Now talking with Josh Freeman ***CONFIRMED NOT TRUE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im pretty sure Weeden sucks as well. He won in Houston behind a dominant defense. Our staff didnt do him any favors but Weeden has plenty of suckage of his own.

He's not that great but my gosh you can't let the other team know what we're doing series after series.

Weeden, and not other backup, stands a chance when you're just insanely predictable.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
McCown for cheap or just roll with Dak / Showers

none of the available FA QBs will be any better than the young guys at holding the fort down for a returning Romo or lead the team to a ship if Romo goes out for the season

fifaguy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Is Paxton Lynch the QB who has never taken a snap from center(?), never been in a huddle(?), one-read QB running the spread(?) I can't remember that is him. We will soon find out about him and just how soon he can be NFL-ready. Or if he isn't even able to beat out Sanchez and Trevor Sieman.
Most QB's coming out of college nowadays never take snaps from under center. That is the move overrated thing ever. The number of programs running a pro-style offense can probably be counted on one hand. Gotta come better than that. He'd be a better option at QB2 than what we have. Would you'd rather have Lynch or Prescott?

CWR

Reaction score
He's not that great but my gosh you can't let the other team know what we're doing series after series.

Weeden, and not other backup, stands a chance when you're just insanely predictable.

Yes, see Dallas VS Atlanta - 1st half VS "oh so this play again,cool." The second half of that game still makes me nauseous.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Most QB's coming out of college nowadays never take snaps from under center. That is the move overrated thing ever. The number of programs running a pro-style offense can probably be counted on one hand. Gotta come better than that. He'd be a better option at QB2 than what we have. Would you'd rather have Lynch or Prescott?

Romo didn't look great his 1st 2 years. As for who I want now, I don't know.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Lynch or Prescott? No one knows at this stage who will be better. It remains to be seen. My guess is that Prescott is a little more game-ready than Lynch is today. Right now, Prescott is a better scrambler and a better leader from the opinions I have read. Lynch has more potential. I don't think any of this year's drafted QBs will be NFL-ready until next year at the earliest including Goff and Wentz.

I would't just ignore the lack of experience from taking snaps under center. Timing is different, angles are slightly different, windows are slightly different and the QB doesn't have as much time to deal with blitzers hitting the gaps. In the shotgun, you have a little more time for everything.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'd rather see what Dak can do. Either way, the season's probably over if Romo goes down anyway. Might as well get Dak some reps and get a high draft pick.

Me too, let's see what the kid can do.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Hopefully, this is a joke. Dak-attack and Brown-Showers at least deserve the opportunity to bomb pretty bad before they are relegated behind a scrub like Freeman. Freeman makes Jason Campbell out to be a mobile Dan Marino.

Status
Not open for further replies.