NYG QB Daniel Jones misses a receiver by a mile

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Bills wouldn’t have moved on from Taylor and used a top five pick on a QB if they didn’t think he was the problem. So what exactly are you saying, if you started a team you would be fine with Tyrod Taylor as your starting QB?
I told you what I was saying. I straight up told you he’s a solid backup in this league. I can’t make that any clearer. They got Josh Allen because he had a higher ceiling…not sure where the confusion is coming from…..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Slap a "4" on the back of that jersey and you'd swear you were watching Dakota "Toad Hunter" Prescot winging it to another mystery receiver or TE! Dang, Jones and Prescot could be twin brothers from different mothers!
We thought he was a toad the last 5 years wait till this coming season when he blossoms into KING TOAD.......throws like this are very common under Dak friendly!
apNy2pp_460s.jpg
:(

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I told you what I was saying. I straight up told you he’s a solid backup in this league. I can’t make that any clearer. They got Josh Allen because he had a higher ceiling…not sure where the confusion is coming from…..

You never said anything about him being a solid “backup” until now or we wouldn’t still be arguing this. You said you liked him and started apologizing for his play blaming his struggles on the teams he played for. You gave the impression he’s a good starting QB. After Buffalo dumped him and used a top 5 pick on Allen he went to San Diego and they dumped him after a couple of seasons and used a top 5 pick on Justin Herbert. If you’re now saying Taylor is a solid backup QB then we agree.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They got Allen cause they wanted to compete and maybe win a SB.
One day we will dish the Tyler=Dak and hopefully find our Allen.....and compete where it counts!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m just saying the caliber he is.

Go back and look at his talent in Buffalo. Wasn’t working with much.
He had Sammy Watkins when he was still good and Robert Woods. They also spent alot on Charles Clay. Was pretty telling for Taylor that Woods broke out once leaving Buffalo

Big_D

Reaction score
Great post. I am of the same opinion. People come to way too quick opinions taking nothing into consideration. I think Jones is a halfway decent QB. But I can never understand why they took him 6th overall. That was stupid. They could have drafted him with their late first round pick.

Gettleman didn’t seem like the sharpest. They were desperate and definitely overdrafted Jones because of it. Very stupid!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You never said anything about him being a solid “backup” until now or we wouldn’t still be arguing this. You said you liked him and started apologizing for his play blaming his struggles on the teams he played for. You gave the impression he’s a good starting QB. After Buffalo dumped him and used a top 5 pick on Allen he went to San Diego and they dumped him after a couple of seasons and used a top 5 pick on Justin Herbert. If you’re now saying Taylor is a solid backup QB then we agree.
So you don’t remember me saying he’s the caliber of Flacco, Foles and other backup qbs? Did you not reply to that post? Teams replacing him for better quarterbacks…not sure what you are trying to prove. He’s a solid quarterback. Teams are using him until their rookie comes along.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They got Allen cause they wanted to compete and maybe win a SB.
One day we will dish the Tyler=Dak and hopefully find our Allen.....and compete where it counts!
Well they haven’t won anything with him have they? Only thing Dak and Tyrod have in common is they have black hair…

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He had Sammy Watkins when he was still good and Robert Woods. They also spent alot on Charles Clay. Was pretty telling for Taylor that Woods broke out once leaving Buffalo
That makes no sense. So Watkins balled out with Tyrod but Woods didn’t do it was his fault? Mind you he had Jared Goff throwing him the ball lol. Robert Woods is what happens when you get a real offensive coordinator in McVey.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you don’t remember me saying he’s the caliber of Flacco, Foles and other backup qbs? Did you not reply to that post? Teams replacing him for better quarterbacks…not sure what you are trying to prove. He’s a solid quarterback. Teams are using him until their rookie comes along.

