Twitter: Official: Anthony Spencer out for rest of season - 09/24/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 3m
Jerry Jones says Anthony Spencer could be out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Richie Whitt ‏@richiewhitt 3m
Uh-oh. #Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says Anthony Spencer needs additional surgery and could be out for the year.

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn 1m
It will be micro fracture surgery for Anthony Spencer - per Jerry Jones

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 2m
Jerry tells KRLD Spencer needs microfracture surgery. Likely going to end his season.

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 2m
Working to learn: #cowboys Spencer surgery idea directly related to bone bruise/fracture, or other damage,
#cowboys Jerry mentions microfracture surgery with Spencer. @gavindawson will be owed a beer

Last edited:

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I knew it was coming, even though they kept saying week to week, there was no way you could watch the Spencer clip and not know he was done for the year.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Not a huge surprise. This makes the hopeful return of Ratliff even more significant. And I still have doubts that will happen.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
jerry just said microfracture type surgery, will still have to determine, but probably out for year

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Tough luck for all involved. On the bright side, maybe Spencer is a little more affordable.

Doomsay

Reaction score
That sucks, you need DL depth down the stretch, at least this won't hurt us next year when we let him go.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 3m
Jerry Jones says Anthony Spencer could be out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Richie Whitt ‏@richiewhitt 3m
Uh-oh. #Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says Anthony Spencer needs additional surgery and could be out for the year.

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn 1m
It will be micro fracture surgery for Anthony Spencer - per Jerry Jones

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 2m
Jerry tells KRLD Spencer needs microfracture surgery. Likely going to end his season.

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 2m
Working to learn: #cowboys Spencer surgery idea directly related to bone bruise/fracture, or other damage,
#cowboys Jerry mentions microfracture surgery with Spencer. @gavindawson will be owed a beer

Wow.... that was money well spent.. SMH :mad:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Truth hurts. Could have had Bennett plus for the same money.

Martellus Bennett? He didn't want to be here anymore. He's thriving in Chicago and is getting the hero's attention he's always wanted.