Odell’s contract

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Gallup is playing better each week. Those possession routes he was completing in the first half were very encouraging.

OBJ is a luxury with all the backs and TE thrown into the mix. Moore is starting to isolate Pollard on LB downfield which bodes very well.

I would take him because he is a much better receiver than Brown and the rest but Brown is a reliable roleplayer. I would want a prove it deal because of his history of being a malcontent but I would pay him a decent chuck in the short term. Completely lowballing him is just going to guarantee his unhappiness.

clff15701

Reaction score
The giants have like 2.5 million in cap space. I don’t see Jerry getting outbid this close to a Super Bowl.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You dont think he will make more money if he shows that he is healthy this year?
nope.... he already showed what he was worth LAST year to the Rams.

ACL tears are like a broken hand today. Pretty damn common. This is not when Gayle Sayers played.

T-RO

Reaction score
4 Reasons I Pass on Odell

1. ACL's might not end careers anymore, but it's unpredictable how he'll recover when injury was just last February. Little time to build chemistry for this year.
2. He's 30
3. He's not been good teammate for 2 of his 3 teams.
4. Need $ for other players. Can draft WR

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
1M a game is about right. 7 mil for the season plus a 1M bonus per playoff game. Prove it year, but I would be willing to give him 12 mil next year with a 500k bonus per playoff game he plays in.

So, 2 year deal worth 19M and 500k bonus for each playoff game he plays in would be my highest offer.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Make it accurate if you are going to put it in every thread.

NONE of it is accurate right now.
Amari has FOUR 100-yard weeks out of 10 weeks.
He also has 3 games below 35 yards.
He's 17th in receptions and 13th in yards.

Amari is making 60M this year and the next 2.
That is FAR MORE than OBJ is valued at by Spotrac.
Amari would have cost 22M on THIS YEARS cap for Dallas.
Part of the deal with the trade was eating some of that cash for CLE.
They got his cap down to peanuts but now get to pay him:
24M each of the next 2 seasons with dead money after that.

I'll just cut and paste.
He's bound to have another one soon.
Dude should still have a star on his helmet.

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree with the OP on this. That's probably what he'll get. And I think the Giants will pay him. I just don't see Jerry doing it.

It wouldn't be that bad for the Cowboys either. Any big cap hits that Diggs or Lamb may have will come several years after OBJ is gone. And that's even if they extend them next year. The only thing in the way might be Dak's cap hit. I think the Cowboys want to pay most of that next year. So OBJ is out.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Amari Cooper has 5 100-yard games with Jacoby Brisset as QB
and also has a restructured contract that Dallas never bothered to
pursue. But OBJ is two years older, coming off a twice-torn ACL,
and he wants more $$$.

(Yes, this or something similar, should be in EVERY OBJ thread.)

Dump Cooper. Sign OBJ.

Clown Team.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Amari Cooper has 5 100-yard games with Jacoby Brisset as QB
and also has a restructured contract that Dallas never bothered to
pursue. But OBJ is two years older, coming off a twice-torn ACL,
and he wants more $$$.

(Yes, this or something similar, should be in EVERY OBJ thread.)
Why would Dallas explore a restructure when he was here?

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think I’m officially all out on OBJ.

He’s likely going to require 3 years 30+ million and he’s coming off of a 2nd injury so theres likely no chance he’s what he used to be.

If MG gets full strength he’s probably an upgrade. Save the money for needs in the offseason.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I want a prove it deal for the rest of this year. Show me you can play at a high level after 2 major knee injuries. Then we can talk but 20 million a year for a WR on there last contract. Maybe 12 but I am not into 20. Or getting him for long term.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I would offer his $500,000 / game for the rest of the season with no guarantees. I am positive this is not in line with what he wants but IMHO it is even more than he is probably worth. $500,000 / game is in line with what a top shelf WR gets. OBJ is probably not worth it but as we all know it is all about the guarantees.