Now this is a good draft!!!!!

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
agreed. Carpenter is just A HIGH motor intensity guy that I personally think this defense is lacking. We have a mouthpiece on O now that is for sure and as much as I hate it, Carpenter will bring the pain and get all of this talent pumped up and ready to rip from freaking heads off!

All of this young talent needs to develop some swagger. Carpenter brings defensive swagger.

He is that crazy white boy that every defense needs!

ghst187

Reaction score
austintodallas said:
We already have a Manny Lawson, his name is Demarcus Ware. What we need now is a general, that's Carpenter.

In a 3-4, I think you want two LBs that can get to the QB.
Carpenter seems more of a ILB than a OLB and OLB is what we're looking for.
I agree that Carpenter will be a great player and will probably be a field general. I definitely won't be upset if we take Carpenter but man...Lawson's athleticism and speed is too tempting to me. He'll take more time to develop than Carpenter but the playmaking upside/potential is a good bit higher

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
sadams said:
agreed. Carpenter is just A HIGH motor intensity guy that I personally think this defense is lacking. We have a mouthpiece on O now that is for sure and as much as I hate it, Carpenter will bring the pain and get all of this talent pumped up and ready to rip from freaking heads off!

All of this young talent needs to develop some swagger. Carpenter brings defensive swagger.

He is that crazy white boy that every defense needs!
:hammer:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
We are making the SB run now. I want instant impact. You don't think Carpenter can play outside? I bet he can. Strong side!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The good news is that I don't think we can go wrong with Greenway/Lawson/Carpenter in the mid to late 1st round.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I just want some intensity since Zimmer doesn't seem to instill any in the defense. I think our talent was completely misused last year.... But that is another thread!

ghst187

Reaction score
sadams said:
I just want some intensity since Zimmer doesn't seem to instill any in the defense. I think our talent was completely misused last year.... But that is another thread!

you're preaching to the choir there brotha.
Most folk on this board (including myself) agree with that assessment on Zimmer.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Don't forget about Thomas Howard. He's faster than Lawson/ had 85 tackles to Carpenters 49 tackles/ he was all over the field in the Senior and I mean everywhere, and his only weakness is he needs to gain 5 to 10 pds by the end of Training camp.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Height: 6-3 1/4 | Weight: 239 | 40-Time: 4.42
Official Bio

Strengths:
Amazing athlete with rare speed for the position...Has fluid hips and does a tremendous job when dropping into coverage...Has a great burst and closes fast...Terrific in space and makes plays sideline-to-sideline...Big hitter who will light people up...Changes direction well...Is an excellent pass rusher on the blitz...Very productive...Team leader and hard worker with top intangibles.

Weaknesses:
Gets by on his athleticism and lacks great instincts, which are essential for a linebacker...Can do a better job as a tackler...Struggles when taking on bigger blockers...Needs to hit the weights and get stronger...Doesn't react on the field as quickly as you'd like...Still developing and is not yet a finished product.

Notes:
Began his career with the Miners as a walk-on safety...Father was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in 1977 cousin was a member of the musical group En Vogue...A true workout warrior whose measurables are almost off the charts.