Ocyrus, Creed Humphrey, Christian Harris. How do we never learn?

kskboys

Reaction score
Seriously, I don't get it. None of these guys were a secret, not even a little. We taken Schooner, Sam Williams, and Kelvin Joseph.

How? How is this even possible?

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Williams at least made sense when you consider what we had at the time at right DE.

Joseph was supposed to be a massive raw talent that could be molded.

Still scratching my head over the blocking TE whom they immediately tried to make into a receiving TE, when one of the top guards was there for the taking. Would have allowed us to move Tyler Smith to LT, Tyron Smith to swing tackle and our entire OL gets stronger.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Seriously, I don't get it. None of these guys were a secret, not even a little. We taken Schooner, Sam Williams, and Kelvin Joseph.

If we could only explain, yet some claim we have great drafts

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Perhaps there were some in the organization that weren't sure Ferg could do it alone and they needed another TE. Now that Ferg has emerged it looked like a pick not needed.

LysleE

Reaction score
We have a FO who in trying to prove to the other NFL teams how smart and astute they are, only serve to outsmart themselves.
Sadly, the FO hits the mark occasionally, which only reinforces the delusion that they are skilled football personnel evaluators.

Centex

Reaction score
I’ve always thought Jerry Jones wants to be considered to be equal to Gil Brandt and Tex Schramm who discovered small school gems like Cornell Green and Cliff Harris and that is why they draft guys early that no one else has on their radar.

exciter

Reaction score

Torrence had an abysmal pff score of 56 for the season with 6 penalties and 3 sacks with a mobile QB. Considering his feet are like cinder blocks limiting him to man blocking I doubt he was ever a consideration for our predominantly zone scheme.

Williams produced 4 sacks while averaging around 12 snaps a game. Let’s see what he does next year when he’s getting 25-30 before we write him off eh!!!

John813

Reaction score
Only the Kelvin Joseph pick was forced IMO. They had just lost Awuzie to FA, didn't do anything in free agency, shocking I know, and missed out on their top 2 guys in Surtain and Horn in the first.
Dallas saw Diggs look decent one play and burnt the next and the other starter was Anthony Brown.

By round 2 Joseph was a guy they looked past his college red flags. It was obvious they went into the 2021 needing a corner, and taking one high up in the draft.

Sam Williams was an edge player Quinn supposedly was pumping for pre-draft. After 2021 and the turnaround Quinn brought I'd assume the front office was going to let him have say in the grocery shopping.

reddyuta

Reaction score
We would better off if they let the Zone make the picks,last year was worse than the special team draft .

Carter

Reaction score
O'Cyrus is a heavy one position mauler.

Cowboys like "Twitch" and "Flex" guys that are light and can play multiple spots but mostly are never great in any lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score

For some reason the Cowboys take talent gambles at the second pick. Joseph, Williams, and Schoonmaker have high athletic profiles. Joseph and Williams have personality issues while Schoonmaker upside is limited because of age. I am done with Williams but I could see Schoonmaker making a jump next season if he is healthy this offseason.

kskboys

Reaction score
Williams at least made sense when you consider what we had at the time at right DE.

Joseph was supposed to be a massive raw talent that could be molded.

Still scratching my head over the blocking TE whom they immediately tried to make into a receiving TE, when one of the top guards was there for the taking. Would have allowed us to move Tyler Smith to LT, Tyron Smith to swing tackle and our entire OL gets stronger.
Not if you consider what type of prospect he was. Just not a 2nd round pick type. He was purely a traits pick. And we passed on Alabama stud Christian Harris to take him.

Kelvin was a 5-7 round type player.

Bottom line, we overdrafted all 3. For no reason that is discernible.

kskboys

Reaction score
For some reason the Cowboys take talent gambles at the second pick. Joseph, Williams, and Schoonmaker have high athletic profiles. Joseph and Williams have personality issues while Schoonmaker upside is limited because of age. I am done with Williams but I could see Schoonmaker making a jump next season if he is healthy this offseason.
Sure, but we don't need a TE. He's stuck on the bench. How is he even going to take a jump?

kskboys

Reaction score
O'Cyrus is a heavy one position mauler.

Cowboys like "Twitch" and "Flex" guys that are light and can play multiple spots but mostly are never great in any lol
Which is dumb. First should be strength to hold your own.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Sure, but we don't need a TE. He's stuck on the bench. How is he even going to take a jump?
Well both the Packers tight ends looked good in the playoffs against us. :facepalm: Wasn’t Kraft a late round pick?

Sydla

Reaction score

I don't have much of an issue with the Williams pick. And a lot of people here were fine with that pick at the time too.

Williams would have gone pretty soon after 56. Harris didn't go until 75. Not sure how you can get on Dallas for that.

You want to complain about someone, Nick Bonitto was taken like 10 picks later and had 8 sacks last year for the Broncos.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Torrence had an abysmal pff score of 56 for the season with 6 penalties and 3 sacks with a mobile QB. Considering his feet are like cinder blocks limiting him to man blocking I doubt he was ever a consideration for our predominantly zone scheme.

Williams produced 4 sacks while averaging around 12 snaps a game. Let’s see what he does next year when he’s getting 25-30 before we write him off eh!!!
Conversely, our own Tyler Smith tied for the league lead with 13 penalties and 1 sack allowed, also with a mobile quarterback.

exciter

Reaction score
Conversely, our own Tyler Smith tied for the league lead with 13 penalties and 1 sack allowed, also with a mobile quarterback.
Pff of 72… considering the number of penalties can you begin to imagine how dominant he was.
Regardless the scheme flexibility and Torrence’s limitations are the bigger issue!