Nuclear Stress Test

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone here have one of these? I am having one this week and other than listening to Imagine Dragons' Radioactive, I don't know what else to do.

I do not recall hearing anything good after the word "nuclear", including test treaty because they lie.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Anyone here have one of these? I am having one this week and other than listening to Imagine Dragons' Radioactive, I don't know what else to do.

I do not recall hearing anything good after the word "nuclear", including test treaty because they lie.

It's a more reliable stress test. I'm currently in the hospital after a heart cath because a regular stress test showed blockage. I wouldn't have had to do this had I agreed to the nuclear stress test instead of the normal one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

If you get nervous, just think about the way Dubbya pronounced it "nucular". That'll give ya the giggles for a bit....or piss ya off. Either way, you won't be nervous anymore.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully it's easier than running on a treadmill until you wanna puke.
Can't do that one because of my hip so she wants to do this instead. Nothing serious, I've got an extra beat sometimes and she wants to make sure this is the benign kind. Plus I am going under anesthesia in two weeks and I am not as young as I used to be and they want to make sure it's safe.....for them. I come too and I'm hurtin', there will be hell to pay and at least one lawyer involved.

Man, anesthesia is so freakin' weird. What the hell is my brain doing? No dreams, no nothing and the next thing ya know they're waking you up and they're telling you it's all done. Hope this goes better than the last one, they woke me up and put a 7lb13oz baby boy on my stomach and said "congratulations". He's 7 now and a fine bartender.

Xelda

Reaction score
I know they use a drug to paralyze you so you don't move during surgery. It's some voodoo concoction they've got for anesthesia. They probably only knock you out to keep you from telling your personal injury lawyer exactly what they did wrong. I went to a Christmas party full of hospital people, they were... I'd better tell you after the procedure.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what my stress test entailed, about ten years ago.
That is the usual one because this one is expensive and insurance will only pay for it if the other cannot be done or there are extenuating circumstances. The isotope they inject gets the heart rate up without exercise and one of the nurse's Dad had it done and said it was a very weird feeling. Thing takes between 4-5 hours and if I am not glowing or becoming The Incredible Coach and wasting hospital personnel, I will try and post while undergoing this.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is the usual one because this one is expensive and insurance will only pay for it if the other cannot be done or there are extenuating circumstances. The isotope they inject gets the heart rate up without exercise and one of the nurse's Dad had it done and said it was a very weird feeling. Thing takes between 4-5 hours and if I am not glowing or becoming The Incredible Coach and wasting hospital personnel, I will try and post while undergoing this.
Just don't turn into Harris. "I'm scared!"