Offensive line shuffle

RonWashington

Reaction score
The age of needing a dominant oline ended like ten seasons ago.

Really ? So running the ball to set up your play action , pass blocking protecting the QB stopped being important “ ten seasons “ ago ..,? I never got that memo .

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
For the life of me I cannot understand why our offensive line wasn’t as follows. Tyron Smith (LT) L. Collins (LG) Biadash (C) Martin (RG) and T. Steele (RT) those were the best 5 Linemen and would’ve had much better success in my opinion. What do you guys think?
Tyron needs to be on the field for your theory to work.

He needs to go for continuity alone.......

Acceptablename

Reaction score
For the life of me I cannot understand why our offensive line wasn’t as follows. Tyron Smith (LT) L. Collins (LG) Biadash (C) Martin (RG) and T. Steele (RT) those were the best 5 Linemen and would’ve had much better success in my opinion. What do you guys think?
It might be that Steele is a good back up but not a long term answer as a starter. The covid year was a blessing for him. My hopes are we draft a viable OG early and that hole is filled

Blackrain

Reaction score
I think the first thing that has to happen is this offensive line coach needs to be shuffled out the door.

We need someone who knows how to scheme to the strengths of our players and demands accountability. This offensive line with the amount of draft picks and money we have invested is one of the most underachieving groups in the NFL.

Along with the coach the center has to go he is just not strong enough to hold his ground shoot the works and get Ryan Jensen in free agency

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The best they can hope for this year is Linderbaum being there at 24, moving Lael back to guard & starting Steele at RT.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Really ? So running the ball to set up your play action , pass blocking protecting the QB stopped being important “ ten seasons “ ago ..,? I never got that memo .

Never said you don’t run the ball or pass protect. Just because a team’s oline isn’t full of first and second round draft picks doesn’t mean they can’t be successful.

Get better memos. :muttley:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Bengals & Chiefs subpar OLine SB loss . Got that memo hope Jerry did when the Cowboys draft more receivers …

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I watched, carefully, every play of that vid. I was actually surprised at how well Tyler played. He is pretty good as long as neither of two things happened:
1. He was alone against a strong DT. He just isn't strong enough.
2. There was a scrum of bodies in one spot. He gets completely lost and doesn't know what to do.

OK, having said that, and feeling pretty good about Tyler, I was shocked at how much better Farniok played. He is MUCH stronger than Tyler. Hardy's TD run was two guys against the defense. Hardy made a great run, but Farniok sprung him. Twice.
Agreed.

Farniok needs to be our starter. Or at least given a fair chance to compete for it.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because they aren't the 5 best.

Regarding the LG spot. Collins couldn't do the more athletic blocks that CW was being asked to do. The pulling, moving type stuff. While he wasn't doing it every play that stuff worked well especially early on. Putting Collins there changes how you block run plays. And like it or not CW is a better LG than Steele is a tackle. Just needs to get his penalties back to his normal.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Issac Alarcon has potential to be a starting guard. Need to trade one of the tackles and move on a year early than year too late.

Draft a Center or Tackle with either first or second pick. Use the extra pick from the trade to beef up the interior DL or move up.
Alarcon hasn't yet even made the active roster. I would like to think he has that kind of potential, but he's got to be considered a long shot. Certainly he can't be factored into any planning for the active roster.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The best they can hope for this year is Linderbaum being there at 24, moving Lael back to guard & starting Steele at RT.
I think he is there by a longshot and Dallas passes.

Since our leader loves to reveal the draft board to the public (presumably in some weak attempt to prove they know what they are doing).....I'll wager anyone an adult soda that Dallas has a second round grade on him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Alarcon hasn't yet even made the active roster. I would like to think he has that kind of potential, but he's got to be considered a long shot. Certainly he can't be factored into any planning for the active roster.
Did he ever get that cake he wanted?

I forgot.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Smith needs to go, need new, LT, LG, Center...

i think they keep their current starters at LT and C. Seriously.

LG has gotta be 1st or 2nd round.

we still have CMcGovern under contract for 2022.

He needs to get more time at LG.