Twitter: Now the No. 1 wideout, CeeDee ready to be 'that guy' for the Cowboys

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m of the belief that having a so-called “#1 receiver” is overrated. What is most important is having an overall effective receiving group that can all function and complement each other as a group by putting pressure on the defense in different ways.

IMO. there are really only about 8-10 “elite” receivers that have proven to be a top shelf NFL talent that defenses can’t seem to cover one on one. Cooper Kupp, Devonte Adams (may be slightly overrated because of Rodgers), Deandre Hopkins, Justin Jefferson, Stefan Diggs, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel ( had the most YAC yds in the league last yr), Ja’Marr Chase, maybe a couple more.

IMO, Lamb isn’t among these guys yet. Maybe in his third year he improves his production while getting rid of the drops. Lamb should be getting the ball a lot more. He’s not a speed burner, but he is great in YAC and ability to elude the first defender.

The best hope for this Dallas WR group IMO is to see them mesh well together as a unit. Lamb should get more targets, Gallup when he returns can be a deep threat, Washington could be a good possession receiver along with Schultz, and hopefully Tolbert can contribute as a rookie too.

Bottom line- I don’t expect Cedee Lamb to become a top 10 receiver like a lot of the guys I listed earlier. He’s certainly going to be the best receiver we have this year. But my hope is more on this unit as a whole being collectively effective.

conner01

Reaction score
I’m of the belief that having a so-called “#1 receiver” is overrated. What is most important is having an overall effective receiving group that can all function and complement each other as a group by putting pressure on the defense in different ways.

IMO. there are really only about 8-10 “elite” receivers that have proven to be a top shelf NFL talent that defenses can’t seem to cover one on one. Cooper Kupp, Devonte Adams (may be slightly overrated because of Rodgers), Deandre Hopkins, Justin Jefferson, Stefan Diggs, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel ( had the most YAC yds in the league last yr), Ja’Marr Chase, maybe a couple more.

IMO, Lamb isn’t among these guys yet. Maybe in his third year he improves his production while getting rid of the drops. Lamb should be getting the ball a lot more. He’s not a speed burner, but he is great in YAC and ability to elude the first defender.

The best hope for this Dallas WR group IMO is to see them mesh well together as a unit. Lamb should get more targets, Gallup when he returns can be a deep threat, Washington could be a good possession receiver along with Schultz, and hopefully Tolbert can contribute as a rookie too.

Bottom line- I don’t expect Cedee Lamb to become a top 10 receiver like a lot of the guys I listed earlier. He’s certainly going to be the best receiver we have this year. But my hope is more on this unit as a whole being collectively effective.
o tend to agree on number 1 receiver somewhat
I think having a guy who can force a team to double him helps the other receivers greatly
But you need 4 Quality WR in todays game

RoboQB

Reaction score
You guys didn't hear?
We're cycling back to "we don't really need a #1 WR in this offense".

The top guy in this offense is whomever is no more than 8 yards away and directly
in Dak's line of sight.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
He has some tools to the plus side.

Still "young".

Need to focus and act right if he wants to be called No.1.

It's his mental attitude that questions me,

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CeeDee has the double whammy of now being "No. 1" and attracting more double teams and having to be our long-range reveiver.

I hope Schultz and Gallup can take a it of the pressure off.
Blimey, but if Moore has our No. 1 catching dinky 10-yarders from Dak (the ball behind him and at the shoelaces) then Lamb will be shut down.

Let Lamb be our vertical attack chap.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The we are set
We have one of the most accurate QB’s in the league who was 4th in comp pct
Say whatever you want about Dak's stats. Hitting his receivers in stride, so they don't have to slow down, speed up, stop, turn around, or jump to catch the ball isn't his forte.