Offensive line injury concerns

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's because we know too much. We should be blissfully ignorant because the things that make us uptight are the ones we can't do anything about.
Have you ever heard of the saying “Don’t sweat the small ****. And everything is small ****.” That’s what I live by but this board seems to enjoy and look forward to sweating every tiny turd that drops.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Since camp started there has been little mention of the young OL like Hyatt, Puni, Knight and McGovern (injury).

Always eye opening how a position of strength can flip with one or two injuries. Hopefully, McGovern can get back because he is missing some valuable reps especially for a rookie.

erod

Reaction score
Martin's MRI showed not problems. Just standard procedure when a player has a sore back.

McGovern was likely going to be a game day inactive.

Frederick is fine and has been in top form in the weight room for some time now. He is back to his peak weight room numbers. Garrett is always cautious with veterans in training camp.

Tyron is the biggest injury concern on the entire team, IMO. They have options at OG or RT but if Fleming has to play LT for more than a game or two then that's a big problem.
They called Martin's issue a "disc irritation". Anyone with back problems knows that is not minor and it typically recurs over and over.

Hopefully not with him.

And I'll feel better about Frederick when he starts taking more reps.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you ever heard of the saying “Don’t sweat the small ****. And everything is small ****.” That’s what I live by but this board seems to enjoy and look forward to sweating every tiny turd that drops.
Isn't that what this is all about? The small stuff? Hell, we'll discuss every little detail to death but if we didn't have fun doing it, we wouldn't do it.

We each come to give and take something from here and while I may not agree with some of that, I do respect their right to feel or think that way. And I can disagree with something someone I like posts without making judgements about what they're like in the real world. Negative posts are made by positive people too because of their perception of that situation.

Rocky, you are a prime example. First time I interacted with you, you were all in my **** about being negative and made some assumptions and I did as well. As you've opened up about yourself and I've learned more about you, I changed my opinion and I like you and see some of where you're coming from.

And I am not here just about the football or the Cowboys, and some are and I respect that as well, I am more here about the person behind the posts and really like getting glimpses of them and learning more about them. Hell, I spend more time with y'all than my family.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They called Martin's issue a "disc irritation". Anyone with back problems knows that is not minor and it typically recurs over and over.

Hopefully not with him.

And I'll feel better about Frederick when he starts taking more reps.
Still early but big men with back problems don't easily go away and when you see what he has to do for a living, that's exactly what a back doc would tell you not to do. Fortunately, he's one of those OL that doesn't need a lot of reps in practice, he's as solid as they come.

Number1

Reaction score
Zack Martin is getting an MRI on his lower bac today according to The Fan.

Connor McGovern is going to be out several weeks with a pectoral muscle injury.

Travis Frederick is slowly regaining his strength and form. Looney is taking a lot of reps at center.

Tyron had his history of back issues.

Going to be a dicey training camp up front. Hope this doesn't bleed into the season too much.

some of it will likely bleed into the reg season - it's the highest paid and weakest unit on the team

the only healthy starters are Williams and Collins and neither can pass block, and Williams can't run block well either

that's hard to scheme around - they need to move Collins to LG and start Fleming or Williams at RT

I said that last year this time and they started Williams at LG knowing he could've hang - but they don't listen to me

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
- but they don't listen to me

* note to self; " either locate yer formerly misplaced lifelong body of credentialed & accredited body of footballish insights, or compile a fresh & broader spanning updated one,,,as my instincts are indicating it's the wise & prudent thing to do*

Number1

Reaction score
* note to self; " either locate yer formerly misplaced lifelong body of credentialed & accredited body of footballish insights, or compile a fresh & broader spanning updated one,,,as my instincts are indicating it's the wise & prudent thing to do*

facts are facts

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Isn't that what this is all about? The small stuff? Hell, we'll discuss every little detail to death but if we didn't have fun doing it, we wouldn't do it.

We each come to give and take something from here and while I may not agree with some of that, I do respect their right to feel or think that way. And I can disagree with something someone I like posts without making judgements about what they're like in the real world. Negative posts are made by positive people too because of their perception of that situation.

Rocky, you are a prime example. First time I interacted with you, you were all in my **** about being negative and made some assumptions and I did as well. As you've opened up about yourself and I've learned more about you, I changed my opinion and I like you and see some of where you're coming from.

And I am not here just about the football or the Cowboys, and some are and I respect that as well, I am more here about the person behind the posts and really like getting glimpses of them and learning more about them. Hell, I spend more time with y'all than my family.
It apparently is and if you like that, then you love the majority of the posts. I don’t and it’s why I point out those that do.