Observations from the big Win!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Dak obviously has an NFL arm to make all the throws but his head is the problem. He's frightful by nature to make mistakes. Something the coaches have GOT TO GET OUT OF HIS HEAD. Trust yourself and trust in QBing and let it fly.
Against the Giants he did throw into tight windows and he threw 4 long balls. The receivers need to give Dak more room on the long ball down the sideline. They are allowing the CB to pin them against the sideline. This forces Dak to make a perfect throw.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Against the Giants he did throw into tight windows and he threw 4 long balls. The receivers need to give Dak more room on the long ball down the sideline. They are allowing the CB to pin them against the sideline. This forces Dak to make a perfect throw.
And what’s wrong with expecting a qb to make aperfect throw...did you see cousmean Hs this weekend? Did you see russel Wilson td pass last night? Pro qbs should be able to throw to a guy that doesn’t have five yards of space between him and the dB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Well, Jacksonville for one. Blake Bortles passed for less than 200 yards 7 out of 16 games last year. But yes, if Dak goes 16 games this year with less than 200 yards, this team won't go anywhere. But the problem is he has for passed for more than 200 yards, 8 times last year and 12 of 15 in 2016, so to say he can't consistently isn't borne by the facts.

By the way, the 2005 Steelers were not on par with the 1985 Bears nor the 2000 Ravens. They were a very good defense, but not otherworldly (4th ranked by Points Allowed and Total Yards Allowed).
And is Jacksonville’s defense just ok? You can get away with that crap if your defense is elite.....is ours? I’m actually starting to think we could be.... but we need six to seven games to make that claim.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Thats the dumbest Thing ive read here in a while. Im not supposed to start on QB for the Dallas Cowboys and want to earn Million with it.

Apparently a lot of QBs have way worse O-Lines but can get it done with their Arm.

In your logic i could say why doesnt he or you do my Job everyday from 8-6 and be responsible for 100 workers. I bet you wouldnt be so smug come Monday.
Ever lead a company, squad or platoon of marines? Didn't think so, bet me your 8 to 6 would be a cake walk compared to doing so. my point was it's damn easy to be a Monday arm chair QB, so stop acting butt hurt over it. if it doesn't fit, then you don't need to wear it.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
And what’s wrong with expecting a qb to make aperfect throw...did you see cousmean Hs this weekend? Did you see russel Wilson td pass last night? Pro qbs should be able to throw to a guy that doesn’t have five yards of space between him and the dB.
Did you see Dak. He did throw some perfect passes including the long ball to Austin. Also, if our receivers don’t let themselves get pinned against the side line on the long pass, it makes it much easier for THEM to make the catch in bounds. Those long incompletions are on the receivers too. Complaining about Dak’s accuracy in this game is agenda driven. What is your agenda?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yes, it's a serious question. Frankly, I don't care if he throws for more 200, 300 or 400 yards, what I care about is does he perform within the context of the offensive scheme and do the Cowboys win in that situation. That was the case last night.

Ben Roethlisberger in 2005 had 8 of his games with less than 200 yards (one with 93 which they won), including the Super Bowl with a whopping 123 on 9 of 21 (5.9 YPA), which they won. I asked about Andrew Luck because he was 21 of 31 yesterday for 179 which is a 5.8 YPA.

Finally, your snarky Dak "apologist" accusation is way off base. I've been very realistic about Dak - he's a 3rd year QB that was drafted in the 4th round and was not envisioned to be starting. I've seen enough in the first 2 years to think he could be the QB for the next decade and enough to say that he may not be. This year will provide clarity, but it won't be based on whether he is a fantasy football stud, but whether he progresses in decision making and being able to consistently adjust play-call and protection schemes, and not turn the ball over excessively. Oh, and ultimately, that the team wins with him.
Someone who looks at more than just statistics to judge a QB. Common Sense, is not as common as it use to be!!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Tavon pass was definitely a confidence booster. I think that was in the coaches' minds as much as sending a signal to the Giants. You, as a coach, have to have confidence that Dak can deliver if you're going to make that call. That was as close to perfect a pass as I've seen delivered. Like the Rico pass, which I could tell was way overthrown almost from the moment he let it go, I could tell the Tavon pass was spot on before it had traveled 1/4 of the way.

