Now, We're All Speculating

rambo2

Reaction score
Well I didnt expect this years team to do this well. I was thinking possibly a 10 win season with a wild card birth. So they have already surpassed my expectations. But be it 10 wins or 12 wins all that is behind us now and a new season has started. It would not shock me one bit if Green Bays beats us because that's just who we seem to be. I would love to see us advance further into the playoffs. These early exits from the playoffs are frustrating
The Cowboys probably have around a 90 percent chance of beating the Packers.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well I didnt expect this years team to do this well. I was thinking possibly a 10 win season with a wild card birth. So they have already surpassed my expectations. But be it 10 wins or 12 wins all that is behind us now and a new season has started. It would not shock me one bit if Green Bays beats us because that's just who we seem to be. I would love to see us advance further into the playoffs. These early exits from the playoffs are frustrating
I think I predicted 11-12 wins when the thread came up at the beginning of the year. It has been about what I expected I guess. I did not know what to think about Cooks but he is definitely a weapon and has helped open up the filed for CeeDee. Blands pick 6's and some blocked punts blew some games open and we dominated much more than I thought. If we don't beat Green Bay it will be a huge failure I think!

IceBowler

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with luck or playing hard. But strongly disagree about the comment about higher-level players not caring about "win at all costs."

All the way until college, you can still get by with talent. This is such a big deal in the pros, that players go to shrinks or anyone that can give them that advantage.

In the NBA it's coined "The Mamba Mentality" with Kobe Bryant emulating his role model, Michael Jordan.

In the NFL, it gets more Super Bowls wins in 5 years with Jimmy Johnson than decades of experience from many, many coaches.

In his prime with Cus D'Amato, Mike Tyson used to go to a professional hypnotist to help boost his killer instinct before matches.

Clutch, killer, whatever you want to call it.... the teams and athletes that have it win the most. Thus the Jimmy Johnson picture above. He got it.
You & I are talking about the exact same thing - just expressing and illustrating it differently. Jimmy’s bunch was for the most part always ready to play as Jimmy saw to that. Not all coaches and or players have that desire to play as well as they possibly can. That’s what I‘m saying here .. play your best game and, if you’ve done that, there’s no shame in getting beat because one thing is sure: if you play enough, you will get beaten.

Bing

Reaction score
The Cowboys probably have around a 90 percent chance of beating the Packers.
Oh yeah I expect us to beat Green Bay, playing at home etc. But again it's the Cowboys in the playoffs which has not ended very well in almost three decades. So sure you got to be hopeful but at the same time not overly surprised when it doesn't go our way

plasticman

Reaction score
Saying what level if performance we want to see - what will make us “happy” with this season. I would like to say that I really don’t care whether Dallas makes and wins the SB, NFCC game or, exits in the first round.

As long as the team shows up and comes to play. With the exception of the Miami game, every loss was directly attributable to a lack of desire, fire, attitude or whatever you wish to call it. If Dallas plays a great game and loses to a team that made one more play .. so be it.

But for God‘s sake - SHOW UP!
You would have loved the 1989 Cowboys season. They always came to play. Once, they even won.