Now we know why no quality HC is coming here

CWR

Reaction score
how did he meddle with switzer? he chose his entire coaching staff. Essentially that was Johnson's coaching staff that stayed behind.....he literally wanted a figure head to prove to Johnson that any of the 500 coaches can win a championship with this team...he often by passed switzer and coordinated things with Aikman and Irving and Emmitt. . subsequently he got involved in the drafts and we know that history....with campo specially, our drafts sucked and it was run by Jerry. He went and asked Aikman if he liked LaFleur and we drafted a 6'8" TE because Aikman liked him! a freaking blocking TE in the first round. he subsequently brought in Parcells because he admitted he didn't know how to run a football team...then he meddled with Parcells and the rest is history...he meddled with Wade....ahem...he hired garrett his OC before hiring Wade. he ran the draft again and we had bad drafts. after bad drafts. he made a decision to not have contact in camp because I can't remember who got hurt during practice....thus camp cupcake....and we know the history with garrett….

Jerry so desparately wants to be known as a good GM and architect of a superbowl winning team that he just can't help himself.

Buddy, hes an old man. Our only hope now is that he has finally come to the conclusion his way isn't working. Maybe thats where the teary eyed post game interview stemmed from. He did talk about the need to make changes on how they do things. In fact I bet he makes a lot of promises to our next coach. The question is can he keep those promises for more than ONE season.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
You can get a good coach. You're coaching on one of the biggest stages in sports EVERY WEEK coaching this franchise. If good coaches came available, Jerry would be able to get them. Do buy the bs about we can't get good coaches.

CWR

Reaction score
You can get a good coach. You're coaching on one of the biggest stages in sports EVERY WEEK coaching this franchise. If good coaches came available, Jerry would be able to get them. Do buy the bs about we can't get good coaches.

Yes, there is more talent than job openings. Add into that the big stage, young roster and cap space.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to take a job if I was responsible for a staff but constantly undermined and shown up by the CEO. You'd get all the blame for failure and no credit for success.

If I was a head coach I wouldn't want that scenario. 6 million a year could pacify me tho.
Yeah..

Which forces the quehow much
The only thing crazy is what you typed. You make no sense. You are just venting to vent. As soon as Jerry hires a quality coach, what will you say?
Let's see what happens.

Do you really trust Jerrah to make a decision that the majority will accept as logically and proactive for the fanbase?

It only happened once in 1989 with Jimmy Johnson.

And even that hire splintered the fanbase as Jimster had just left UM with controversial issues of his teams being rowdy and undisciplined.

He was not welcomed universally.

Same thing with Barry Switzer..another HC who brought with him stories of being a successful coach but having a less than sterling rep.

So we have repeatedly been surprised with Jerrah's HC decisions.

I expect this hire to follow suite.

:omg:

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Having an opinion is fine. Trying to pass that opinion off as fact is something else.

nobody

Reaction score
But would you walk away from $6 million?

If he's already made like $50 million, now it's about doing what he wants and not having to put up with meddling and drunk sabotage.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he's already made like $50 million, now it's about doing what he wants and not having to put up with meddling and drunk sabotage.
His contract wasn’t always that big, so I don’t know that he’s made $50 million, and what he has made isn’t tax free. That’s not to say he hasn’t made a lot of money, but there is no reason to believe he was planning to retire, and he couldn’t just quit while under contract with one team and walk into another $6 million gig with another. It’s not allowed under league rules, and it likely wouldn’t have been available even if it were allowed.

nobody

Reaction score
He hasn’t made $50 million, and what he has made isn’t tax free. That’s not to say he hasn’t made a lot of money, but there is no reason to believe he was planning to retire, and he couldn’t just quit while under contract with one team and walk into another $6 million gig with another. It’s not allowed under league rules, and it likely wouldn’t have been available even if it were allowed.

I meant after this past season. Jerry really seemed to screw him over with not letting him take over and saddling him with Moore if it's true he requested control for his last season. So he'd decide to play it out then leave...or should have. He's made millions and millions in his years as a coach, even after taxes. At some point you can say "yeah, that's good and now I can truly focus on doing what I want rather than just earn a paycheck." Putting up with Jerry's meddling in this last year was just earning a paycheck and it was obvious. Now, I'm not saying Garrett was a good coach. I think he's terrible..but a coach should have control.

