.

After looking at Dlaw's tape that year, there were alot of people questioning whether could be the same rusher going in to 2016. From 2015 to his real break out last season, his game developed significantly. 2015 he was very much a byproduct of Hardy