Now I'm having nightmares

DFWJC

Reaction score
All this crap going on has now affected my sleep. I had a nightmare about the Cowboys last night. First game of the season – against the Falcons. I could not get the game at home and ended up watching it in a Walmart garage. Dak got hurt first thing, so they put Weeden in. On his first possession, they were backed up on the goal line and Weeden stupidly held onto the ball too long and took a safety. Next possession, same thing. He ran around forever in the endzone and this time stepped out of the back of it for a safety. Our offense ended up only scoring 12 points to the Falcons' 45.

Stupid dream, I know, but whatever happens in our opener, I'd bet it won't be as bad as my nightmare last night.
:lmao:
Awesome

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Last year was one of the very few and it was the night before the draft and I dreamed we took Zeke with our #4 overall pick. Which was not much of a shocker since most figured we were taking him.

I don't think most thought we were going to take Zeke. Cowboys did a great job of keeping that quiet. I thought we were going to take Jalen with an outside chance we would take Zeke. I BADLY wanted them to take Zeke though.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
All this crap going on has now affected my sleep. I had a nightmare about the Cowboys last night. First game of the season – against the Falcons. I could not get the game at home and ended up watching it in a Walmart garage. Dak got hurt first thing, so they put Weeden in. On his first possession, they were backed up on the goal line and Weeden stupidly held onto the ball too long and took a safety. Next possession, same thing. He ran around forever in the endzone and this time stepped out of the back of it for a safety. Our offense ended up only scoring 12 points to the Falcons' 45.

Stupid dream, I know, but whatever happens in our opener, I'd bet it won't be as bad as my nightmare last night.

I have silly dreams like that. Two years ago, I had a dream that the Cowboys played the ... Cleveland Browns in the Super Bowl. Really, stupid dream. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't think most thought we were going to take Zeke. Cowboys did a great job of keeping that quiet. I thought we were going to take Jalen with an outside chance we would take Zeke. I BADLY wanted them to take Zeke though.

Wow! That was the worst-kept secret how badly the Cowboys wanted Zeke. Ramsey was a smoke screen.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
LOL. You know a QB is bad when he shows up in your nightmares.
I had nightmares of Babe Laufenberg for two years after 1990.

That was a boner by everybody's favorite coaching deity Jimmy Johnson. Trade Steve Walsh to New Orleans in the third week of the regular season. Aikman gets hurt. Dallas needs to beat crappy Atlanta to make the playoffs. Laufenberg plays. New Orleans (at 8-8) gets the last playoff berth with Walsh as QB.

Not that Walsh was particularly good. But he would have beaten Atlanta.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Weeden???

Nice Big Bang reference.

I do actually go through the team in my mind position by position breakdown to put myself to sleep sometimes, kinda like counting sheep.....weird I know.

By the time I get to RT or the defense, I'm sleep.

T-RO

Reaction score
\Our offense ended up only scoring 12 points to the Falcons' 45....Stupid dream, I know, but whatever happens in our opener, I'd bet it won't be as bad as my nightmare last night.

You can remember a football score from a dream? You must have some amazing dreams.

I can remember scoring from my dreams, but...it's a different type.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

It's called anticipated separation syndrome. You are afraid of Romo (the adult) going and the caretaker (Dak) not being dependable.
With therapy you will see Dak is young, strong and mentally sharper and Tony as a wayward n'erdowell who will leave for a floozie down the road. Very common in juvenile population swatches in the U.S. and parts of eurasia and eastern Europe with large populations of gypsies.

fishspill

Reaction score
I'm not advocating believing your fever dreams, but I'd still advise anyone to set expectations low for this year.

But 13-3! And young!

Yeah, well we got lucky with injuries (which didn't seem possible when Romo went down). We got lucky with a schedule that ended up softer than it looked (that said, I don't have a counterargument for beating the most winning teams). We lost a number of vets playing harder than usual due to contract year in the secondary (it seems better to spread it out among position groups and not have them all come from one).

That's my moron analysis. I'm counting on the rest of you to talk me up about this season.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I was going to say melatonin and alcohol, but then the QB would have been a composite of Jerry, Troy, and Rowdy.

Anything over .5 mg of that stuff and I'll have some seriously funky dreams even without booze.
Melatonin and booze works..l take 1-2 mg with plenty of booze. Sleep great...but can't remember my name in the morning!!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Melatonin and booze works..l take 1-2 mg with plenty of booze. Sleep great...but can't remember my name in the morning!!
For me it's 2mg of Klonopin and, Boxer, if I'm having a real bad night, about 15-25 mg of seroquel. :)

Seroquel is a Mike Tyson punch, but kinda like NyQuil, too much residuals the next day. VA gives em to me like candy, tho...

haleyrules

Reaction score
For me it's 2mg of Klonopin and, Boxer, if I'm having a real bad night, about 15-25 mg of seroquel. :)

Seroquel is a Mike Tyson punch, but kinda like NyQuil, too much residuals the next day. VA gives em to me like candy, tho...
God bless the VA. Most people don't undersand pain!