News: Offensive line revealed as Giants' Achilles' heel in preseason loss to Bills

wileedog

Reaction score
They really wanted Jack Conklin and were thrown for a loop when the Titans traded up ahead of them. At that point they still could have had Tunsil or even Taylor Decker. It's possible they screwed it up with Apple, but he can be a good corner.
In fairness their secondary was every bit the dumpster fire last year that their Oline still is this year. It was either or for them.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
In fairness their secondary was every bit the dumpster fire last year that their Oline still is this year. It was either or for them.

Wasn't it considered early for Apple? I remember hearing it during the draft.

wileedog

Reaction score
Wasn't it considered early for Apple? I remember hearing it during the draft.
Probably. But when you are 32nd in pass defense and if he is the highest rater corner on your board, I guess you do what you need to do.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I promise you neither happens week 1.

Bank on it.
I hope you are right. It seems that everytime there is an obvious weakness with a team, and we talk about it all week, we never exploit it. I would love to be wrong.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Offensive line revealed as Giants' Achilles' heel in preseason loss to Bills
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-g...ants-achilles-heel-in-preseason-loss-to-bills

It took until the first quarter of the second preseason game for the New York Giants' perceived biggest weakness to surface as a potential red flag for their 2016 season. Their offensive line struggled badly in a 21-0 loss in Buffalo, New York, on Saturday -- the first time since 2001 that the Giants were shut out in a preseason contest -- against a Buffalo Bills defense that was without several key starters.

The Giants' line couldn’t open holes, couldn’t protect quarterback Eli Manning, and couldn’t stop committing penalties. It started with right guard John Jerry's false start on the opening drive. It continued with left tackle Ereck Flowers' holding penalty on the first play of the second drive. It was capped by center Weston Richburg's holding penalty on the third drive.

The Giants’ first-team offensive line was a mess on Saturday afternoon. In fact, so was the entire first-team offense, even with Manning and wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. on the field...

Music to my ears!