Now this is a good draft!!!!!

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Trade Broncos for our #18 for their number 118 in the fourth. They have 2 fourths and may be willing to do this.

At #22 - (LB) Bobby Carpenter- OSU.

2nd #49-(FS) Donte Whitner-OSU- play CB or S which means he would be a good cover safety for us. Notice a OSU trend.... good, those guys had the best D in the country, and I am not an OSU fan or even get to watch them much in VA

3rd #80-(OT)Andrew Whitworth-LSU- This guy is big and nasty

4th #118 (The pick the Broncos got from the skins which makes this trade that much better!)

(WR) Maurice Stovall- ND- Big and slow like Key..... But like Key he is a walking catch, better leaper and a stick mover. if he is not gone by now, Has some upside..

(OG) 5th- 146- Adam Stenavich-Michigan- Versatile Lineman who has played many OL spots

6th- (OG) Rob Smith - TN

7th- Marques Hagans - UVA- QB/WR/Kick Returner ???

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
I might try to squeeze a NT in there somewhere in the later rounds...otherwise outstanding!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Denver is looking to get rid of one of their first round picks.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
But imagine what a Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes would do for them (or us for that matter) both of which will be gone at 18. I think its likely...

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
please provide a link for the "wanting to trade out of the first"

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
sadams said:
please provide a link for the "wanting to trade out of the first"
I've heard and read it from numerous sources. That said, I'm not doing your research.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
too busy being happy about TO I guess...

I can do my own research, but if you want to post a rebuttal, substantiate it.

tm1119

Reaction score
i have heard it as well. they dont have the money to sign two 1st round picks.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
sadams said:
too busy being happy about TO I guess...

I can do my own research, but if you want to post a rebuttal, substantiate it.
I'm not a huge TO fan, but the anti-TO bias of some posters here is annoying (see the many ridiculous arguments rehased in every TO thread).

As for the research, it seems to be common knowledge around the league at this point. I'm sure a minimal amount of research on your part would turn this up. It's neither required nor common for every statement to be substantiated on this board. I see no reason to change that now.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I will not go into the TO Zone and will cheer for the TD's the team makes but never ever for him!

So you are saying the trade-down is out. What are your thoughts on the other picks?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I think if Manny Lawson is available at 18 we pick him up. If he's not we look for a trade down to later 1st, early 2d and pick up Carpenter unless it appears there's going to be a run on LBs that early (doubtful but it will happen in early 2nd). 2nd/3rd picks will go to OG (or possibly OT) and FS depending on BPA for each position at that time. Most likely it will be FS in 2nd and OG in 3rd.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
To say we will trade out of the 18th pick is not a stretch my any means. With a draft this strong a team can pick up some very good players w/a late 1st or mid 2nd rd pick.

Providing a link is probably not going to happen as JJ & Bill are not going to announce their strategy at this stage of the game.

I have read many post and a few draft strategist stating we could possibly be trading out of the 18th pick.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I think Carpenter is better than Lawson. I live in ACC country and believe me, you and I (kidding of course), could get some decent numbers against some of these teams.

ACC plays bball. FSU and Miami have athletes, Tech has thugs.

Manny can play but I just like drafting guys from big time programs who play against big time talent.

ghst187

Reaction score
sadams said:
Trade Broncos for our #18 for their number 118 in the fourth. They have 2 fourths and may be willing to do this.

At #22 - (LB) Bobby Carpenter- OSU.

2nd #49-(FS) Donte Whitner-OSU- play CB or S which means he would be a good cover safety for us. Notice a OSU trend.... good, those guys had the best D in the country, and I am not an OSU fan or even get to watch them much in VA

3rd #80-(OT)Andrew Whitworth-LSU- This guy is big and nasty

4th #118 (The pick the Broncos got from the skins which makes this trade that much better!)

(WR) Maurice Stovall- ND- Big and slow like Key..... But like Key he is a walking catch, better leaper and a stick mover. if he is not gone by now, Has some upside..

(OG) 5th- 146- Adam Stenavich-Michigan- Versatile Lineman who has played many OL spots

6th- (OG) Rob Smith - TN

7th- Marques Hagans - UVA- QB/WR/Kick Returner ???

I wouldn't mind Carpenter at all but my guess is now that we signed Ayodele and got our starting ILB, we're more likely to draft Lawson or trade down and take Wimbley since they fit the 3-4 OLB mold better than what I think Carpenter would. I think Carpenter is ideal at ILB. Personally, I hope to heck we are able to get Lawson.
There's not a DB from Ohio St that I would touch in this draft.
Whitworth would be a good pick there and great value in the third.
Stovall may not make it out of the 2nd round, he has good hands and too much size. I like Greg Jennings a LOT and he has more chance of being there in the third or fourth.
I LOVE the Stenavich pick, I'm going to add that to my draft. Love those U of Mich lineman.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
To say we will trade out of the 18th pick is not a stretch my any means. With a draft this strong a team can pick up some very good players w/a late 1st or mid 2nd rd pick.

Providing a link is probably not going to happen as JJ & Bill are not going to announce their strategy at this stage of the game.

I have read many post and a few draft strategist stating we could possibly be trading out of the 18th pick.
The "link discussion" was about Denver wanting to get rid of one of their 1st round picks. I don't think anyone disagrees that there's a strong possibility that we trade down. I think most would agree there's little chance of trading up. I certainly wouldn't do it for Hawk unless he fell to 15-16th pick.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
sadams said:
I think Carpenter is better than Lawson.
I'm shocked. ;) By the way, look at where Ware came from. You can make the same argument about Ware.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
We already have a Manny Lawson, his name is Demarcus Ware. What we need now is a general, that's Carpenter.