OC candidates and our reactions

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
We need to calm down a bit on our reactions. There are very good coaches who never played in the NFL or were not great players.

Each potential coordinator that is thrown out has been attacked. There are guys that are believed to be solid candidates because what they do behind the scenes vs what we know. Heck Sean Mcvay was at the skins would any of us been excited about him before he took over the rams? Would we consider them a great source for high flying offenses?

There could be a great mind that is going to do amazing things here in Dallas. Can we at least have an open mind toward them?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as they do not promote Moore, and not sure about Nussmier.
They need some one from the outside that has new and fresh ideas. Get rid of some of the dumb plays, or not call them as much.
Be creative and unpredictable at times.

I don't think I attacked any of the names, except the one main one I mentioned above. Moore. Let him stay and learn more at this point. Not be gifted it as our HC was.
I guess I may be ok with Nussmier, but just seems it will be the same basic stuff. But would have to wait and see. At least he has called plays before at Alabama.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I think we should all just take a moment to point and laugh at the Commanders for letting both McVay and Shanahan get away.

Matt LeFleur was also there, and he's now a promising HC of the Packers.

Ha. Commanders suck.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need to calm down a bit on our reactions. There are very good coaches who never played in the NFL or were not great players.

Each potential coordinator that is thrown out has been attacked. There are guys that are believed to be solid candidates because what they do behind the scenes vs what we know. Heck Sean Mcvay was at the skins would any of us been excited about him before he took over the rams? Would we consider them a great source for high flying offenses?

There could be a great mind that is going to do amazing things here in Dallas. Can we at least have an open mind toward them?
yup no one will be happy they cant wait to gripe and complain..its tiresome..they know if its not their guy it and instant failure..ridiculous..

Pants

Reaction score
I am going to attack anyone that

A) is a current coach of the Cowboys named Moore of Nussmeir (sp?) - no experience yet to be the OC and they likely will be a puppet to Garrett which makes them a puppet's puppet?
B) was successful in the 1990's but not since and/or runs a 1990's style offense

I am ALL IN on getting a fresh new mind like a lincoln Riley or something like that...

blueblood70

Reaction score
As long as they do not promote Moore, and not sure about Nussmier.
They need some one from the outside that has new and fresh ideas. Get rid of some of the dumb plays, or not call them as much.
Be creative and unpredictable at times.

I don't think I attacked any of the names, except the one main one I mentioned above. Moore. Let him stay and learn more at this point. Not be gifted it as our HC was.
I guess I may be ok with Nussmier, but just seems it will be the same basic stuff. But would have to wait and see. At least he has called plays before at Alabama.
if they doi you deleting your account and never watching another cowboys game? who cares maybe Moore/Nussimier is better then we know, have you ever seen him call plays, for this team, gven a shot at correcting issues they do know about.they know what went wrong last year, maybe they can put together a plan to do it better.? not one and I mean one person here knows squat and for sure can not tell the future or hapf our team would never had been drafted or kept long enough to develop..everyones quick to call it a failure before they let things play out..leesons should have been learned when we went from 3-5 and for sure were doomed ahh but we weren't and all thise calling Amari a bad pickup, ahh but he wasn't all those that wanted ANYONE besides Bobby Carpenter 2.0 ie LVE, he was bust from jump street, ahh but he wasn't, those that did Jaylon should never had been picked, they were wrong, he was worth the wait..too mahy things to list about the masses on CZ that were flat egg on their face crow eating wrong..

lets just let the football people take care of that and we as fans just have some hope for 2019 with already proclaiming it total failure..

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
We need a new scheme! Please say we're not shackled with this stupid system forever because Garrett is familiar with it. Garrett needs embrace change and implement a new offensive system that fits Dak! Get us some RPOs, timing routes, slants, picks, zone floods, screens - all the things we can't seem to do. We need someone from outside the organization to come in and blow our socks off! Dak can be great, but not in this stupid system. If we're going to sign Dak long-term, then Garrett needs to suck it up and do what is right for Dak and the team!

Go Cowboys!

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
if they doi you deleting your account and never watching another cowboys game? who cares maybe Moore/Nussimier is better then we know, have you ever seen him call plays, for this team, gven a shot at correcting issues they do know about.they know what went wrong last year, maybe they can put together a plan to do it better.? not one and I mean one person here knows squat and for sure can not tell the future or hapf our team would never had been drafted or kept long enough to develop..everyones quick to call it a failure before they let things play out..leesons should have been learned when we went from 3-5 and for sure were doomed ahh but we weren't and all thise calling Amari a bad pickup, ahh but he wasn't all those that wanted ANYONE besides Bobby Carpenter 2.0 ie LVE, he was bust from jump street, ahh but he wasn't, those that did Jaylon should never had been picked, they were wrong, he was worth the wait..too mahy things to list about the masses on CZ that were flat egg on their face crow eating wrong..

lets just let the football people take care of that and we as fans just have some hope for 2019 with already proclaiming it total failure..
You mean trust in the football brain trust that havent been in a championship game for over 20 years? Sounds like a great idea.

