Of course this team is soft

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t they be? Not a single person is in jeopardy of losing their job, regardless of the level of performance. From the coach all the way down to the kicker, no one is worried. They just keep on collecting checks.
If that were true we'd still have Taco on the team. You are just in love with those infamous words, "you're fired". When has that ever been popular? :rolleyes:

batman36

Reaction score
Just stop caring.

I think i'm at that point. It's boring and hard to watch the same thing year after year.

It doesn't matter who we have or what we do we will find a way to screw it up.

Green Bay literally had no answer for our offense but we still found a way to lose the game. That's who the Cowboys are and it's been going on for a long time. There is a culture problem that eventually rears it's ugly head at some point.

I'm not a fan of Stephen Smith, but his phrase about the Cowboys rings true, way to often.

75boyz

Reaction score
Just stop caring.

I think i'm at that point. It's boring and hard to watch the same thing year after year.

Green Bay literally had no answer for our offense but we still found a way to lose the game. That's who the Cowboys are and it's been going on for a long time. There is a culture problem that eventually rears it's ugly head at some point.

Good post. And of all people, whom I can't stand by the way, this is Stephen A. Smith's punchline Cowboys joke. So painful yet true.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We'll bounce back against another mediocre trash team and everyone here will think all is fixed...

Until the next half decent team comes around and beats us into the ground.

This team is soft and unprepared.

I doubt it. We have seen this team and coaching against 2 top teams in he NFC and we look like a mess. We could have written off one week as an outlier but not 2 in a row. I don't think anyone will put any stock into the Jets game at all. The Eagles game in 2 weeks is going to be the test to see if we have fixed anything. Win those 2 games going into a bye week and we are where we want to be.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I wish Jerry was as shrewd of a football executive as he is in his other business dealings.

In the corporate real world, it's damn near impossible to work for your buddies or have your buddies work for you. It's hard to hold people accountable when they're the same people that party with you on your yacht or attend luncheons with you where everyone gets plastered. Starts at the top.

The GM, EVP and Director of Player Personnel, Head Coach, QB, K, and everyone else has complete job security. Marinelli is going to be the next Garrett Scapegoat this year. And JG will likely give Garrett a "one year prove it deal" just to try and sell it to us fans that JG is on the hot seat.

Garrett's prove it year is this year. Hence why we did not give him an extension. He's on the last year of his contract and is essentially a lame duck coach. He has the second highest odds right now to be fired.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Garrett's prove it year is this year. Hence why we did not give him an extension. He's on the last year of his contract and is essentially a lame duck coach. He has the second highest odds right now to be fired.
Jerry just told you today to not bet on those odds.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Just stop caring.

They did have an answer for our offense and it was turnovers and timely sacks. Something our defense does little to none of. We gained the bulk of our yards when we were down 31-3.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Jerry just told you today to not bet on those odds.

What is Jerry going to say during the season? He said the same sort of things when Wade was here. And then he was fired the next week. We are still 3-2 and at the top of the East with the Eagles. Jerry is not going to trash Jason in public. Jason is Jerry's pet toy. He will never fire him during the regular season no matter what. But I am fairly confident that unless we show any improvement and that is NFC championship game or better, he's gone.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They did have an answer for our offense and it was turnovers and timely sacks. Something our defense does little to none of. We gained the bulk of our yards when we were down 31-3.

We started the game walking up and down the field too. Our offense imploded over and over and really had nothing to do with them stopping us.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Le'Veon Bell is going to look like Saquon Barkley against this defense.

:eek:

Le'Veon Bell is going to look like Saquon Barkley against this defense.

BasicEntireArgentinehornedfrog-size_restricted.gif

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t they be? Not a single person is in jeopardy of losing their job, regardless of the level of performance. From the coach all the way down to the kicker, no one is worried. They just keep on collecting checks.
Link please. :lmao:

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
We can bounce back from 3-5 then we can come back from 3-2.
Is there another offensive weapon we can trade for to deal with the schedule we have after the bye week? If not then this start doesn’t compare to last season.

Rajveer

Reaction score
I disagree with this statement. Garrett was no given a contract extension this off-season. I think if this team doesn't get to the NFC championship game he is gone.
I will believe it when it happens. But that is still not going to fix our issues, unless a real coach is hired and Jerry gets out of his way.