NY Giants Forum

DBoys

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
What can I say I'm a Landry disciple and think all teams are very capable of beating you. When he had his coaches’ show he would talk about the upcoming opponent and by the time he was done he had convinced you this team was the best damn team in the NFL. LOL

Hehe I totally agree with you Dooms on being careful not to overlook a team. I just think people are giving the Giants to much credit.

Reaction score
Gordon said:
This game is a big test, especially for the defense. This game, in my opinion, tells us whether we're a team that goes deep into the play-offs, or an 8-8/9-7 team. I remember the Giants whooping us at Texas Stadium last year when we were 2-1, I believe, and we all know how the rest of the season went. Yes, we were a much different team, but so were the Giants.

I think the Giants match up better with us than the Eagles did, so we're definitely in for a dogfight. They have a very similar offense as far as weapons, a very good TE, 2 good WR's (to the Eagles 1 awesome WR), and a RB capable of catching the ball and making a play with it. Only difference I see is that their RB can run the ball with consistency, and has done a number on us for years. Eli is elevating himself to become a very good QB and I don't think it's a stretch to say that he's just as dangerous as a banged up McNabb.

Everyone here knows we'll move the ball, and we'll score our fair sharte of points on their defense, I'm just worried about or defense against their offense. You'd be fooling yourself if you think we'll hold them to 3 points like we did the Eagles. I'd be satisfied holding them to 24, honestly.

Well said Sir. No way in hell is this game going to be a cakewalk. The G-men have the highest scoring offense in the league. They've always played us tough - even during our gravy years all the way back into the 70's - giant's games have almost always been a challenge.

How we play this game will be a benchmark for the rest of the season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Hehe I totally agree with you Dooms on being careful not to overlook a team. I just think people are giving the Giants to much credit.

I don't. I understand who they have played but right now all I see in a 3-1 mark and the fact they have something I want and that is 1st place in the NFC East. I think if Dallas comes out and plays well then we can beat them but the Giants are not going to lay down for us and I expect to get their best this Sunday.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Boy's fan in Giant land said:
Well said Sir. No way in hell is this game going to be a cakewalk. The G-men have the highest scoring offense in the league. They've always played us tough - even during our gravy years all the way back into the 70's - giant's games have almost always been a challenge.

How we play this game will be a benchmark for the rest of the season.

They do have the highest points average in the league. Of course the three teams they beat have given up an AVERAGE of 26 pts per game (if you take the Giants game out of their schedule), so I guess scoring on them isn't quite as impressive in that light as it would be otherwise. Right now we're giving up an average of 20 pts per game, with 3 of our 5 games having been on the road - our average in Texas Stadium is 12 ppg. I'd say our D is just a touch better than those fielded by the Saints, Cards and Rams, particularly when playing in Irving.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
I agree, I don't think the Giants should be looked at as some easy victory, Dallas will have to play some good football if we are to get a win.

You be they won't be easy. They could come in and shell us just like we did the Eagles yesterday. Our secondary will need to be at the top of its game come Sunday.

ghst187

Reaction score
Gordon said:
Yeah, all Skins fans are going nuts about the officiating. I actually saw a screen shot of the long Tatum Bell TD, and there was a blatant block in the back that went uncalled and sprung TB for the TD. Oh well, I'm not complaining :)

http://img448.*************/img448/9434/back4jw.png

that wasn't nearly as bad as it looks in that picture, i believe he had engaged the foreskin player from the front or side at first.
They should show a screenshot of the defensive holding call on 4th down that kept their last TD drive alive, it was ridiculous.
Always an excuse.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
They have played well but until they beat a real team i ain't impressed. Should be a big day for Witten as I expect the Giants D who have been awful to pay a lot of attention to Glenn. Witten will show he is a better TE than overrated Shockey