News: NSZ: Does Dak Prescott not want to play for Dallas Cowboys anymore?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Does Dak Prescott not want to play for Dallas Cowboys anymore?

https%3A%2F%2Fnflspinzone.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F1196559161.jpeg

The Dak Prescott and Dallas Cowboys drama is far from over. The Dallas Cowboys tried to pinch pennies with their star quarterback over the past two seasons...

Read Full Story

Dak knows the answer. Maybe Zeke knows as well. Perhaps Dak's agent knows the answer.

I doubt Broaddus (I so want to spell that Broadass) has no clue, as well as no coaches on the team. Neither does anyone else among the fanbase, NFL, or any journalist, or pseudo journalist that breathes air.

The rest reminds me of something below.

240_F_330515945_4PV7qVYIoeTBYxzfJO05q02vrXwgYg8T.jpg

The season cannot get here quick enough for me.

johneric8

Reaction score
I post news articles I find that I believe will be interesting to some members. Just because I post something does not mean I agree with it.

As always, no one made you read it or this thread. I usually just skip threads that are on topics I do not care about or do not agree with.

You're right man, I could just skip it and not give an opinion, but I felt compelled.. I just don't trust Broddus much and he is the whistle blower and that makes my stomach turn.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
This talk of Dak wanting to leave the team seems overblown to me. He wants to get paid. He said two years ago he wasn't planning on taking a discount.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
These reports are nothing but a bunch of BS to create drama. Dak was a fourth round draft pick who’s living the dream as the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys. He’s making millions in endorsements and he doesn’t want to be here? :laugh:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pinch pennies with him..... Wow.
I said this to myself more than once. The fans get to him why should I believe it people don’t appreciate me. But that’s just propaganda. I think he’s just begging him self he wants to prove he’s a winner. And then watch out pay me. I think it’s just that simple

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
THIS is the side of Dak I was afraid would show and why I was against along term deal for him.
This is what I expected. You praise Kellen Moore but you’ve never actually watched him play. And you want people to take everything you say about Prescott with integrity

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is all coming from a disgruntled former Cowboys coach. Not buying any of it! If he didn’t want to be here he wouldn’t have signed the tag. That would have forced the Cowboys to have to make a move or let him sit out.

mcmvp

Reaction score
This is all coming from a disgruntled former Cowboys coach. Not buying any of it! If he didn’t want to be here he wouldn’t have signed the tag. That would have forced the Cowboys to have to make a move or let him sit out.

I'm not sure if I do myself, but it's not exactly difficult to put something out there to shoot this notion down. The longer he doesn't, the longer the legs on this story will grow.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I do myself, but it's not exactly difficult to put something out there to shoot this notion down. The longer he doesn't, the longer the legs on this story will grow.

There was a lengthy thread last season saying Dak didn’t want to play for Garrett. If Dak is disgruntled about anything it’s not the dismissal of coaches, it’s not being able to come to an agreement on a new contract. There wouldn’t have been any contract negotiations if he didn’t want to be here. The team was trying to re-sign him long before Garrett and Kitna were let go.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak isn’t stupid enough to not want to be here with all the talent he has around him. Le’Veon Bell didn’t want to be in Pittsburgh anymore now look where his career is. I remember back in the late 70s John Jefferson arguably the best receiver in the league at the time didn’t want to be in San Diego anymore and was sent packing. He was never heard from again. Dak knows he has it great in Dallas. He has a loaded offense around him and now he has a proven HC coach who helped develop Aaron Rodgers. It’s laughable that he would rather be somewhere else and screw up the great situation he has with the Cowboys.

mcmvp

Reaction score
There was a lengthy thread last season saying Dak didn’t want to play for Garrett. If Dak is disgruntled about anything it’s not the dismissal of coaches, it’s not being able to come to an agreement on a new contract. There wouldn’t have been any contract negotiations if he didn’t want to be here. The team was trying to re-sign him long before Garrett and Kitna were let go.

It could be both, but I agree the money is the big issue

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I think bridges have been burnt and the year is all about looking straight and as little interaction with the FO. If I were a betting man, money is on Dak leaving.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Does Dak Prescott not want to play for Dallas Cowboys anymore?

https%3A%2F%2Fnflspinzone.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F1196559161.jpeg

The Dak Prescott and Dallas Cowboys drama is far from over. The Dallas Cowboys tried to pinch pennies with their star quarterback over the past two seasons...

