1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Offensive scheme/passing game

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFaninHouston, Jul 12, 2018.

1. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

5,558 Messages
    1,322 Likes Received
    just trying to get through the next two weeks until we get some actual camp news and get excited about season....

so given we lost Dez, who was average last year anyway and we lost Witten and our top TE this year has all of 94 yards and the rest zero game experience and seemingly having a deep WR group but no clear dominant #1 WR, we should probably go with a lot more 3, 4 Wide look, spread the field. spread the defense. press the defense. Our OL is very good and can pass protect so having a TE may not be as necessary.

Having Zeke in the back who can block a little, is always helpful. I think very much like college teams, we have advantage putting our #3, #4 WR against #3, #4 corners of other teams. most teams aren't deep at CB. plus, spread offense allows zeke a lot more room to run, specially given our OL.

so thinking combinatins like
    Zeke, Hurns, Gallop, Austin and Thompson or
    Zeke, Hurns, Austin, Beasley, Brown or
    Zeke, Hurns, Gallop, Thompson Austin....

puts a lot of pressure on the defense...then perhaps go periods during the game with no huddle....

just pressure the defense and keep them back pedaling.

has training camp started yet?

2. cern

cern Well-Known Member

3,141 Messages
    3,393 Likes Received
    I think the only thing we can say about the passing game is it has to change. Needs to be more up tempo than in the past. Don't let opposing defenses off the field to make substitutions to create mismatches with our speed. The elements for success are in place.

waving monkey likes this.
  3. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,590 Messages
    1,787 Likes Received
    We will have bottom 5 passing game how could anyone have higher expectations with Dak at QB ?
    Add to the mix these failed or unproven WR we have today, our passing game will look like the "Keystone Cops" ......

4. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member

6,117 Messages
    2,389 Likes Received
    Smash mouth spread with dak using rpo quite a bit

5. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

3,047 Messages
    2,445 Likes Received
    I've been thinking about Zeke, Olawale and 3 WR sets.

6. Gridiron Man

Gridiron Man Formerly "Dallas Cowboys" Zone Supporter

790 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    1,127 messages and all of them are you whining about how terrible Dak is. Give it a break.

7. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

12,045 Messages
    11,024 Likes Received
    Its a psychosis

8. JoeKing

JoeKing mrtxstar

12,389 Messages
    9,448 Likes Received
    :facepalm: You posters that think the Cowboys are going to have to reinvent the wheel to get a viable passing game going are sadly mistaken. What worked in 2016 is what will work in 2018. Just think of Hurns as our new Dez.

buybuydandavis likes this.
  9. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

1,751 Messages
    1,632 Likes Received
    Garrett's playbook doesn't change.

10. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

3,677 Messages
    7,214 Likes Received
    Even though our WR Corp is unproven. This is going to be the most speed we have had at WR in many years.

That has to provide some kind of benefit.

buybuydandavis likes this.
  11. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

1,875 Messages
    3,738 Likes Received
    Going to be hard for teams to cover Beasley and Austin at the same time. Their lateral quickness will make teams vulnerable underneath.

The unit is faster overall than it has been in years... I am willing to wait and see what they do before I assume it will fail.

TexasBoys2288 likes this.
  12. NotForLong

NotForLong Well-Known Member

1,313 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    :facepalm::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
    How low will the Dez haters go. It's bad enough you threw him under the bus but how many times will you continue to run him over

13. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

5,254 Messages
    2,776 Likes Received
    Garretts coaching career has proven that he doesnt do massive overhauls often(if ever) with offensive philosophy

NotForLong likes this.
  14. NotForLong

1,313 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    I believe this to be true. And if it is this team will be a trainwreck.

I hope Garrett changes. He has to or else he is gone. As he rightfully should be

DallasDW00ds0n likes this.
  15. JoeKing

JoeKing mrtxstar

12,389 Messages
    9,448 Likes Received
    Dez threw himself under the bus and you still insist on kissing his feet. Worshiping at the altar of Bryant will get you nowhere. I'm not even talking about Dez in his prime, I'm talking about his 2016 stats. Allen Hurns is capable of putting up similar numbers.

16. NotForLong

1,313 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Why did you just say that. I am not kissing his feet or worshiping at the alter.

He was a great exciting play maker for my favorite team. For many years. What should I hate him like skip Bayless and you.

And if I dont I worship him. What's wrong with you.

The only reason you are continuing to tear him down is to build Dak up. They are related in that aspect. In order to shun all blame from Dak we all have to agree Dez sucks, well that's an out right lie.

Akoye Films has already proven that. Dez's drop in production is at the feet of Dak.

17. JoeKing

JoeKing mrtxstar

12,389 Messages
    9,448 Likes Received
    You so freely assign hate coming from others but you don't like when it's done to you. In his prime, Dez was a better player but that's not what I'm talking about. He WAS a great player but he wasn't in 2016. I'm just sayng we have a player already that can put up those numbers. Dry your eyes and stop with you faux righteous indignation. I'm a Cowboys fan too and my bigger point(before you interupted) is the Cowboys are about to have another big season like in 2016.

18. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

1,415 Messages
    1,666 Likes Received

But they did a massive overhaul at the skill positions which means we're likely to see a different philosophy. I expect to see a lot more of the RBs in the passing game, that would be a start. And less empty backfield. etc.

Buzzbait and DallasDW00ds0n like this.
  19. PUSHfold

PUSHfold Well-Known Member

357 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    This is LITERALLY TRUE.

There's a similar thing going on with Trump derangement syndrome, except for this one is Dak derangement syndrome: D.D.S.

Gridiron Man likes this.
  20. Gridiron Man

Gridiron Man Formerly "Dallas Cowboys" Zone Supporter

790 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    TDS Love it.