Of course this team is soft

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Linehan *eventually* got dumped, but way too late.

Got his chance to remake the offense in 2017 and failed abysmally. Should have been dumped for 2018. Certainly should have been dumped mid 2018. He was dead man walking after the bye. I said so both times. At the bye, I was Anyone But Linehan. Garrett or Moore. But get Linehan out of there.

Count on Marinelli to get pantsed in the playoffs.

He and Richard increasingly get pantsed in the regular season too.

GB. Colts last season.

Funny watching Eberflus pants us last year. Another one that we let get away. We bet on Richard instead. Anyone like that bet now?

Moore looks like a good call at OC. Kiffinellichard not so much. Garrett, not.

The coaches we brought in that are actually good? Parcells, Payton, Eberflus and Moore, the latter 3 brought in not by Garrett and/or the Front Office, but by the coaches we brought in. And even with Parcells, I think the Xs and Os had passed him by, and he was a player/team/game manager.

The lack of accountability is from the top down. Jerry. Garrett. Ryan gets dumped quickly and we bring in a herd of old/failed HCs - guys no threat to Garrett. We hang onto them too long. Marinelli should have been gone with Kiffin after our historically wretched defensive season. Linehan should have been gone after 2017. We're not looking for the best. We're looking for the best to fit with Garrett.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Moore after this season. The contrast with Linehan last year will make him a HC candidate for someone. It's a risk, but someone will bet on Moore on the come. A good fit for a team with a strong football GM looking for Xs and Os more than management.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The problem is that the players aren't actually invested into the team or its success. Sure, they care so long it benefits their wallet or "brand", but I'd bet most of us on CZ care more about the team's W/L record than 90% of actual Cowboys players do.

I'll take "One my favorite things fans say on the internet" for $400, Alex. :muttley:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is there another offensive weapon we can trade for to deal with the schedule we have after the bye week? If not then this start doesn’t compare to last season.

If we stop turning the ball over on offense we had a good shot to win either game, esp the saints. Not to mention our defense has a ton of room to improve. So yes if either side of the ball improves even a little we can beat most teams.

ultron

Reaction score
Ask teams that play us if we're soft - over the last 3 years our opponents always leave the game way more banged up than us. If we didn't injury our own damn Olinemen we'd be one of the healthiest teams in the league.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Tell that to the x#13 ,owner of Pitbull
"Blitz",,,o_O