O.J. Howard reportedly on trade market

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Dump Schultz...only time I ever hear his name being called is by the ref for either holding, block in the back or a personal foul for hands to the face. Upgrade please.

Flamma

Reaction score
Would love to see a deal made for him. A 5th or less make the deal Asap

I don't think anyone's getting him for less than a 2nd rounder.

Jarwin is a solid player. We are doing his development a disservice by playing Witten so much.

I like Jarwin, but unfortunately Witten is the better TE right now. He still finding ways to get open even at a sloth's pace.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's getting him for less than a 2nd rounder.

I like Jarwin, but unfortunately Witten is the better TE right now. He still finding ways to get open even at a sloth's pace.
Agreed i would try to throw them jarwin and a 3rd or 4th

quickccc

Reaction score
Solid TE, but Arians' and Leftwich's system doesn't place much emphasis on the position.

Besides, we like our guys.

that's what i'm wondering. How much of it could be Howards' flaws? , how much of it is a scheme or even QB issue ?
that's two offensive systems Dirk Kottener (sp) and now Bruce Arians' and the same starting QB (Winston) where Howards has not flourished under
since entering the NFL per his pre-draft status.

We already know he is a helluva athlete, he's not a one track pony and has considerable skill set as a former highly regarded 1st round pick coming out of Bama'.
But frankly we are not going to get him dirt cheap. We're gonna have to give up at least a 2nd to 3rd round pick I would think..

quickccc

Reaction score
But we'd have to resolve this Witten situation first, Witt is still going to want to continue playing, and this team is so much in worship of him that they will let him continue to
play however he wants to.
I recall hearing Witten won't be a progress stopper, he won't impede in taking valuable reps away from the more athletic, swifter Jarwin, he may only be involved in 25 snaps per game, etc. etc.

But when all said and done, it has been just as some predicted, Witt is going to come back, and because of his experience, this coaching staff is going to want to cling and entrust in him only
and we will only see Jarwin in few selective spots and occasions.
I hope I am really wrong, but I don't ever see us prioritizing a starting TE high in the draft and definitely not trading a high pick for one...until Witt finally retires - and stays retired.