Twitter: Odds to coach the Jaguars - Kellen Moore 5/1

DFWJC

Reaction score
Out of all football teams on planet earth; from middle school to the NFL this is probably the last job I would take.
Lets see….
Middle school for 1k above your teaching salary or
7-8 million a year in Jax
:cool:

ultron

Reaction score
Lets see….
Middle school for 1k above your teaching salary or
7-8 million a year in Jax
:cool:
Money isn’t everything. Look at Urban Meyer for example, he lost his damn mind in less than a year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Moore is light years better than Jason Garrett ever was as an OC and play-caller.

One has Dak and makes him look better than he actually is, the other had Romo, while Garrett’s incompetence was basically the most significant obstacle in the way of any success by the legend that is Romo.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
I have been critical of Mike McCarthy, but I would like for him to assume control of the offense and offensive play calling. If that can only happen if Kellen Moore takes a head coaching job, I hope the Jags come calling - and hard!

Its problematic, because he’s a West Coast guy, meaning Dak would have to learn a new offense, or a significant new chunk of offensive concepts and he’s a slow learner in reality.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Kellen Moore is good until he is figured out. Then he proceeds to make no adjustments, similar to a past Cowboys coach ala Jason Garrett. They can have him. Take Dak with em too.

You mean he is great until his Oline sucks, his top two receivers get injured, his QB gets hurt and his RB is too old to do anything?

Yep, I agree.

khiladi

Reaction score
I just dont get it with the fascination

he wasnt a good qb
he wasnt a good qb coach
he isnt a good OC
he was trained under Garrett

any team that hires him...deserves him

No, he was trained under Linehan, both in Detroit and Dallas and, with more control, he has implemented concepts he learned in Boise State, under Chris Peterson.

It’s not a Garrett offense in any way.

khiladi

Reaction score
Most offenses are ‘figured out’ to a degree during the season. This is when elite QB and talent start coming into real play.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jags won’t take any chances this time. They will hire a proven NFL head coach, possibly even a guy not in the league right now. Might be a former HC who is currently an assistant.

Sounds like Jason Garrett...oh wait, he is not an assistant anymore, nor proven...:muttley:

khiladi

Reaction score
Urban Meyer would have lasted more than 1 year if he was likable. The league is fascinated with young coaches and Moore isn’t a PR nightmare like Urban Meyer.

plus, he’s known for creative play calling and the Jags are obviously, if they are smart, going to make a decision based on what they feel is best for developing Trevor Lawrence.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
I honestly want to see what Big Mike would bring to the offense if he were to take the reigns. Might at least make it harder for opponents to gameplan.

khiladi

Reaction score
It looks like Moore is now interested in a HC position. He supposedly has his representatives reach out to TCU in November, for their HC job.

Further, Dallas can do nothing if Moore gets a HC offer, other than trying to convince him to stay fore more money. It’s not a lateral move, so Dallas isn’t in any position to dictate terms, outside firing MM and giving Moore the job.

Also, the way Stephen addressed the issue, it looks like that are all about ‘consistency’ anyways, meaning if Moore leaves, they would hire internally.

“So, a part of you hopes you have that challenge, but at the same time, you hate to lose guys who are doing a great job for you, but hopefully we’re doing our job. We got guys on our staff who can step up if they happen to get the opportunity they really want as a head coach, then you certainly embrace that for them. As I said, hopefully, you got some great coaches on this staff that are ready to be coordinators or have been coordinators.”

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/kellen-moore-tcu-head-coach-interest-rumor/

csirl

Reaction score
Jags will splash the cash on an experienced big name HC.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
They can have Moore.

He would be a fool not to take it.

Laughable when people call it a mess.

Trevor Lawrence, a lot of good young players and top 5 draft capital.

A cleared cap.

Only 32 of these positions exist on the planet, the opportunity is very rare.

Sunny destination.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Jags will splash the cash on an experienced big name HC.

If they are smart they will.

Sounds like they want to do something now this season and can figure out immediately if the new hire is the guy also by the end of next.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
twtvrjcmp4djppq49iki

Better than their last coach

Silly

Reaction score
I think it take more to be a head coach than just drawing up plays. You have to be able to judge talent and build a team. Can he do that? Let him learn those skills in Jacksonville!