Now Norm likes Pacman/Ticket on OLine - 8/12/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Now Norm likes Pacman, lol.
-------------------------------------------
Ticket guys talks O-Line changes over the years

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Norm. I love it that Pacman took responsibility for playing poorly the other night. That shows us that he doesn't buy into the hype and that he knows more hard work is the only thing that will get back to playing at an elite level.

The O-Line never gets enough credit because they aren't the skill players. But the Cowboys are very lucky to have one of the best units in the NFL a this point.

Kudos to the Line for playing well and kudos to Jerry and Stephen for putting this group together.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2189653 said:
Now Norm likes Pacman, lol.
-------------------------------------------
Ticket guys talks O-Line changes over the years

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Norm. I love it that Pacman took responsibility for playing poorly the other night. That shows us that he doesn't buy into the hype and that he knows more hard work is the only thing that will get back to playing at an elite level.

wonder why people dont say the same about Bennett, when he came out and did the same thing

David

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2189799 said:
wonder why people dont say the same about Bennett, when he came out and did the same thing

David

bennetts hearts being questioned.... then bennett shows up late the next day to practice....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2189803 said:
bennetts hearts being questioned.... then bennett shows up late the next day to practice....

do you know why he was late?

since nobody knows other than Bennett and the Cowboy people, I would think everyone should give him the benefit of the doubt for now...instead we have post after post of people doing what they always do here

David

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2189811 said:
do you know why he was late?

since nobody knows other than Bennett and the Cowboy people, I would think everyone should give him the benefit of the doubt for now...instead we have post after post of people doing what they always do here

David

No, I don't know why nor do I guy why. I think he lost the benefit of the doubt at least to me.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Give the guy a break. It was one preseason game. He's been practicing against one freakin' receiver. Adam knows he's got to improve and he knows what happens if he doesn't.

By the way, Adam, I already have "permission". But you get slack because you're a Cowboy and we're pulling for you.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Good question Dbair

Bennett is a rookie, who could have used many excuses why he didn't play good, but yet when Pacman, a 3 (?) year vet comes out and says the same thing he's commended

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2189812 said:
I think he lost the benefit of the doubt at least to me.

Oh noes not that. He was excused for two practices but Burger King and Engel said he had bad body language.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2189799 said:

David

Maybe because he mopes around at practice, has never done it on the NFL level and because he's not nearly as important to the success of the 2008 Dallas Cowboys.

aggiecurt05

Reaction score
dbair1967;2189799 said:

David

this board's response to Bennett is bordering on sheer lunacy.

the greatest part of this is going to be when they eat crow after he develops into a top flight TE. Book it.

gbrittain

Reaction score
dbair1967;2189799 said:

David

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I was very glad to hear Bennett come out and admit he played poorly and will have to do better.

However, it does concern me to hear a lot of things that I have heard about him.

Does it mean all the information being relayed is accurate? Of course not.

I liked what I "heard" about Amendola and did not like what I "heard" about Bennett.

Ultimately, what I heard means nothing and how they perform on the field will ultimately dictate everything.

Knowing that I probably only have part of the story, I am making no judgements on Bennett at this time.

In addition to only knowing part of the story, he is a rookie and just like the people making a big deal of Amendola funbling in a preseason game, it would be beyond idiotic of me to judge Bennett so soon.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I still dont understand why Norm is so hung up on Pac getting beat on pass play. It's gonna happen. He did not get beat by 5 yds like he claims. When Chambers caught the ball Pac immediately tackled him. Pac bit on Chambers outside move before he went inside. He recovered and made the tackle.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
I dont get it, people complain about rookies the same way the complain about vets, roy this roy that, bennet here bennet there...
Is like they want a 52 roster of superstars playing, this is not Real Madrid from a few years back.

:bang2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
The problem with Bennett is what we are hearing from just about everyone who is watching the practices is the same thing that was said about him in college. This is not a new concern about Bennett; its a continuation of a concern long known.

The Polyanna's here are frankly the ones that need to show proof that he HAS changed and DOES get it. Outside of his admission after the game, there is little evidence he has.

Mash

Reaction score
We all know Bennett has some issues.....and will hopefully mature this season...

But because media regurgitates what some have said doesnt mean its all doom and gloom.

We heard the same thing about Owens and Parcells.....we heard about Owens and all his drops...etc.

Bennett has to grow up.......we all know that.....but can we please give him a little time? maybe a year or so....

btw....Jerry picked the best player available....his scouts had him rated that way...I heard what our scouts said about having to put a foot on his neck but I didnt hear the scout tell Jerry not to draft him.....

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
dbair1967;2189799 said:

David

You didn't get the memo, he was a jerk in high school and he has bad body language. :rolleyes:

djmajestik

Reaction score
aggiecurt05;2190004 said:
this board's response to Bennett is bordering on sheer lunacy.

the greatest part of this is going to be when they eat crow after he develops into a top flight TE. Book it.

Isn't this the same sheer lunacy that the Bennett is a bust camp has??? I mean, come on, the guy is a NEWB in the NFL. Restraining judgment may be the best call, but there are indicators pointing us towards the fact that he may never be elite. The fact that he "appears" to have a bad attitude. I don't care who you are, if you are new in something and trying to learn, you soak up EVERY ounce of teaching and mentoring you can get. Being late for practice is the same as being late for work, it doesn't matter to your peers so much that you got behind a school bus every day this week, but it DOES appear that you are late all the time.

Just saying, if he wants to improve and have the perception that he is trying to improve, than he needs to do more than what is being shown to the press and to the fans.

But my guess is he just doesn't care.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
It is surprising (and disappointing) just how little some of the Ticket guys (esp. Dan) know about the OL.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He played at a college where he admitted he had, what, 5 plays to learn. He was treated like a King from what it sounds like and it seems to have come easy for him for some time.

Now, he is in the NFL, the play book takes all his free time, and it is a huge adjustment for him. I am not sure what you guys expected him to be, but it is obvious he has a ways to go on the maturity side. I think we have the leaders on offense to set this guy on the straight and narrow> if you can't look at Witten and learn from his example, there is just no hope for you anyway.

Maybe he has the desire, maybe he does not, hard to tell yet. Maybe he is still in the mindset that this is all going to be easy, I don't know but a lot of you guys are really not willing to give him any slack because of something that Jerry & Co did that you don't like and that is not fair to the kid!

I did not care for the trade and the subsequent move to replace the player lost but that is not the players fault. I am going to be his biggest fan until he proves that he was a mistake because he is a Cowboy with huge upside!