Go cowboys

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Bet they go full Parcells. They name Moore the passing game coordinator, Nussmeier the run game coordinator, and you don't know who the heck is actually calling the plays. Cowboyszone won't know who to make the whipping boy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You mean trust in the football brain trust that havent been in a championship game for over 20 years? Sounds like a great idea.

Go cowboys
see hers one, yes they know 100X more them us , the do your opinion means nothing and until you find 5 billion to run your own team I suggest you might hold your judgment and look in the mirror.. the same guy did win more trophy's in 5 years then the previous ownership in 35, so give the me time frames id say that he know more then you.. yes it was Jerry who bought the team, hired Jimmy , hired everyone and paid for the salary's to win those..dont give me the crap about Jimmy did it all alone because he did SQUAT at Miami Dolphins after he left..

you fans are the worst, know it alls for a business you've never ran..right :rolleyes:

BTW there are teams that have never won a sb, some that took 60years to win one, and many teams that having losing records for their all time history..outside of NE there are many teams that wish they were the Cowboy's and at least put product on the field good enough to make the playoffs nearly every year..

enjoy living in your own head because you have zero effect on what happens with the cowboys and dont know anything about running a Pro Football team..

Happy Sunday..

lonestar2288

Reaction score
Everyone from players to fans and even the competition has made a point to call the offense manilla, outdated, and easily read. With that being said, why promote from within if it means the foundation stays the same? Build from scratch, hopefully with innovation and the ability to use the strength of the players, not forcing them to fit the play. Being able to adjust on the fly is imperative as well. IMPO, you need to go outside the organization to find that

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I think we should all just take a moment to point and laugh at the Commanders for letting both McVay and Shanahan get away.

Ha. Commanders suck.

Commanders HC, Jay Gruden lineage now has 3 NFL Head Coaches under his coaching umbrella....one coaching in the NFC Championship.....

How many does Jason Garrett have.......ZERO... there all at the unemployment office.

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
We need a new scheme! Please say we're not shackled with this stupid system forever because Garrett is familiar with it. Garrett needs embrace change and implement a new offensive system that fits Dak! Get us some RPOs, timing routes, slants, picks, zone floods, screens - all the things we can't seem to do. We need someone from outside the organization to come in and blow our socks off! Dak can be great, but not in this stupid system. If we're going to sign Dak long-term, then Garrett needs to suck it up and do what is right for Dak and the team!

Go Cowboys!

This. Times infinity but with a different QB. And then again some more. I would go with all these suggestions regarding scheme, play calling and coach selection with my eye on drafting a QB in the 1st round of 2020.

In other words, everything you said but with a different QB.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Ha. Commanders suck.

:muttley: add how they screwed the Cousins/franchise thing, all you can do laugh.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
see hers one, yes they know 100X more them us , the do your opinion means nothing and until you find 5 billion to run your own team I suggest you might hold your judgment and look in the mirror.. the same guy did win more trophy's in 5 years then the previous ownership in 35, so give the me time frames id say that he know more then you.. yes it was Jerry who bought the team, hired Jimmy , hired everyone and paid for the salary's to win those..dont give me the crap about Jimmy did it all alone because he did SQUAT at Miami Dolphins after he left..

you fans are the worst, know it alls for a business you've never ran..right :rolleyes:

BTW there are teams that have never won a sb, some that took 60years to win one, and many teams that having losing records for their all time history..outside of NE there are many teams that wish they were the Cowboy's and at least put product on the field good enough to make the playoffs nearly every year..

enjoy living in your own head because you have zero effect on what happens with the cowboys and dont know anything about running a Pro Football team..

Happy Sunday..
And you just drink it all up. 20 plus years of not winning and you believe in every move they make
Who is the clueless one here?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bet they go full Parcells. They name Moore the passing game coordinator, Nussmeier the run game coordinator, and you don't know who the heck is actually calling the plays. Cowboyszone won't know who to make the whipping boy.

So they would use a ventriloquist to call plays so nobody could see his lips moving?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ha. Commanders suck.

You know.... this is a really good point. Hahahhahahah!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Commanders HC, Jay Gruden lineage now has 3 NFL Head Coaches under his coaching umbrella....one coaching in the NFC Championship.....

How many does Jason Garrett have.......ZERO... there all at the unemployment office.

That's primarily a function of Garrett's OCs and DCs being established coaches who either already had their shot at being a head coach (Marinelli, Callahan, Linehan) or fat loudmouths who didn't project HC image.

Never mind that two Garrett coached just had numerous HC interviews.