OchoCinco apologizes to Dak Prescott

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That’s not necessarily true, it could be they want to see if Dak can carry a team like other high end QBs do,
I just struggle to see that as what the Cowboys are doing. If Jerry wants to test Dak this season why would Dak want to come back? If he does overcome the odds, get a couple playoff wins, maybe even an MVP or at least in the voting again why would he not explore the free agency market next offseason? $60M per year would be a laughable offer for him at that point.

Big_D

Reaction score
He should apologize to every player for the last 30 years because garbage ownership simply doesn't care to win anything... unless it's their way??? lol Which essentially means they don't want to win. Here we are. Time to "win with less". Now that's just sad. Every player should be looking to jump ship as soon as they can.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Held SF to 19 points.

Your hero Dak could only muster 12.

Been over this before KJJ.
That’s the only playoff game since Dak has been here where the defense played well enough to win. That loss was on Dak who was awful. I’m no Dak homer but who can we get that’s better? Yes, I’ve been over this many times and fans want to move on from him without having a solid answer to replace him. You fans that pin every playoff loss on him are blinded by your dislike for him. We’re going to struggle in the playoffs regardless the QB if we can’t run the ball and our defense continues to play like crap. No QB is going to be able to overcome our defensive performance against GB.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Since 2018 and that Rams game we have struggled to both run and stop the run in the playoffs.

If I was the GM I would consider changing that.
And this has what to do with the offense going comatose and literally hanging the defense out to dry? Yea this defense is weak against the run. It was also dinged up quite a bit but hey no excuse for that. Naw, we only defend mediocre QB's that crap the bed.

Brax

Reaction score
I just struggle to see that as what the Cowboys are doing. If Jerry wants to test Dak this season why would Dak want to come back? If he does overcome the odds, get a couple playoff wins, maybe even an MVP or at least in the voting again why would he not explore the free agency market next offseason? $60M per year would be a laughable offer for him at that point.
I just put out a different view, and I hope that is what Jerry does, I still think Dak gets extended sad as that is. There’s a lot of money to made outside of football when you are the DC qb. I hope Dak wants to be a FA but he’s good with a bag of Jerry’s money, winning isn’t everything when you have the bag

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
He hasn’t had the support of a consistent running game or defense in the playoffs. Nothing has routinely crapped the bed in the playoffs like our defense.
He had better support than most of the QBs , remember all Dak friendly things in the last few years. The D played a good game in 2022 playoff game against SF , it’s he and the offense crapped the bed.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I just put out a different view, and I hope that is what Jerry does, I still think Dak gets extended sad as that is. There’s a lot of money to made outside of football when you are the DC qb. I hope Dak wants to be a FA but he’s good with a bag of Jerry’s money, winning isn’t everything when you have the bag
Maybe, I just think we are seeing the end of Dak in Dallas. It doesn't make any sense to me from either side do an extension now...unless both sides are prioritizing $$$ when they are both set for the rest of their lives over winning, which is grim to say the least.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Since 2018 and that Rams game we have struggled to both run and stop the run in the playoffs.

If I was the GM I would consider changing that.
That problem is mental. This soft culture of players simply doesn't want to do the hard work when it matters most, and the run game is the most physical. It hurts to tackle running backs. It requires constant effort to open holes for the run game. Why do all that when you have pod casts and personal branding swag to hype?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes because an OL with multiple probowlers and Zeke and Pollard at their peak is “not enough run support” LOL
:facepalm:
He’s had some run support during the regular season which is why we’ve won a lot of games and 4 division titles but he’s had little run support in the playoffs. Zeke had two 100 yard games in the playoffs, against GB in 2016 and against Seattle in 2018. Dak played well in both games. We were tied with GB 30-30 in the closing seconds until our defense choked costing us the game. Against Seattle Zeke’s 137 yards helped lead us to that win.

He never rushed for more than 47 yards in our next 4 playoff games and we ended up 1-3 in those games. Pollards best rushing game in the playoffs was 77 yards in our win against Tampa. He and Zeke combined for 104 yards. In Pollards next 2 playoff games he only combined for 78 yards and we were 0-2. It’s been our lack of a run game and our defense that’s killed us in the playoffs.

CWR

Reaction score
That problem is mental. This soft culture of players simply doesn't want to do the hard work when it matters most, and the run game is the most physical. It hurts to tackle running backs. It requires constant effort to open holes for the run game. Why do all that when you have pod casts and personal branding swag to hype?
Parcells had em running goalline drills day one of camp. Full on, all out battles from the get go. He warned us all about the anointing oil, and here we are anyway. S A W F T.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yes because an OL with multiple probowlers and Zeke and Pollard at their peak is “not enough run support” LOL
:facepalm:
Telling you man, no amount of support for Dak will be enough for these people. Defense holds SF to under 20 - it's not Dak's fault. Defense get's blown out because of his crappy play in the first half against GB - it's not Dak's fault.