Official Combine Thread

Verdammung

Reaction score

This could make him less likely to go before #58.

My personal take, his numbers don't really scare me. If he's there at 58, I'm not even thinking about it.

If you want to talk about a bad workout, look at Isaiah Buggs. I would absolutely wretch if the Cowboys pick him.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My personal take, his numbers don't really scare me. If he's there at 58, I'm not even thinking about it.

If you want to talk about a bad workout, look at Isaiah Buggs. I would absolutely wretch if the Cowboys pick him.

Just looked him up. I don't think I've even seen an 8 second 3 cone before.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Just got checking the Combine results for today... looks like Rashan Gary put up some Clowney type numbers.

EDIT: Got looking at some of the other top players. Ed Oliver slayed his jumps, and Dexter Lawrence ran a 5.05 40, which is great speed for a 340 pound man. Shows that there's some real athleticism underneath that bulk. Really want to see Oliver in particular test more, because he's a pretty special athlete.

And Devin White: ohhhh man. He was the #1 LB coming in just based on tape, and with a frickin' 4.42 and 39" vertical, I think he may have a shot at the top 10.

Today's testing is really illustrating the strength of this defensive class and the weakness of its offensive one. People were getting worked up about Justice Hill running a 4.4 - we've had a couple LBers do that today and even a DE.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think he’s a day three pick. Doesn’t play as big as his size.
He also has stated clearly via interiews he is a 0 or a 1-tech.

So this idea he is a 3-T is a bit silly. Even the player himself does not see that.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I gotta go and look at ben banogu again. He has tested well and his production is great at TCU.
20 sacks and 45 TFL...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I gotta go and look at ben banogu again. He has tested well and his production is great at TCU.
20 sacks and 45 TFL...

10 yard was insane.

The thing about the combine is I always worry about how it translates on the field. We're always so quick to proclaim greatness when it comes in a four second burst but discount a career of playing dozens of 60 minute games.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
10 yard was insane.

The thing about the combine is I always worry about how it translates on the field. We're always so quick to proclaim greatness when it comes in a four second burst but discount a career of playing dozens of 60 minute games.
100% agree. I have unfollowed at least 3 media types who are talking about guys based only on this weekend not their college game tape. .

Alexander

Reaction score
Just saw Smith is 6’0 with alligator arms...

Correction - I’ll go check out Crosby and this Commisky dude you speak of.
Warning, both guys are white and played against very poor competition. So you have to take that into account.

Alexander

Reaction score
100% agree. I have unfollowed at least 3 media types who are talking about guys based only on this weekend not their college game tape. .
How some of these guys react to workouts will tell you how seriously you should take them.

The ones that admit they never watched them before are at least honest.