Now, We're All Speculating

IceBowler

Reaction score
Saying what level if performance we want to see - what will make us “happy” with this season. I would like to say that I really don’t care whether Dallas makes and wins the SB, NFCC game or, exits in the first round.

As long as the team shows up and comes to play. With the exception of the Miami game, every loss was directly attributable to a lack of desire, fire, attitude or whatever you wish to call it. If Dallas plays a great game and loses to a team that made one more play .. so be it.

But for God‘s sake - SHOW UP!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Well that is all fair and good if you are the other team that plays in the state of Texas...for a team that hasn't won diggly in 30 years, I for one do not agree with you in the least

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Team is too sensitive. Defense gets all pouty and mopey when they get run on. (or when Diggs gets hurt)

Dak shells up when team getting dominated. Seen CeeDee pout too. Few dawgs out there through it all, or guys that stay stone faced killer - Fergy, Tyron/Zack, Gilmore - but a lot of Gen Z influence there. LOL

Starts though by telling them it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play, so disagree with OP.

"The object of the game is to win damnit!"

AA1mie7p.img

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Team is too sensitive. Defense gets all pouty and mopey when they get run on. (or when Diggs gets hurt)

Dak shells up when team getting dominated. Seen CeeDee pout too. Few dawgs out there through it all, or guys that stay stone faced killer - Fergy, Tyron/Zack, Gilmore - but a lot of Gen Z influence there. LOL

Starts though by telling them it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play, so disagree with OP.

AA1mie7p.img
wow are you ok????? that was beautiful

IceBowler

Reaction score

AA1mie7p.img
I may be somewhat older than you or perhaps played a good deal of competitive sports at a high level. Not taking anything away from your “win at all cost” mantra, but what I know is that you can play your absolute best from start to finish and sometimes, the other guy either does it better at a critical time or just gets the break needed to prevail.When you’ve unreservedly done your best and lose, there’s no shame in that.

Playing up to less than your capability is a completely different story ..

rambo2

Reaction score
Well that is all fair and good if you are the other team that plays in the state of Texas...for a team that hasn't won diggly in 30 years, I for one do not agree with you in the least
They just won 12 games for the 3rd year in a row and have a shot at doing that again next year.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
They just won 12 games for the 3rd year in a row and have a shot at doing that again next year.
No doubt, but I think this franchise is far beyond being happy with 12 win seasons...we may not have the team we have now in 3 years time, and the Iggles are again the poster child in the NFL of a team that has to grab the bull by the horn when they have it in it's grasp, because too many things can happen to derail this. For the first time in 30 years I can see a direct line to a Superbowl, there is no guarantee this line will still be there next year

rambo2

Reaction score
No doubt, but I think this franchise is far beyond being happy with 12 win seasons...we may not have the team we have now in 3 years time, and the Iggles are again the poster child in the NFL of a team that has to grab the bull by the horn when they have it in it's grasp, because too many things can happen to derail this. For the first time in 30 years I can see a direct line to a Superbowl, there is no guarantee this line will still be there next year
They could win this year and next year. We will see how it goes. They are in a good spot right now.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
They could win this year and next year. We will see how it goes. They are in a good spot right now.
only thing we apparently know is the we wll not repeat as NFC champs next year....

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I may be somewhat older than you or perhaps played a good deal of competitive sports at a high level. Not taking anything away from your “win at all cost” mantra, but what I know is that you can play your absolute best from start to finish and sometimes, the other guy either does it better at a critical time or just gets the break needed to prevail.When you’ve unreservedly done your best and lose, there’s no shame in that.

Playing up to less than your capability is a completely different story ..

Nothing wrong with luck or playing hard. But strongly disagree about the comment about higher-level players not caring about "win at all costs."

All the way until college, you can still get by with talent. This is such a big deal in the pros, that players go to shrinks or anyone that can give them that advantage.

In the NBA it's coined "The Mamba Mentality" with Kobe Bryant emulating his role model, Michael Jordan.

In the NFL, it gets more Super Bowls wins in 5 years with Jimmy Johnson than decades of experience from many, many coaches.

In his prime with Cus D'Amato, Mike Tyson used to go to a professional hypnotist to help boost his killer instinct before matches.

Clutch, killer, whatever you want to call it.... the teams and athletes that have it win the most. Thus the Jimmy Johnson picture above. He got it.

JBS

Reaction score
Sorry, this post is trash. I guess the idea behind it has some legs, but at the end of the day, no

1) the loss @ Philly wasnt a lack of fight
2) just showing up and playing well isn’t enough. It’s time to win playoff gamessssss…multiple

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Saying what level if performance we want to see - what will make us “happy” with this season. I would like to say that I really don’t care whether Dallas makes and wins the SB, NFCC game or, exits in the first round.

As long as the team shows up and comes to play. With the exception of the Miami game, every loss was directly attributable to a lack of desire, fire, attitude or whatever you wish to call it. If Dallas plays a great game and loses to a team that made one more play .. so be it.

But for God‘s sake - SHOW UP!
Are you talking about the team showing up or the fans? I know the team will be showing up, the challenge is if the fans show up. Tons and tons of tickets for sale......just saying.

Bing

Reaction score
Well I didnt expect this years team to do this well. I was thinking possibly a 10 win season with a wild card birth. So they have already surpassed my expectations. But be it 10 wins or 12 wins all that is behind us now and a new season has started. It would not shock me one bit if Green Bays beats us because that's just who we seem to be. I would love to see us advance further into the playoffs. These early exits from the playoffs are frustrating