I'm nervous about the Seattle game. They're a desperate team now down 2 games in their Division after 2 games playing in their home opener. I always fear team's home openers. I was concerned about Denver last year (but certainly didn't see the totally inept debacle that it ultimately was) and Carolina this year. I don't know if you watched the Chicago~Seattle game last night, but there was some intensity on defense that bordered on personal foul territory. Dallas is going to have to match that intensity. Dallas will have to play old-school NFCE smash-mouth offensively and not let Wilson do what Wilson does best - scramble and improvise.
I agree, Tavon pass was definitely a confidence booster. It is what dak needed desperately.
It was not the usual on the sideline type pass , which I hate, madden always said stay away from the sideline, but JG loves it.

playing in their home opener......Hmmm that could be a factor, because the fans will be loud in the first game, and it is the cowboys.
I had not thought about that.
I play the yahoo pickem game do you play that? pick all games each week . Just people from here playing.
The link wont post here, but yahoo fantasy football, and
Group ID# 25150
Also just for fun game here, so I have to pick the winner, and right now I dont know which one to pick.
I want dallas to win for sure, and I think they can, but will they??
I havent seen the Chicago~Seattle game, so will watch that on gp and and see what you mean by intensity on defense.

I think both teams are similar, right now, good defense and not so good on offense . but seattle does have home field advantage and
they are desperate for a win.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Someone who looks at more than just statistics to judge a QB. Common Sense, is not as common as it use to be!!!
most will find stats to prove what they already think.

The only pass that I didnt like by dak in this last game was overthrowing rico badly in the endzone.
I think he was pressured and made a quick throw, but he needs to do better than that.
but the main thing this game was running by dak, I think he needs to do that every game .

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
The 200 or more yards metric is funny.

A qb with 201 yards per game is not going to win substantially more games than a qb with 199 yards per game.

Play to win, doesn’t matter if it’s 5 or 500 yards per game.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Did you see Dak. He did throw some perfect passes including the long ball to Austin. Also, if our receivers don’t let themselves get pinned against the side line on the long pass, it makes it much easier for THEM to make the catch in bounds. Those long incompletions are on the receivers too. Complaining about Dak’s accuracy in this game is agenda driven. What is your agenda?
Agenda? anAgenda is when you do things with an end game in your sights. You think my end game is for the Cowboys to replace Dak>>???? like I have any say so. I have no agenda. The ball that was caught out of bounds had to do with where the ball was thrown, not where the receiver was at.

Forget anything to do with subjectivity. Lets look at FACTS.

Dallas has the 30th ranked offense at 14 pts per game

30th ranked pass offense

. Below 200 yards passing n both games this year.
Going back to last season, how many sub 200 yard games in the last 10??? I read it in here... the numbers do not lie. You can try to twist the numbers all you want, but the top qbs throw for below 200 yards every once in a while... Dak does it consistently. Yes, the Ball to Austin was perfect... one pass out of 90 is an outlier.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
most will find stats to prove what they already think.

The only pass that I didnt like by dak in this last game was overthrowing rico badly in the endzone.
I think he was pressured and made a quick throw, but he needs to do better than that.
but the main thing this game was running by dak, I think he needs to do that every game .

Its not the passes he made that was so bad, its the passes he doesnt make that is the issue.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Its not the passes he made that was so bad, its the passes he doesnt make that is the issue.
all qb's make bad throws, that is why they dont have but 65% completions.
He needs to do better , I agree, and I hope he keeps running, because that is part of his skill set that they were not using ,

kramskoi

Reaction score
And is Jacksonville’s defense just ok? You can get away with that crap if your defense is elite.....is ours? I’m actually starting to think we could be.... but we need six to seven games to make that claim.
This. I'm not ready to call the Dallas defense elite. We've been prematurely sold that bill of goods too many times under Marinelli and I still don't think the back end is sufficiently manned (free safety). The real question to ask at present is can Prescott succeed in spite of line play that won't match 2016...and perhaps not even last year. If the Dallas defense has truly turned a corner, we should know by around mid-season and toward turkey day. They looked good against the Giants, but how good are the Giants actually going to be this year? Their offense looks completely impotent even with OBJ and Barkley.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
what is your agenda? complaining about Dak's accuracy is fact driven.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
1. Tavon Austin - I can't remember last time Dallas had receiver with this kind of burst. Mismatch on field. I watched Jenkins (NYG CB) shut down Dez for years. Austin made him look like small child on skates for 1st time. He starts from here on out.

2. Dorance Armstrong - First time I have seen rookie DE bull-rush OL like he was channeling Reggie White. If he adds a move or two I think he can be as good as Tank within few years. Freakish strength for rookie.

3. TEs - please leave me alone. Dress none of them next week except for Rico.

4. Dak - wasn't great but much improved. Clear to me he needs to involve his legs to balance out other deficiencies. If he can somehow get onto roll this is dangerous team with great RB and improving D.

5. Defense. Offenses look like they are in mud trying to move ball on this defense. Might have reached tipping point of Dallas defense being more talented than most of offenses they will face.

7. Taco. Might be most improved player on this team. First time I saw him in TC (last year) you could see how dangerous he could become if he added strength. You now have player who might have longest reach in NFL who is getting taste of QB sacks. Early in his development and could get considerably better.

Thank you for this. I needed an update.