Twitter: Now the No. 1 wideout, CeeDee ready to be 'that guy' for the Cowboys

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just needs to be more consistent catching the football.
I believe in a thread earlier this year, someone stated that Cee Dee only had 4 drops last season. I know, it seems like more to me too. Maybe it was the timing of the drops, or the fact that they should have been easy catches that makes it seem like there were more...or maybe it's just that everyone was dropping passes, and we're transferring more blame than we should?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I believe in a thread earlier this year, someone stated that Cee Dee only had 4 drops last season. I know, it seems like more to me too. Maybe it was the timing of the drops, or the fact that they should have been easy catches that makes it seem like there were more...or maybe it's just that everyone was dropping passes, and we're transferring more blame than we should?
I don' know the criteria for a drop, but he seemed to drop a few.

conner01

Reaction score
Say whatever you want about Dak's stats. Hitting his receivers in stride, so they don't have to slow down, speed up, stop, turn around, or jump to catch the ball isn't his forte.
You don’t finish 4th in the league if you are not accurate

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don’t finish 4th in the league if you are not accurate
Was he fourth in the league regarding yards after catch? That would be the most telling stat, regarding his ability to hit the receiver in stride, I think.

conner01

Reaction score
Was he fourth in the league regarding yards after catch? That would be the most telling stat, regarding his ability to hit the receiver in stride, I think.
We don’t run very many crossing routes with WR’s
YAC has a whole lot to do with the receivers ability but getting a guy the ball in space gives him a chance to use that ability
8th in the league in YAC
Jimmy G led the league in YAC per completion
They run a ton of plays just to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers because Jimmy G isn’t the best QB in the league for sure
The plays have a whole lot to do with YAC as well as the guy being a goid runner with the ball in his hand
Lamb could be really good will the ball in his hand with his return ability
Pollard is another guy we need to find ways to get the ball in his hands and let him make a play

Last edited:

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
you must be watching another team. Lamb was the #1 target, caught the most balls and for the most yards. He also led the team in yac.

lamb has already stepped up and will continue to do so. Clearly you lack the ability to see great talent or understand what you see with your eyes. Enjoy!!!:thumbup:
If you actually watched football instead of living through onine stats you would have realized that Amari played hurt last year, ...for whatever the reason was last year his role diminished (this is well documented, and a sign he was gone). To throw a stat at you, Amari caught more td's than Lamb did....as for targets Lamb had 16 more which averages 1 whole target a game. Hardly something to argue about. To take this further, I am glad Coop is gone, and last year was his off again season, and 2022 will be his on again. I am tired of him, and ready for Lamb to take over but he has yet to show he is ready to do so and now that he will be WR1 will receive full attention from opposing D. Big season for the kid

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say whatever you want about Dak's stats. Hitting his receivers in stride, so they don't have to slow down, speed up, stop, turn around, or jump to catch the ball isn't his forte.
If anyone wants you to provide evidence of this....tell them to rewatch 2021 Bucs versus Cowboys. Watch the way Brady's receivers get the ball and watch the way Dak's do. I think Dak had a decent overall game....so I am not saying it sucked for him. Also not saying 30 other QB's wouldn't look bad either.

It's just a simple comparison in the way the ball gets delivered. It's an "eye test" that stats don't really see.

Now before anyone wads their panties...yes...I did specifically choose the GOAT. It makes it more obvious for the impaired to understand.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you actually watched football instead of living through onine stats you would have realized that Amari played hurt last year, ...for whatever the reason was last year his role diminished (this is well documented, and a sign he was gone). To throw a stat at you, Amari caught more td's than Lamb did....as for targets Lamb had 16 more which averages 1 whole target a game. Hardly something to argue about. To take this further, I am glad Coop is gone, and last year was his off again season, and 2022 will be his on again. I am tired of him, and ready for Lamb to take over but he has yet to show he is ready to do so and now that he will be WR1 will receive full attention from opposing D. Big season for the kid

Watch every game and every throw buddy. Cooper gets hurt every year. If he isnt missing games he is nicked up. Part of why he isnt here anymore.

Lamb was the #1 in 3 out of 4 categories. Thats just the facts. Heck, Shultz was #2 in 3 categories. Cooper was the 3rd passing weapon on our team last year. These are the facts.

Yah, it will be a big season for the kid and critics like you that cant see his talent will be proven wrong.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Watch every game and every throw buddy. Cooper gets hurt every year. If he isnt missing games he is nicked up. Part of why he isnt here anymore.

Lamb was the #1 in 3 out of 4 categories. Thats just the facts. Heck, Shultz was #2 in 3 categories. Cooper was the 3rd passing weapon on our team last year. These are the facts.

Yah, it will be a big season for the kid and critics like you that cant see his talent will be proven wrong.
not really a critic, but critical drops and rookie mistakes have defined him so far. I do very much think that with Cooper out of the way he will step up and prove to be a WR1 that we need him to. Fact is, until Gallup comes back he will see double teams up and down the field. Oh, we also have a QB problem on our hands as well, so we have to hope Dak gets back to being Dak

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
not really a critic, but critical drops and rookie mistakes have defined him so far. I do very much think that with Cooper out of the way he will step up and prove to be a WR1 that we need him to. Fact is, until Gallup comes back he will see double teams up and down the field. Oh, we also have a QB problem on our hands as well, so we have to hope Dak gets back to being Dak
Yah let’s just move on. Not interested.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb was a YAC guy at OU, partly because the secondaries in college are not like the ones in the pros but he was a tackle breaking fool. The other reason for that was the patterns were designed to use his skills in breaking tackles and give him a chance.

The reason Samuels has that rep in the pros is because the play designed and called is designed to take advantage of his skills.

Great OC's find ways to get their playmakers making plays.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Lamb was a YAC guy at OU, partly because the secondaries in college are not like the ones in the pros but he was a tackle breaking fool. The other reason for that was the patterns were designed to use his skills in breaking tackles and give him a chance.

The reason Samuels has that rep in the pros is because the play designed and called is designed to take advantage of his skills.

Great OC's find ways to get their playmakers making plays.
are you suggesting Big D has a coaching problem the last 26.5 years? lol....that was the next step to my rebuttal, but the Cowboy wasn't interested

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Yet top dbs guarded Cooper :huh:
Somebody is thinking with their brain. Nobody was lining up their top DB on Lamb for good reason, he could not get targets/catches, and still could not score a playoff TD (which Cooper did in every Playoff game he played for the Cowboys).

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It takes the right WR to be a true WR1, we have had a few that never could truly handle the role.
I cant firmly say that I truly believe CD can ever be that dominate WR1, but I would love for him to prove it to all the doubters that he is ready for the obligation.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Somebody is thinking with their brain. Nobody was lining up their top DB on Lamb for good reason, he could not get targets/catches, and still could not score a playoff TD (which Cooper did in every Playoff game he played for the Cowboys).
These fans can't just let dudes earn it. All some of us are saying is Ceedee needs to prove he's a lead Dawg. He wasn't no damn lead in Dallas and d coordinators agreed. I hope he does prove that he can.

conner01

Reaction score
Amari would have had the most targets had he played all the games
Amari isn’t gone because of talent
There was much more to it just like there was more to it when he left the raiders