Now I'm having nightmares

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I had nightmares of Babe Laufenberg for two years after 1990.

That was a boner by everybody's favorite coaching deity Jimmy Johnson. Trade Steve Walsh to New Orleans in the third week of the regular season. Aikman gets hurt. Dallas needs to beat crappy Atlanta to make the playoffs. Laufenberg plays. New Orleans (at 8-8) gets the last playoff berth with Walsh as QB.

Not that Walsh was particularly good. But he would have beaten Atlanta.

I remember that. Laufenberg was one of the worst QBs to ever put on a Cowboys uniform. You're right that Walsh wasn't great, but he was way better than Laufenberg. We at least would have had a chance to win with him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All this crap going on has now affected my sleep. I had a nightmare about the Cowboys last night. First game of the season – against the Falcons. I could not get the game at home and ended up watching it in a Walmart garage. Dak got hurt first thing, so they put Weeden in. On his first possession, they were backed up on the goal line and Weeden stupidly held onto the ball too long and took a safety. Next possession, same thing. He ran around forever in the endzone and this time stepped out of the back of it for a safety. Our offense ended up only scoring 12 points to the Falcons' 45.

Stupid dream, I know, but whatever happens in our opener, I'd bet it won't be as bad as my nightmare last night.

Yeah I hate it when a dream starts off awesome and then falls apart like that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have night terrors of the men under my command coming under fire and dying. I've had the same reoccurring visions visit me in my sleep for over a decade and no matter the therapy and meds they give me, I can not prevent them from coming back. Your "nightmares" would be a welcomed blessing in my life.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I have night terrors of the men under my command coming under fire and dying. I've had the same reoccurring visions visit me in my sleep for over a decade and no matter the therapy and meds they give me, I can not prevent them from coming back. Your "nightmares" would be a welcomed blessing in my life.
Sorry to hear that, brother.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Wow, man. I'm really sorry to hear you have to live with this. I hope some kind of different therapy maybe can help you to overcome this. If I could replace your nightmares with ones like mine that you can laugh off, I would do it in a heartbeat. Thanks for serving the country, and sorry you're suffering because of it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Wow, man. I'm really sorry to hear you have to live with this. I hope some kind of different therapy maybe can help you to overcome this. If I could replaced your nightmares with ones like mine that you can laugh off, I would do it in a heartbeat. Thanks for serving the country, and sorry you're suffering because of it.
Thanks.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
i never dreamed a football game lol , kinda hard to believe anyone would.:huh:

Rockdoc

Reaction score
heard they are treating with ecstasy. i cant remember which VA
good luck bro.
thanks for your service

tcain2004

Reaction score
Magnesium gives you reallly vivid dreams. Don't reccomend it for people with consistent nightmares. I usually don't have full on nightmares but enough to wake me up with anxiety. Most of the time the dreams are just weird and interesting. Recently I've actually been going to Cowboys games but they are held in really weird places not anything like stadiums and I usually can't find where to get into the game. I guess we are all weird.

rynochop

Reaction score
I never thought Weeden would take over for Romo. Get out of here with that. I'm tired of hearing Romo's name to be honest. Ready for him to be off this team so we can move on. 2 wild card playoff wins is all the could lead his team too. Pathetic.
You still were giddy as a schoolgirl at Weeden starting over romo....and yes you thought his approach against the skins vaunted blitz would propel us in the playoffs. I won't pull up those same posts

benson

Reaction score
I never thought Weeden would take over for Romo. Get out of here with that. I'm tired of hearing Romo's name to be honest. Ready for him to be off this team so we can move on. 2 wild card playoff wins is all the could lead his team too. Pathetic.

The fact that you don't know the correct spelling of the word "to" lets most know where your general knowledge base stands.

jday

Reaction score
All this crap going on has now affected my sleep. I had a nightmare about the Cowboys last night. First game of the season – against the Falcons. I could not get the game at home and ended up watching it in a Walmart garage. Dak got hurt first thing, so they put Weeden in. On his first possession, they were backed up on the goal line and Weeden stupidly held onto the ball too long and took a safety. Next possession, same thing. He ran around forever in the endzone and this time stepped out of the back of it for a safety. Our offense ended up only scoring 12 points to the Falcons' 45.

Stupid dream, I know, but whatever happens in our opener, I'd bet it won't be as bad as my nightmare last night.
You will be happy to know there is place online where you can find the meaning of your dreams; I took the liberty to look it up for you. It says you need to get your priorities in order...The one caveat being that Jerry Jones signature is on your paycheck.

jday

Reaction score
I wake up in the middle of the night having conversations with myself or having fits of laughter. I will say...I gotta remember that dream as it was really funny and I want to tell someone. Only trouble is sometimes I just don't remember it later or other times it just makes no sense when you do remember it so it is not as funny.
But there are those times when I do remember and they are some crazy dreams.

I blame the meds I take at night....for most of it.

However I rarely ever dream of the Cowboys.

Last year was one of the very few and it was the night before the draft and I dreamed we took Zeke with our #4 overall pick. Which was not much of a shocker since most figured we were taking him.
I'm not sure "most" thought we would take him. I got killed for suggesting it in the months leading up to the draft.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure "most" thought we would take him. I got killed for suggesting it in the months leading up to the draft.

The week of the draft it was starting to turn from Jalen to Zeke.

The night before the draft and the day of the draft most were saying (rumors from various reporters) that they had made the decision to go with Zeke.