I remember that post, you said he’s in the category of Teddy Bridgewater, Foles, Flacco and Case Keenum. However, you continue to say he’s a solid QB and he isn’t! Joe Flacco was a solid QB for a number of years before he got benched. Bridgewater and the other QBs you mentioned were never solid which is why teams move on from them. A “solid” QB is a starting caliber QB and Tyrod Taylor is not a starting caliber QB….period!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well they haven’t won anything with him have they? Only thing Dak and Tyrod have in common is they have black hair…
I consider both of them back up's in the best case scenario.
Wait for this coming season and Dak's flaws will convince even some of your Dak blind......:omg:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That makes no sense. So Watkins balled out with Tyrod but Woods didn’t do it was his fault? Mind you he had Jared Goff throwing him the ball lol. Robert Woods is what happens when you get a real offensive coordinator in McVey.
Watkins balled put because he was exceptionally talented. Ability has never his problem. Health was. Buffalo was never going to be able to fully use Woods or Clay with Taylor as their QB because he didn't have the arm to thrownin tight windows. That was the book on Taylor after his first year starting. If someone didn't get open between 7-15, there was a play to make and he had to check down. Trust me, Taylor is garbage. Ive watched more Bills football than I ever wanted to lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I remember that post, you said he’s in the category of Teddy Bridgewater, Foles, Flacco and Case Keenum. However, you continue to say he’s a solid QB and he isn’t! Joe Flacco was a solid QB for a number of years before he got benched. Bridgewater and the other QBs you mentioned were never solid which is why teams move on from them. A “solid” QB is a starting caliber QB and Tyrod Taylor is not a starting caliber QB….period!
That's your defintion of a solid QB. I think Nick Foles is a solid QB.

Bridgewater is solid. Dak Prescott is above solid. Patrick Mahomes is a great QB. Sorry my tiers aren't' as black and white as yours are. And that's ok. But i'm sitting here telling you what caliber of a QB he is and you're arguing about the word "solid"....really?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I consider both of them back up's in the best case scenario.
Wait for this coming season and Dak's flaws will convince even some of your Dak blind......:omg:
Even if you believed that.....no one in their right mind thinks Dak and Tyrod are of the same caliber. You're just saying stupid stuff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Watkins balled put because he was exceptionally talented. Ability has never his problem. Health was. Buffalo was never going to be able to fully use Woods or Clay with Taylor as their QB because he didn't have the arm to thrownin tight windows. That was the book on Taylor after his first year starting. If someone didn't get open between 7-15, there was a play to make and he had to check down. Trust me, Taylor is garbage. Ive watched more Bills football than I ever wanted to lol
That's your opinion. Like I said, he's a solid backup in this league. If you want to argue he's garbage have at it. I don't think either one of us have seen enough of him to make the claim he's "garbage".

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's your opinion. Like I said, he's a solid backup in this league. If you want to argue he's garbage have at it. I don't think either one of us have seen enough of him to make the claim he's "garbage".
Dude I live in WNY. Ive watched at least 30 of starts in Buffalo. Trust me, Ive seen enough of Tyrod. He is a check down QB with cant fit the ball into tight windowns and cant throw downfield accurately.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's your defintion of a solid QB. I think Nick Foles is a solid QB.

Bridgewater is solid. Dak Prescott is above solid. Patrick Mahomes is a great QB. Sorry my tiers aren't' as black and white as yours are. And that's ok. But i'm sitting here telling you what caliber of a QB he is and you're arguing about the word "solid"....really?

If you think Nick Foles and Bridgewater are solid QBs than our definition of “solid” is very different. Nick Foles was solid during the 2017 playoffs and Super Bowl. Solid QBs aren’t inconsistent and don’t bounce around the league. They’re not backup QBs carrying clipboards. You can continue to carry on but I’m not wasting anymore time with this.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you think Nick Foles and Bridgewater are solid QBs than our definition of “solid” is very different. Nick Foles was solid during the 2017 playoffs and Super Bowl. Solid QBs aren’t inconsistent and don’t bounce around the league. They’re not backup QBs carrying clipboards. You can continue to carry on but I’m not wasting anymore time with this.

I think you're making too much out of the word solid. It's just a figure of speech to describe a backup that isn't garbage.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think you're making too much out of the word solid. It's just a figure of speech to describe a backup that isn't garbage.

That’s your definition. My definition of “Solid” is a consistent starting QB who’s good to very good but isn’t great.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if you believed that.....no one in their right mind thinks Dak and Tyrod are of the same caliber. You're just saying stupid stuff.
You are under the Delision a lot of our fans have just because he wears the Star we overate them to the core.
What has Dak done with that loaded rosters in the last 6 seasons that Taylor couldn't do......1 playoff win hmmmm I personally feel he could pull that off esp in 2016.
Patience 30 days from now give or take your Poster boy will show all of America that Jerry and the Cowboy fan base got bamboozled !!!