Twitter: Odds to coach the Jaguars - Kellen Moore 5/1

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore’s star has lost some luster. He may get some interest, but there are so many other NFL people like Byron Leftwich and Eric Bienemy that have paid longer dues and have SB rings as coordinators.

Maybe if KM can help us have a deep playoff run- at least to the nfc championship game- his stock will rise ahead of those guys.
I cannot imagine after the fiasco Khan got with Meyer that he would take a chance on an unproven coach like Kellen Moore.

While a lot of Cowboys fans like Moore, he's had a lot of star players to work with, and when he did not last year, his offense was below average, so it remains to be seen if he is ready or even capable of being a head coach for a team at this point.

I am not bashing Moore as I do think he is a good young coach, but as you said, there are much more proven coaches that I would take over him at this point in his coaching career.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I read an article I think it was on Touchdown Wire where it gave a list and reason why these candidates should be looked at for the job:
Kellen Moore
Bryan Leftwich Bucs OC
Bills OC
Eric Beilamny Chiefs OC
Dan Quinn

Verdict

Reaction score
Funny enough. He may be the right guy to stabilize the organization. You know. Get them dressing right and drafting the RKG.

I would have some degree of confidence that Garrett could get the team to .500 within 3 years and keep them there pretty much indefinitely. If the Jags want mediocrity (which is better than they have had in some time) Garrett might not be a bad hire.

High floor, low ceiling head coach.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cannot imagine after the fiasco Khan got with Meyer that he would take a chance on an unproven coach like Kellen Moore.

While a lot of Cowboys fans like Moore, he's had a lot of star players to work with, and when he did not last year, his offense was below average, so it remains to be seen if he is ready or even capable of being a head coach for a team at this point.

I am not bashing Moore as I do think he is a good young coach, but as you said, there are much more proven coaches that I would take over him at this point in his coaching career.
Many fans watch a coach/coordinator string together a streak of good games and brand him a “genius”.

The real test of an offensive or defensive coordinator is how they adjust when their opponents watch film and begin to take away some of their favorite tendencies. Kellen Moore is still very unproven IMO. He still needs to be proven a really good OC consistently before he’s HC worthy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Moore going home to Boise St. would've been more attractive than going to that mess.

Jags are a mess right now but they also have a very good ownership situation. Khan will make mistakes but he doesn't lean into them like other owners.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Jags are a mess right now but they also have a very good ownership situation. Khan will make mistakes but he doesn't lean into them like other owners.

Jaguars fans sure don't feel that way. All six of them.

fredp22

Reaction score
I just dont get it with the fascination

he wasnt a good qb
he wasnt a good qb coach
he isnt a good OC
he was trained under Garrett

any team that hires him...deserves him

Hoofbite

Reaction score
twtvrjcmp4djppq49iki

Looking at that smile, you can't tell me he isn't trying to decide what side dishes will go nicely with the camera man's liver.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
I read an article I think it was on Touchdown Wire where it gave a list and reason why these candidates should be looked at for the job:
Kellen Moore
Bryan Leftwich Bucs OC
Bills OC
Eric Beilamny Chiefs OC
Dan Quinn

Keep DQ's name out of their mouth....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Great opportunity. No place to go but up. And with potentially a great QB. I’d take it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They can have him. This guy Moore has done NOTHING in this league. Hell it wasn't even that long ago he was actually a QB in this league. So if a team like the Jags want to do something like that which is par for the course with them then go ahead. All Kellen Moore has done is underachieve with a unit who we believe have talent on it. Hell I'd rather hire Quinn he's at least getting the best out of his unit.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I will say one thing, I'm not that concerned about Kellen possibly leaving. He has shown an inability to adapt playcalling for a sputtering offense. Then when he does make adjustments that were successful he goes back to trying the same things.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
The Jags need a leader right now. Someone who can a proper face of the organization, right the media impressions, right the NFL executives views on the team and give stability to the locker room.

Garrett would be a great option for two years. Help develop an o-line, a running game and protect Lawrence with stability and leadership.

After that I would suggest watching out for good up and coming coaches. But right now a steady hand on the rudder would be a good thing for them.