Read Full Story

He was offered over $100 million guaranteed. The "Cowboys don't trust Dak" line is garbage - you don't offer $100 million guaranteed to someone you don't trust.

Dak blew it. He and his agent got caught up in details and missed the big picture. If he really doesn't want to be there anymore then that's on him.

cern

Reaction score
I don’t recall having an issue over there with you.

And I still don’t have an issue with you . But my attacks towards our ownerships futility these last couple decades apparently gets under your skin.

If you take issue then stay on the discussion and try to stay away from personal attacks.

I assumed you were intellect enough not to fall victim to such conduct. Usually those who do either become frustrated or have no other rebuttal.
i never personally attack you. a bit of persiflage from time to time, but never a personal attack.:):)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is another of the stupid ideas that has come out of a contract negotiation. Did Russell Wilson want to be a Seahawk? Yes, because they paid him. Aaron Donald want to be a Ram? Yes, because they paid him. Khalil Mack a Raider? No, because they didn't want to pay him. Demarcus Ware a Cowboy? No, because they didn't want to pay him.

The only reason anyone here is questioning this is because this was made so public by the media morons that manage the team. You cannot name one contract negotiation where you were kept so misinformed by leaks from inside the organization. The media has to hunt for tidbits with other teams but they get handfed by these two goobers.

Every one of these players is a paid professional and wants to get the top dollar for their services while they can. The Cowboys could have gone the cheaper route and used the non exclusive tag but they showed they didn't want other clubs having a shot at Prescott and there's a certain amount of disrespect that can be felt by that move. They played this right.

Prescott might not have liked the way the Joneses went about the leaking of misinformation but not enough not to play for them if they meet his price. The general perception is the Joneses misplayed this and the reason that exists is because they chose to play it out in the media and Prescott chose to remain silent, as he should have.

Why in the hell would Prescott not want to be a Cowboy? He makes more endorsement money than the elite QB's because they don't play for Dallas. The previous 2 star QB's have cushy TV gigs because they were the DC QB. The most high profile sports job in all of pro sports is the DC QB and he is already accustomed to that and it doesn't seem to be too big for him.

The media is just trying to keep something going because the Prescott Watch being over has left a void that they need to fill.

Want to know what's worse than no sports because of this situation? All of the sports cable channels and talking heads with no sports.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is another of the stupid ideas that has come out of a contract negotiation. Did Russell Wilson want to be a Seahawk? Yes, because they paid him. Aaron Donald want to be a Ram? Yes, because they paid him. Khalil Mack a Raider? No, because they didn't want to pay him. Demarcus Ware a Cowboy? No, because they didn't want to pay him.

The only reason anyone here is questioning this is because this was made so public by the media morons that manage the team. You cannot name one contract negotiation where you were kept so misinformed by leaks from inside the organization. The media has to hunt for tidbits with other teams but they get handfed by these two goobers.

Every one of these players is a paid professional and wants to get the top dollar for their services while they can. The Cowboys could have gone the cheaper route and used the non exclusive tag but they showed they didn't want other clubs having a shot at Prescott and there's a certain amount of disrespect that can be felt by that move. They played this right.

Prescott might not have liked the way the Joneses went about the leaking of misinformation but not enough not to play for them if they meet his price. The general perception is the Joneses misplayed this and the reason that exists is because they chose to play it out in the media and Prescott chose to remain silent, as he should have.

Why in the hell would Prescott not want to be a Cowboy? He makes more endorsement money than the elite QB's because they don't play for Dallas. The previous 2 star QB's have cushy TV gigs because they were the DC QB. The most high profile sports job in all of pro sports is the DC QB and he is already accustomed to that and it doesn't seem to be too big for him.

The media is just trying to keep something going because the Prescott Watch being over has left a void that they need to fill.

Want to know what's worse than no sports because of this situation? All of the sports cable channels and talking heads with no sports.

Wait Coach, soo your saying they play this game for money...... no way I thought they should take whatever the team offers because they LOVE THE TEAM...
Man some of you should go into work tomorrow and down size your pay because it looks bad you getting as much as you can to do your job....

This really isn't hard like the above examples this is THEIR JOB they go where they get paid the most to do THEIR JOB everything else is just us as fans hoping they care about the logo as much as we do....

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I repeat, no team will offer Dak more than the Cowboys did. Dak's endorsement money will plummet if he leaves the Cowboys.
Maybe some people have to learn the hard way.

Who knows, maybe Daniel Jones will stink up the joint in NY and the Giants will go all in for Dak next year. I guess it could happen :)