Now Norm likes Pacman/Ticket on OLine - 8/12/08

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am gonna be one of those crazy guys who hopes all our players do well.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2189812 said:
No, I don't know why nor do I guy why. I think he lost the benefit of the doubt at least to me.

i'd better send him a sympathy card. he's gonna be reeling after this.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Mash;2190140 said:
We all know Bennett has some issues.....and will hopefully mature this season...

But because media regurgitates what some have said doesnt mean its all doom and gloom.

We heard the same thing about Owens and Parcells.....we heard about Owens and all his drops...etc.

Bennett has to grow up.......we all know that.....but can we please give him a little time? maybe a year or so....

btw....Jerry picked the best player available....his scouts had him rated that way...I heard what our scouts said about having to put a foot on his neck but I didnt hear the scout tell Jerry not to draft him.....

the IGS refuses to give anyone time. they merely react to today as if today is all there is.

till tomorrow. then they do it again.

burmafrd

Reaction score
The NFL is a hard game to play and do well in. You have to be able to put 100% into it all the time during the season. If you are not you will fail. Bennett has yet to show that he realizes that. He has yet to show that he is trying to get with the program. The Polyanna's are the ones that have to show evidence that he is getting it- and so far there is very little of that.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
burmafrd;2190272 said:
The NFL is a hard game to play and do well in. You have to be able to put 100% into it all the time during the season. If you are not you will fail. Bennett has yet to show that he realizes that. He has yet to show that he is trying to get with the program. The Polyanna's are the ones that have to show evidence that he is getting it- and so far there is very little of that.

and we know this after 1 preseason game and him jogging onto the field.

many people would call that inconclusive and give the guy time.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
burmafrd;2190272 said:

You also forgot one important ingredient besides giving the mystical 100%, talent.

If a kid has talent he has a chance to be successful in the NFL, the last I checked he ain't no Amendola but the kid has talent.

Time will tell whether he matures or not, I'm betting he will adding another stud TE to our roster. I'm just wondering why many here are begrudging him using everything from his high school presser to the way he takes a knee in practice.:rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
adbutcher;2190293 said:
You also forgot one important ingredient besides giving the mystical 100%, talent.

If a kid has talent he has a chance to be successful in the NFL, the last I checked he ain't no Amendola but the kid has talent.

Time will tell whether he matures or not, I'm betting he will adding another stud TE to our roster. I'm just wondering why many here are begrudging him using everything from his high school presser to the way he takes a knee in practice.:rolleyes:

they see. they judge. they end the story with their own ending.

it's more fun than actually watching what happens.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
iceberg;2190296 said:
they see. they judge. they end the story with their own ending.

it's more fun than actually watching what happens.

Ain't it typical.

I am just glad that they are seldom correct. :D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ZeroClub;2190216 said:
It is surprising (and disappointing) just how little some of the Ticket guys (esp. Dan) know about the OL.
I would say that's typical of the Ticket crew, but the defenders would jump me with knives, pitchforks, and Arbitron data...

So I won't say it. :)

aikemirv

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2189949 said:
Maybe because he mopes around at practice, has never done it on the NFL level and because he's not nearly as important to the success of the 2008 Dallas Cowboys.

It is possible that Jenkins could be starting before Pacman!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2190314 said:
I would say that's typical of the Ticket crew, but the defenders would jump me with knives, pitchforks, and Arbitron data...

So I won't say it. :)

too late man! i heard you!

read you?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2189949 said:
Maybe because he mopes around at practice, has never done it on the NFL level and because he's not nearly as important to the success of the 2008 Dallas Cowboys.

Mopes around at practice? Why? Because he "jogged slowly" out to the practice field? Gimme a break. What is he supposed to do, do a full out 100M dash to the huddle?! :rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ajk23az;2190587 said:
Mopes around at practice? Why? Because he "jogged slowly" out to the practice field? Gimme a break. What is he supposed to do, do a full out 100M dash to the huddle?! :rolleyes:

ya mope once you're a moper for life.

some people just can't get over things.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
aggiecurt05;2190004 said:
this board's response to Bennett is bordering on sheer lunacy.

the greatest part of this is going to be when they eat crow after he develops into a top flight TE. Book it.

Did you hear the one about the Aggie who went to the NFL and thought he could miss practice, be late to practice, exhibited negative body language and couldn't wait to see his dogs and house?