nyc's song of the day

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I didn't realize embedding was disabled on that one. Here is another.

[youtube]SqZNMvIEHhs[/youtube]

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now there is a song I have not heard in a very long time. I didn't realize there was a video for it either.

Thanks for posting this.

PM me the adult version. :D

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
On This Day in History...US Congress Adopts the Stars and Stripes...

During the American Revolution, the Continental Congress adopts a resolution stating that "the flag of the United States be thirteen alternate stripes red and white" and that "the Union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new Constellation." The national flag, which became known as the "Stars and Stripes," was based on the "Grand Union" flag, a banner carried by the Continental Army in 1776 that also consisted of 13 red and white stripes. According to legend, Philadelphia seamstress Betsy Ross designed the new canton for the Stars and Stripes, which consisted of a circle of 13 stars and a blue background, at the request of General George Washington. Historians have been unable to conclusively prove or disprove this legend.

[youtube]malnd19Ttyk[/youtube]

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
On June 14, 1998, Michael Jordan leads the Chicago Bulls to an 87-86 win over the Utah Jazz in Game Six of the NBA Finals to clinch their third consecutive NBA title. Jordan scored 45 points and hit the winning jump shot with 5.2 seconds left on the clock in what seemed a fitting end to a historic career.

[youtube]b0AGiq9j_Ak[/youtube]

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
On This Day in History...
On this day in 1776, the Assembly of the Lower Counties of Pennsylvania declares itself independent of British and Pennsylvanian authority, thereby creating the state of Delaware.
Delaware did not exist as a colony under British rule. As of 1704, Pennsylvania had two colonial assemblies: one for the "Upper Counties," originally Bucks, Chester and Philadelphia, and one for the "Lower Counties on the Delaware" of New Castle, Kent and Sussex. All of the counties shared one governor.

Let's hear from one of Deleware's own........George Thorogood and the Deleware Destroyers

[youtube]9Ow8dUNFdgo[/youtube]

[youtube]mAcBCGOdDTo&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]XjZCtMg_j04&feature=related[/youtube]

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
On this day in 1986, driving legend Richard Petty makes the 1,000th start of his National Association for Stock Car Racing (NASCAR) career, in the Miller American 400 in Brooklyn, Michigan. He became the first driver in NASCAR history to log 1,000 career starts.

[youtube]a5T5qDRxbpM[/youtube]

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
On This Day in History....
On this day in 1884, the first roller coaster in America opens at Coney Island, in Brooklyn, New York. Known as a switchback railway, it was the brainchild of LaMarcus Thompson, traveled approximately six miles per hour and cost a nickel to ride. The new entertainment was an instant success and by the turn of the century there were hundreds of roller coasters around the country.

[youtube]4-lbIfaqm0U[/youtube]

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I was going to post another song, but this one came up on my playlist just before posting. This is one of my favorite Metallica songs.

[youtube]lI6Ubb7zJI8[/youtube]

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Bob Dylan Records "Like a Rolling Stone"
By the spring of 1965, Bob Dylan's presence in the world of music was beginning to be felt well outside the boundaries of his nominal genre. Within the world of folk music, he had been hailed as a hero for several years already, but now his music was capturing the attention and influencing the direction of artists like the Byrds, the Beatles and even a young Stevie Wonder. With Dylan as a direct inspiration, popular music was about to change its direction, but so was Dylan himself. On June 16, 1965, on their second day of recording at Columbia Records' Studio A in Manhattan, he and a band featuring electric guitars and an organ laid down the master take of the song that would announce that change: "Like A Rolling Stone." It would prove to be "folksinger" Bob Dylan's magnum opus and, arguably, the greatest rock and roll record of all time.

[youtube]hk3mAX5xdxo[/youtube]

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
On this Day in History....
On this day in 1975, Jaws, a film directed by Steven Spielberg that made countless viewers afraid to go into the water, opens in theaters. The story of a great white shark that terrorizes a New England resort town became an instant blockbuster and the highest-grossing film in movie history until it was bested by 1977's Star Wars. Jaws was nominated for an Academy Award in the Best Picture category and took home three Oscars, for Best Film Editing, Best Original Score and Best Sound. The film, a breakthrough for director Spielberg, then 27 years old, spawned three sequels

[youtube]Riclh7vG5f0[/youtube]

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
This song is because I will be working today. (rack 12 servers that have the crappy rails.) (btw, Dell's Rapid Rails are a godsend, no godsend today though :( )

[youtube]9N2CANatVYQ[/youtube]