So if I'd already made multimillions as the coach and Jerry said here's 6 million more for one more season, I'd probably say no. It's not worth the headache.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I meant after this past season. Jerry really seemed to screw him over with not letting him take over and saddling him with Moore if it's true he requested control for his last season. So he'd decide to play it out then leave...or should have. He's made millions and millions in his years as a coach, even after taxes. At some point you can say "yeah, that's good and now I can truly focus on doing what I want rather than just earn a paycheck." Putting up with Jerry's meddling in this last year was just earning a paycheck and it was obvious. Now, I'm not saying Garrett was a good coach. I think he's terrible..but a coach should have control.

So if I'd already made multimillions as the coach and Jerry said here's 6 million more for one more season, I'd probably say no. It's not worth the headache.
After this season he doesn’t have a choice because he doesn’t have a contract to walk away from. I was responding to a comment about how he felt prior to this past season.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Finally something that makes sense about what is wrong in Dallas.

Clearly its Jerrah pulling strings and over ruling his coaches.

I was wondering when Moore was going to get his share of the rightful blame.

So coach Jerrah can just roll up his pants and wade into the swamp he created.

Back when it was announced Moore was the OC..

I was stunned like many of us that such an inexperienced playcaller would lead the team post Linehan.

I agree with Garrett's reported complaint that he and he alone should have complete control of the offense to decide his future.

This was a decision if I was Garrett would make me want out of the organization.

There is just too much rear seat coaching going on with Jerrah.

Parcells got the similar overrule attitude from Jerrah when Jerrah signed TO when Parcells did not want him.

TO was signed anyway.

This is crazy.

How do we get a good coach here to coach if he knows Jerrah reserves the right to do this?

Comments?
Jerry be scaring hc prospects away lol
Seriously, could be.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
For those that have a desire for Josh McDaniels can focus elsewhere. He has an interview scheduled with the Giants next week but nothing is expected to come of it because he wants a say into who the GM is. I think this guy has himself rated a little higher than his resume dictates.
I would not want this guy at all...even if it were possible.

nobody

Reaction score
It's sad. He could have been a great owner.

I don't think he could have been. He was always headed for this due to his narcissism and ego. He didn't get something he needed when he was younger...some critical approval or love and now he gets it vicariously through owning the Cowboys. Credit and adulation is what he seeks more than anything. He refuses to see that he'd get credit if he took a step back and hired the right guys to run the team.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yeah..

Which forces the quehow much

Let's see what happens.

Do you really trust Jerrah to make a decision that the majority will accept as logically and proactive for the fanbase?

It only happened once in 1989 with Jimmy Johnson.

And even that hire splintered the fanbase as Jimster had just left UM with controversial issues of his teams being rowdy and undisciplined.

He was not welcomed universally.

Same thing with Barry Switzer..another HC who brought with him stories of being a successful coach but having a less than sterling rep.

So we have repeatedly been surprised with Jerrah's HC decisions.

I expect this hire to follow suite.

:omg:

Lol. No matter who Jerry hires somebody will be upset.
Just hope Jerry does not do something crazy like keeping Garrett or naming whitten headcoach

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It's sad. He could have been a great owner.
The way they started out he looked like a genius, hire the right football mind, let him do his job the relax, lean back and let the success happen.........then the ego happened........he goes from looking like a genius to looking like a buffoon all because of ego.

Pride is an evil thing.

plymkr

Reaction score
His contract wasn’t always that big, so I don’t know that he’s made $50 million, and what he has made isn’t tax free. That’s not to say he hasn’t made a lot of money, but there is no reason to believe he was planning to retire, and he couldn’t just quit while under contract with one team and walk into another $6 million gig with another. It’s not allowed under league rules, and it likely wouldn’t have been available even if it were allowed.
As far as money goes I'm not feeling too bad for Garrett. He made a lot of money with Dallas. I believe you are right that he always wasn't making 5 or 6 million a year. I also think he can get a job as a coach in this league and keep making money and if he's smart with his money he'll be fine. I doubt he'll be a head coach again but maybe an OC or QB coach for some team and make a good salary. He has a pretty impressive resume. Coach of the year in 2016, a couple division titles and 2 playoff wins. That resume most likely won't get a HC gig, but maybe an assistant role. I'd argue that the players won despite his bad coaching but what's on paper is on paper and that could land him a gig.

I like Jason as a man. I think he's a good guy. He sucks as a HC. I think he can coach in some capacity in this league but in Dallas he has to go. I hope he's financially okay and I hope he has a good career coaching if he decides to continue. Overall he needed to go, made a lot of money, can coach somewhere if he wants to. So I guess I'm not disagreeing with you or agreeing with you, your post just got me thinking this.