OFFICIAL Cut / Kept Thread

fortdick

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;4085206 said:
Same here...also concerned about depth the the wr position. Thanks to having to protect two kickers and some weird infatuation with Sam Young.

Keeping Buehler does obviate the need to keep two or three players just for special teams. Shouldn't ever have to worry about kick returns.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
fortdick;4085294 said:
Keeping Buehler does obviate the need to keep two or three players just for special teams. Shouldn't ever have to worry about kick returns.

True....it's just sad they can't have one kicker capable of making field goals and touchbacks like most teams.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Just read that the Chiefs put TE Tony Moeaki on IR and are shopping for a pass catching TE. If Bennett wasn't hurt, I think he'd be a candidate for trade eh?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
EPL0c0;4086310 said:
Just read that the Chiefs put TE Tony Moeaki on IR and are shopping for a pass catching TE. If Bennett wasn't hurt, I think he'd be a candidate for trade eh?

Trade him anyway, ask for a 2nd and settle for no less than a 3rd.....

Then we can add another OL, S, or LB to our roster. Also, once either Bailey or Beuhler wins the job outright, cut the other and sign a player for another area of need.

Nirvana

Reaction score
EPL0c0;4086310 said:

That tells me more than anything that we won't release Rucker, as it would be handing him over to the Chiefs. Rucker is the epitome of a pass catching TE. No way would he make it to the practice squad.

We would entertain a trade for Rucker, though.

Another possibility is we are waiting for the Chiefs to make a move for a TE, so that the coast is clear to waive Rucker.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Have we ever determined who besides Holland is gone?

Two players signed and one gone puts us 1 over unless we missed a news item.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hostile;4086563 said:
Have we ever determined who besides Holland is gone?

Two players signed and one gone puts us 1 over unless we missed a news item.

I thought Dockery's signing wasn't official yet so the team may not yet have decided/announced who they will cut.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EPL0c0;4086310 said:

Why would we want to do that?

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4086577 said:
Why would we want to do that?

John Phillips.

Anyways, whats going on with that FB from Carolina? Have we got him yet? Who do we plan to cut?

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4086670 said:
John Phillips.

Anyways, whats going on with that FB from Carolina? Have we got him yet? Who do we plan to cut?

We cut Holland.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DC.com said Colombo, Gurode, Davis, and Holland all arrived over weight and out of shape. Message to the players. Come to camp over weight and out of shape; you won't be a Cowboy.

Eskimo

Reaction score
nyc;4087022 said:
DC.com said Colombo, Gurode, Davis, and Holland all arrived over weight and out of shape. Message to the players. Come to camp over weight and out of shape; you won't be a Cowboy.

Wasn't Roy Williams also out of shape when he reported to the bears?

I don't know about Barber but he was clearly a salary dump as he had been demoted to 3rd string.

Eskimo

Reaction score
MC KAos;4087945 said:
Didnt we add a FB? I don't see him in the first post

Tony Fiametta - he was just cut Carolina. He hasn't played since a concussion from preseason week 1.

My guess is Garrett is still looking for his dominant lead blocker.

I do worry that his concussion symptoms are still persisting almost a month later. FB isn't a great position for someone with a concussion given the nature of regular high-impact collisions.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Eskimo;4088009 said:
Tony Fiametta - he was just cut Carolina. He hasn't played since a concussion from preseason week 1.

My guess is Garrett is still looking for his dominant lead blocker.

I do worry that his concussion symptoms are still persisting almost a month later. FB isn't a great position for someone with a concussion given the nature of regular high-impact collisions.
I think someone posted that it may have more to do with his neck now and not the concussion, but he was projected by the panthers to be ready by gm 1(before he was cut).

Google:

The Panthers were without 16 players due to injury Friday night against the Miami Dolphins, including wide receiver Steve Smith (finger) and running backs Jonathan Stewart and Mike Goodson, both of whom sat out with sore Achilles. Among the others sitting out on offense were fullback Tony Fiammetta (neck), guard Geoff Schwartz (hip), right tackle Jeff Otah (knee) and tight end Gary Barnidge (ankle).

On why fullback Tony Fiammetta did not practice: Tony had a neck stinger in the game, and it flared up on him today, so we pulled him out from practice
http://www.panthers.com/news/articl...ith-back/a30faacd-e576-4eee-98ba-1751586a5793