Official Combine Thread

Sydla

Reaction score
Was hoping D Williams would clock in closer to 4.5

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Truly can't see us spending a pick on a RB unless it's a comp pick in the third day. Seems like you can find some street FA's who would do just as fine.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Jesus, every Cowboy mock drafter in the land is picking Justice Hill for us now...

I knew my boy Gaskin was going to run slow. I'm surprised Henderson was only a 4.5 guy. Edit* As I type it, he runs a 4.37 on his second run. I thought he stumbled a bit on his first run.

A lot of the backs I was interested in ran slow; I wonder how far they stretch now?

RS12

Reaction score
I would pick this guy in a second if he fell to 58, and we are desperate at D Line I know.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Jesus, every Cowboy mock drafter in the land is picking Justice Hill for us now...

I knew my boy Gaskin was going to run slow. I'm surprised Henderson was only a 4.5 guy. Edit* As I type it, he runs a 4.37 on his second run. I thought he stumbled a bit on his first run.

A lot of the backs I was interested in ran slow; I wonder how far they stretch now?

I will say Gaskin is faster on tape and pads. Wasn't getting caught in the Pac-12 this year from behind.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My pet cat David Montgomery ran a 4.63 at 5'10 222. Doing the math, that's a Speed Score of 96.6.

You usually want to see a Speed Score of over 100, and using a bit of algebra, he would have needed a 4.59 to hit that threshold. I would have liked to see him crack the 4.5s in general, as speed was always the question with him in college and it's fair to wonder if he can beat NFL linebackers to the edge. He's a slippery dude inside, but one-note inside runners are a dime a dozen in the pros.

Dude also had a 28" vertical, which is really sad for an RB, and a 10' 1" broad jump that's about average.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A serious question Steve Smith asked the panel today while workouts were going on.

"Is there a workout that could drop your stock?"

John813

Reaction score
Singletary improving his 40 run to 4.55 is good for his stock. Didn't expect him to crack 4.5X

Edit, then I see his run still at 4.66 elsewhere...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, right or wrong, Justice Hill made himself some money today.
Darryl Henderson too
Maybe Mike Weber too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My pet cat David Montgomery ran a 4.63 at 5'10 222. Doing the math, that's a Speed Score of 96.6.

You usually want to see a Speed Score of over 100, and using a bit of algebra, he would have needed a 4.59 to hit that threshold. I would have liked to see him crack the 4.5s in general, as speed was always the question with him in college and it's fair to wonder if he can beat NFL linebackers to the edge. He's a slippery dude inside, but one-note inside runners are a dime a dozen in the pros.

Dude also had a 28" vertical, which is really sad for an RB, and a 10' 1" broad jump that's about average.
That's disappointing for Montgomery

DFWJC

Reaction score

Henderson is fun to watch. Some team's going to be happy

Verdammung

Reaction score
Physical Freaks - Day 1
2.02 RB Alex Barnes, Kansas State
1.52 OC Garrett Bradbury, N.C. State
1.38 OT Andre Dillard, Washington State
1.34 RB Justice Hill, Oklahoma State (No agility drills).
1.04 OT Kaleb McGary, Washington
0.93 OG Chris Lindstrom, Boston College
0.76 RB Travis Homer, Miami

Dishonorable Mentions - Day 1.
-1.42 RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic
-1.26 RB Nick Brossette, LSU
-1.23 RB Jordan Scarlett, Florida
-1.23 OT Devon Johnson, Ferris State
-1.19 OG Nate Herbig, Stanford
-0.73 RB Trayveon Williams, Texas A&M

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Truly can't see us spending a pick on a RB unless it's a comp pick in the third day. Seems like you can find some street FA's who would do just as fine.

It's a pretty underwhelming group of RBs but don't underestimate our front office's Lance Dunbar fetish. They probably will look for some undersized 3rd down back who can catch the ball.