Odds to win each remaining game (per ESPN Analytics)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No we do not. We were 3.5 point favourites vs Philly. We are a 1 point dog in Buffalo.
3.5 on our turf. so really 1/2 point. And we won by 20 points. Against a 10-2 team.
So we go to Buffalo as a1 point under dog, so would be favored 2 on a neutral field.
OK.
Not saying it will be an easy game. But not acting like we are bums and will lose either.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Bills are favored. People in here are clueless. Y’all think this is going to be some easy game. It’s not. More llikely lose than win. But barely more likely
its not going to be an easy game. no road game is ever easy. and they are desparate. the two teams are evenly matched per se, so it will be a close game. the team that makes less mistakes is going to win it....

Nav22

Reaction score
I think we win at Buffalo.

Then Philly will have a ton of pressure on them to win Monday night in Seattle.

coult44

Reaction score
Dallas
50% chance to win at Buffalo
52% chance to win at Miami
75% chance to win vs Detroit
86% chance to win at Washington

So winning out will be tough but FAR from impossible. Next 2 games are each a coin flip.

Philly
58% chance to win at Seattle
88% chance to win vs NY Giants
81% chance to win vs Arizona
87% chance to win at NY Giants

Seattle's our best bet, but not at all inconceivable that they drop one of their last 3 games. When a 85% FT shooter attempts 3 FTs in an NBA game, they probably miss at least 1 of them like half the time.

San Francisco
85% chance to win at Arizona
64% chance to win vs Baltimore
73% chance to win at LA Rams

Again, not inconceivable for them to drop one. Lamar Jackson's 19-1 vs the NFC in his career.

If we survive our next 2 games, we still have a solid chance at the division and possibly the 1 seed.

One game at a time. Beat Buffalo.
:starspin:
None of this matters. Why play the game on Sundays if it does?

Reaction score
Bills are favored. People in here are clueless. Y’all think this is going to be some easy game. It’s not. More llikely lose than win. But barely more likely
Buffalo is an up and down team, you just don't know which side of the coin will flip up. Kansas City had a lot of chances to win that game, just bad turnovers.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas

So winning out will be tough but FAR from impossible. Next 2 games are each a coin flip.

Philly

Seattle's our best bet, but not at all inconceivable that they drop one of their last 3 games. When a 85% FT shooter attempts 3 FTs in an NBA game, they probably miss at least 1 of them like half the time.

San Francisco

Again, not inconceivable for them to drop one. Lamar Jackson's 19-1 vs the NFC in his career.

If we survive our next 2 games, we still have a solid chance at the division and possibly the 1 seed.

If those odds were real, they would imply:
DAL: 17% chance of winning out.
PHI: 36% chance of winning out.
SF: 34% chance of winning out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We should have all learned a long time ago that we can't rely on the Giants to do us any favors, so I expect Philly to win out and take the 2-seed from us, putting us back to the 5-seed. The 49ers will most likely win out, so I believe they will get the 1-seed.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should have all learned a long time ago that we can't rely on the Giants to do us any favors, so I expect Philly to win out and take the 2-seed from us, putting us back to the 5-seed. The 49ers will most likely win out, so I believe they will get the 1-seed.
Highly probable That happens.

But not impossible for us to get #2 or #1 seed.
we win out, and each of those two drop a game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Highly probable That happens.

But not impossible for us to get #2 or #1 seed.
we win out, and each of those two drop a game.
I'm not getting my hopes up for what is "not impossible". I will hope for the scenario you mention but I know it's unlikely. I'm okay with entering the playoffs as the 5 seed. It's not ideal but I believe the Cowboys can beat anyone at home or on the road.

CWR

Reaction score
Dallas

Philly

San Francisco

Oh wow I didn't know 9ers played the Ravens. That is gonna be one hyped up game.

Also agree, we got a shot at the division

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not getting my hopes up for what is "not impossible". I will hope for the scenario you mention but I know it's unlikely. I'm okay with entering the playoffs as the 5 seed. It's not ideal but I believe the Cowboys can beat anyone at home or on the road.
Right.
i am preparing for a game at Atlanta, TB or NO. All very winnable games. I think I prefer Atlanta For now.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Dallas

Philly

San Francisco

So by math, we have a 1 in 9 chance of winning out, Philly has 1 in 3, SF has 1 in 3.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Theyre favored by 3 which you get 3 for beign the home team. Basically a pickem game

Szczepanik

Reaction score
For a cold weather team, Bill's are pretty bad at running the ball consistently.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Miami is pretty beat up and Detroit is coming back to the pack.
I actually like Dallas' chances if they can win on the road in Buffalo.

Philly should get the Seahawks best shot as they are at home in a wildcard race.