***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread - Day 2***

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I really don't get the Doucet pick for Az. They have other needs, and WR isn't one of them. Unless.... :pray:

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
firehawk350;2057184 said:
Mario Manningham might become a cowboy?

Although I am not a big fan of Manninghams, I am starting to think that we need to draft a WR and here is why. If it takes 2-3 years for a WR to really be NFL quality, then a WR from this draft would be hitting their stroke just about the time that TO would be looking to exit the game.

But then again, we could always pick up a FA or trade for one when needed.

montgod

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;2057199 said:
Although I am not a big fan of Manninghams, I am starting to think that we need to draft a WR and here is why. If it takes 2-3 years for a WR to really be NFL quality, then a WR from this draft would be hitting their stroke just about the time that TO would be looking to exit the game.

But then again, we could always pick up a FA or trade for one when needed.

So which current WR do you cut on the roster for him?

Woods

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2057193 said:
I wondering if they are eyeing Jeremy Thompson the pass rusher from Wake Forest, it was mentioned they like him and Ellis who is gone.

I'm thinking that may be the case as well.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
montgod;2057217 said:
So which current WR do you cut on the roster for him?

If it comes down to it, let him and Miles Austin battle it out. Just like last year with Urban.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Isn't DT Red Bryant still on the board? If Ratliff is going to slide over to DE, we have a need a DT. I'de be happy with this guy in the 3rd or 4th.

montgod

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2057233 said:
If it comes down to it, let him and Miles Austin battle it out. Just like last year with Urban.

I think Caldwell would be a better fit since he is a lot faster and bigger then Manningham.

firehawk350

Reaction score
montgod;2057238 said:
I think Caldwell would be a better fit since he is a lot faster and bigger then Manningham.
With receivers, you never really know who will do what. A seventh could beat out a second rounder...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
My guess is still Jeremy Thompson DE to convert to OLB who is 66 on Goose's top 100.