Now THIS is the definition of injury prone

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact the defensive player of the yr thing is the biggest joke in NFL award history:

BOB SANDERS OUT VS. CHARGERS
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 23, 2008, 10:17 a.m.
The reigning NFL defensive player of the year will miss his second consecutive game tonight.

Indianapolis safety Bob Sanders is out for the Colts’ prime time game against the Chargers. The Colts said Sanders did not make the trip to San Diego.

An injured right knee has affected Sanders for most of the season. He missed last week’s game at Pittsburgh because of swelling in the knee, and so far he has played only four games this year.

Overall, Sanders has played 43 regular-season games in his five-year career. Tonight’s game will be the 32nd he has missed.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
dbair1967;2435803 said:
Not to mention the fact the defensive player of the yr thing is the biggest joke in NFL award history:

BOB SANDERS OUT VS. CHARGERS
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 23, 2008, 10:17 a.m.
The reigning NFL defensive player of the year will miss his second consecutive game tonight.

Indianapolis safety Bob Sanders is out for the Colts’ prime time game against the Chargers. The Colts said Sanders did not make the trip to San Diego.

An injured right knee has affected Sanders for most of the season. He missed last week’s game at Pittsburgh because of swelling in the knee, and so far he has played only four games this year.

Overall, Sanders has played 43 regular-season games in his five-year career. Tonight’s game will be the 32nd he has missed.

Sanders is one of the best defensive players in the game today. You can see his impact when he is on the field and when he's not.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
THUMPER;2435809 said:
Sanders is one of the best defensive players in the game today. You can see his impact when he is on the field and when he's not.

Doesn't mean much when you're out half of the time.

Mysterio

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2435813 said:

Please prove us wrong, your one of those people who think Polamalu sucks, and Sanders sucks, and Ed Reed sucks, etc, etc. Just shut your trap son.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
THUMPER;2435809 said:

I am guessing you haven't watched too many games Sanders played this year. I did and heck no way, he is that good, especially a Defensive player good and he is injury prone and has been injury prone.

Most overrated player in NFL has to be Bob Sanders. I have seen this guy just dive at the feet, opposite to where the play is going several times. He is good, but not Defensive MVP good, even when he won it. It was more hype than substance.

Now Troy Polamalu, deserves the hype he gets, although, he is not all that he is hyped about, but at least he deserves some of the hype.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
THUMPER;2435809 said:

He's one of the most overrated players in the game. The guy makes some big hits from time to time, but he is lousy in pass coverage and never makes any plays on the ball. He has just 14 passes defensed in 5 seasons. He has only 5 picks. He had only 3.5 sacks (all last yr). He's never broken 100 tackles in a season once.

Like I said, it was a joke that he won DPOY last yr.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
dbair1967;2435820 said:
He's one of the most overrated players in the game. The guy makes some big hits from time to time, but he is lousy in pass coverage and never makes any plays on the ball. He has just 14 passes defensed in 5 seasons. He has only 5 picks. He had only 3.5 sacks (all last yr). He's never broken 100 tackles in a season once.

I agree 100% with this. I work with a couple of Colts fans and they were bragging how awesome Sanders is. Like you just pointed out above, I brought in some statistical information on how performs which were sub-par for anyone playing that position. They both replied, "But he makes an impact on the field and forces teams to game plan him out of the game." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

Also, I thought Patrick Willis of SF deserved DPOY last year. He played awesome on a crap defense.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sanders is a damn good player, he just can't stay healthy. Doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Troy however, is definitely a good player, I don't see how anyone could dispute that. He's all over the place, he's one of the most active players on either side of the ball and he keeps his mouth shut, which I like.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dbair1967;2435820 said:

:hammer:

The guy had only 72 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 2 INTs last year to win DPOY.

There were many more people that had better #'s and were more valuable to their team than him.

It was a complete joke..

JPM

Reaction score
ajk23az;2436064 said:
:hammer:

The guy had only 72 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 2 INTs last year to win DPOY.

There were many more people that had better #'s and were more valuable to their team than him.

It was a complete joke..
Ware
Mario Williams
Patrick Willis

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
dbair1967;2435820 said:

Stats dont mean everything. I've watched him throughout college, and the pros.

When he is not on the field, the defense is not near the same level. It's blatant.

I agree Ware shouldve got DPOY last year though.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
dbair1967;2435820 said:

Very true. Ware was robbed a few sacks due to bogus offside calls and he was robbed by B. Sanders's hype for DPOY.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
THUMPER;2435809 said:
Sanders is a below average player that happened to come back when a defense improved as a whole and he got credit for it.

He doesn't do squat when he's on the field.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2437048 said:
Stats dont mean everything. I've watched him throughout college, and the pros.

When he is not on the field, the defense is not near the same level. It's blatant.

I agree Ware shouldve got DPOY last year though.

No it should have been hands down ALbert Haynesworth. ONly thing that kind of probably worked against him, was he was injured for few games.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Just want to say that I think alot of peoples opinions of Bob Sanders on this board are strongly affected by Roy Williams.

People see the big hits, and not alot of interceptions, and think he is overrated like Roy Williams. He is not Roy Williams. If you watch him and what he brings to the table, and I mean really watch, not just see the highlights, or glance at a game for a few minutes, you will see one of the better defensive players in the game. Period.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2438051 said:
Just want to say that I think alot of peoples opinions of Bob Sanders on this board are strongly affected by Roy Williams.

People see the big hits, and not alot of interceptions, and think he is overrated like Roy Williams. He is not Roy Williams. If you watch him and what he brings to the table, and I mean really watch, not just see the highlights, or glance at a game for a few minutes, you will see one of the better defensive players in the game. Period.
I've watched him quite a bit over his career. He doesn't make huge hits, he doesn't break up pass plays, he doesn't make INTs, he doesn't do squat. He's rarely the impetus of a tackle. He's just a guy.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
theogt;2438068 said:
I've watched him quite a bit over his career. He doesn't make huge hits, he doesn't break up pass plays, he doesn't make INTs, he doesn't do squat. He's rarely the impetus of a tackle. He's just a guy.

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Reeally disagree.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2438051 said:

and I'd say you, like alot of others (ie, media) are blind as a bat, period.

the guy doesnt make plays...he's a safety...Roy Williams' average yrs were just as good as what Sanders did last yr, and he never got DPOY votes. He's had 2 or 3 seasons where he was WAY more of an impact player than Sanders has ever been.

Mysterio

Benched
Reaction score
Sanders and Polamalu are the two best safeties in the NFL. If you can't see that you're an idiot.